+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 211 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

I don't think they ever followed up on the Wilson/Cuddy donor situation. They kind of left it. She said last night that a donor attempt didn't take and one did take but she lost the baby.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2159879;
    Okay. I'm watching tonight's episode. It opens with a little girl named Alice at a carnival with her father. She's just tall enough to go on a hand glider ride (which is a lot of fun BTW) but at first she doesn't want to go on. Daddy is disappointed and offers to take her home and she changes her mind. Once on it and the ride is going, she looks around and starts screaming. The ride stops and she's still screaming while daddy is asking her if she's okay. These actors look awfully familiar to me. Who are they? Okay it's back. Mom and dad says no history of stomach problems but mom's family has a history of Chrone's. Parents are divorced. While Cuddy is talking with some people, there is a red laser light on her directed by House. The little girl was in Daddy Daycare and the dad was in Flightplan. Mom is being stubborn after House suggests galstones (sp?). Forman comes in to check on Alice and she complains that her skin hurts. Forman lifts her gown and there is a bright red rash. Cuddy yells at House because of his Vicodin problem and then yells at the cop guy because he shut down Wilson's practice and doesn't seem to care. House gets some more Vicodin that he stashed inside a Lupus book. I've taken to trying to figure out what's wrong with the patient before the docs do. Sort of like I used to do with Murder She Wrote and what I do with CSI:NY It's fun but challenging.
    Crohn's? The ONE episode I miss! It probably would have meant a lot to me, even if that was the only mention. It's an overlooked disease, people assume that since it's not fatal, we just make the stuff up for attention. It's not true. Just a mention of it mean that someone somewhere understands what it is. Oh well... I'l wait for re-runs.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

CCL
    Thanks, buglover. I only started watching House over the summer. I think I'm going to have to check out the dvds.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Good episode. I becamed weepy eyed when the little girl's limbs were about to be amputated. Thank you Chase. Next week looks good. I do think that Morses's character it too annoying.

It wasn't Crohn's though. Just before they amputated the limbs, Chase realized (in true House fashion) that the little girl was actually allergic to light. He was flashing House's laser pointer at Forman and something was said and it all of a sudden sent up an alarm in Chase's head. He ordered the surgery stopped and they put her on medications. Cuddy told the parents that this is heriditary and that both parents must be carriers. Everytime the little girl was under the bright hospital lights, she would break out in this horrible rash that looked almost like burns. Dad would bring her outside and if it's sunny, again the rash.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Wilson! He better not be turning House in.
    I think this episode went a looooong way to proving that House does need the medication. When he is without the Vicoden, that is where he made his greatest mistakes.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2162498;
    I think this episode went a looooong way to proving that House does need the medication. When he is without the Vicoden, that is where he made his greatest mistakes.
    I thought it showed how addicted and obsessed he is with the meds. I'm not enjoying this storyline at all.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

It doesn't take much use to get addicted to those meds if you have that type of personality. I can totally see how he's addicted to them and at the same time, it's like his body gives him pain so his mind will say take more... vicious circle... I hope they figure out a different route to go with this story. If he gets clean like he did after his surgery (when he ran everyday) and then goes back on again, that will be 3 times relapsing and that's too much for us viewers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I agree that he needs to take them, the thing that kills me is how bad is his pain really? Is the amount of medicine he takes warranted for the loss of his thigh muscle and the pain he is left with? Is he addicted? He is obviously going through withdrawl.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2162498;
    While I can't predict what will happen, the preview does show Wilson saying he better get his 30 pieces of silver. I would have to say that implies betrayal. Hopefully, it will help House to really come to terms with his addiction and pain management. I am still wondering whether he really has physical pain or if it is in his head after he recovered so nicely from his brain reboot.

+ Reply to Thread