+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 211 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

House saying "no" to Dr Cameron's do you like me question was interesting. I kept waiting for him to follow it with "I love you". It sort of felt like that's what should have come next.

I really don't like the introduction of the new chairman of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by ozjod
    House saying "no" to Dr Cameron's do you like me question was interesting. I kept waiting for him to follow it with "I love you". It sort of felt like that's what should have come next.

I really don't like the introduction of the new chairman of the board.
    You're absolutely right, when describing House's response. That is exactly what it felt like to me as well, though I imagined him making a tepid substitute for love, considering their unequal relationship.

I love, love, love this show. My Tuesdays on the tube are no longer boring! What is it about scruffy, cranky, narcissistic renegades that make them so darn sexy?? Anybody who tosses a Vicodin in the air and catches it in his mouth like candy deserves special recognition.

Will someone tell me what happened on House? What I saw was this: It opened with some woman having a meeting and all of a sudden she couldn't feel her leg. She text messaged that she needed help and that's when I switched it over to something else. What was wrong with her? What happened?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

House figured out that the lady had serious control issues, as well as shame about being sick. He went in to see how she was doing when she was asleep and when he pulled back the cloth to see her leg he saw that she was a cutter *all over her thigh* She ended up needing a heart transplant because she was both bulimic, and abusing ... oh crud, I forget the name of the stuff, but it's what you give someone when they take a bunch of pills to make them throw up the poison.

So he went to her room and basically screamed at her to make him believe that she wanted to live. She cried and said she did not want to die. In order to put her on the transplant list he had to lie and say that she did not have any psychological reasons that would make her ineligible for a new heart.

Unfortunately he put her on the list BEFORE the test results came back that would have told them she needed the heart. So he had to lie again and say it was a hunch that she needed a heart and that if she hadn't needed the heart he would have taken her off the list, but if she did end up needing it (which she did) he wanted to hurry up and get her on the list.

She got the heart.

House and the new boss had some words at the end of the show. They both expressed a dislike for each other. House said he had tenure, so in order to fire him, the boss would need full board approval and House had Cutty and That other guy on his side (his friend who ditched him for the monster truck thing) As the boss was leaving he said 'You're right, you do have tenure and that makes it nearly impossible for me to get rid of you... it would be much easier for me to get rid of certain board members" :phhht
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

and abusing ... oh crud, I forget the name of the stuff, but it's what you give someone when they take a bunch of pills to make them throw up the poison.
    It was Ipecac - fine in small doses, but seriously dangerous in high doses.

What is it about scruffy, cranky, narcissistic renegades that make them so darn sexy?? Anybody who tosses a Vicodin in the air and catches it in his mouth like candy deserves special recognition.
    ITA, I've loved Hugh Laurie for years now... especially in Peter's Friends, dancing around in his boxers, playing guitar and singing "The Coffee Jingle" with Imelda Staunton! The only thing that would make the show better, IMO, would be if they let him speak with his real accent. Don't know why they have him using an American accent - other medical shows have British docs.

I'm so disappointed about Chi McBride coming onto the show. At first, I was excited because I loved him on Boston Legal. Once I saw that his character was going to be such an ass, I changed my mind. Plus, he just looks strange to me without facial hair. Unfortunately, I think that the character is probably not too far off the mark IRL. Big business and medicine don't mix well. You just can't run a hospital like a business without getting in the way of patient care. Hopefully, House can keep out of his way and won't have to fire any of his team. I'm starting to like all of them.

I found this article on the show:
    "House" Afire

Tue Mar 22, 9:24 PM ET
    By Joal Ryan

House is like one of those infectious diseases that only the cranky, but brilliant Dr. House can cure: It's spreading rapidly.

The Fox medical drama operated before a season-high 17.3 million viewers, good for fourth place in the TV week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Ratings for the freshman series crept along following its November premiere (watched by 7 million), taking off when American Idol returned in January.

Airing in the golden time slot after Tuesday's Idol, its season-to-date average is up to 10.7 million, better than 24's performance in the same hour last season.

House has been renewed for a second season, presumably to the delight of the Fox message board users who posit if their favorite TV doctor (played by Hugh Laurie) has time for a serious relationship.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...en_tv_eo/16184

I'm SO excited the show got renewed. I usually end up loving a show and then see it get canceled. Amen to House needing some lovin'! I'll bet he ends up getting down and dirty with Cutty in a supply closet!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Lou

Who?

Next episode who do you think House is going to fire and why? Maybe he will find some way to keep all three of them, I hope no one gets fired.

I think he's going to find some way to keep all three of them. I really can't see him firing anybody, and if he were to fire someone I think it would be Foreman. I still think all of them will stay though. I like all of them.
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

I'm assuming House will find a way of taming the CEO, or at least holding him at bay. I don't expect any of House's people to leave unless it's what he (House) desires.

If I had to choose to terminate one, I'd get rid of the blond guy. House seems to butt heads with Foreman more frequently, but I believe House considers Foreman's attitude as a positive, even when (or because) he's antagonistic. House doesn't desire or reward suck ups.

Lou

Who?

I think he may fire Chase if he had to. Chase found that stuff that said that chick was bulimic and he most likely lied to them so she could get a new heart. But Chase turned House into Cuddy. If House knew he might fire him.

+ Reply to Thread