+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 211 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

I liked the opening sequence of this weeks episode, at least what I saw when I walked in.

The young girl driver gets distracted by the nosebleed of her boyfriend, takes her eye off the road momentarily, and WHOOPS!, where'd that tractor/trailer come from!

Fortunately their fancy expensive car in low to the ground to the point where they scoot under the trailer rather that wrecking. WHEW! After spinning out to a stop, "Lucky Girl" turns to her boyfriend in the passengers seat just in time to get a good look at the bus that is about to get personally aquainted with them from a broadside perspective.

How great was that? The only thing missing was the friendly Allstate guy standing there to remind us about how "accidents happen."

I don't imagine that this show will ever show them ultimately fail, the whole show is about how House finally gets things right and saves the day, having earned the enmity of several new people along the way. The show is chock full of erroneous calls, its just a normal part of the procedure.

I wasn't sure that House could last out the week without his painkillers. I wish (not really) that I could feel the pain for a moment to gauge my reaction versus his. I'd like to believe that I could tough it out without needing a lifetime of drugs, but he made a pretty good point about the meds allowing him to continue to work. His clinic boss made a good observation though, the same dose doesn't remain as effective; you end up upgrading either the quantity or level of narcotic to get the same relief.

Not a very happy prospect.

I just "found" this show a few weeks ago. It has me completely hooked. I, too, started the new TV year watching Medical Investigation....I like it...but, now they're starting to bother me how "perfect" they all are. Well, maybe perfect isn't the right word, but, they come across as almost high and mighty....look how smart we are...we can save the world.
    House, on the other hand is doing basically the same thing, figuring out medical mysteries (granted on just a single person as opposed to outbreaks), but, these people seem more real to me. Yes, I've had to suspend belief about how they do it all themselves, but, I'm also intrigued by all the different diagnoses there could be for someone's illness.
    My favorite part was the one show where the very older woman was coming on to House....she had an increased sex drive and it finally turned out to be because she had an STD when she was younger. That woman was a trip!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cinjoybeach
    That woman was a trip!!!!
    I totally agree.

Deciding that getting better wasn't worth it if it made her go back to how she'd been feeling prior to getting ill, that was something I could imagine someone doing in her case. Fortunately, and I don't know whether there was a little white lie involved, Dr. House informs her that happily her brain is permanently damaged to the point where she can expect to remain as she is, even after taking the meds that will cure her STD. I was looking for some sort of {wink, wink} on his part, but I suppose he was just stating the likely facts of the matter.

I almost enxpected her kid to have an attack of the vapors, listening to mom relate her carefree days back when.

Paraphasing a cute interchange

Kid: "But I thought you said dad was your first love!"

Mom: "He was, that (after prom romp) was just sex"

My VCR backfired or something this week, and I missed this episode of House (House gets off painkillers). Could someone please recap this episode?
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

A young guy and girl take his dads porche for a spin. He starts coughing up blood which distracts her. They go to hit a truck but slide straight under it and skid to a stop. Unfortunately, they stopped directly in the path of a bus and it slams into them.

House is getting all upset at the drug counter cause they won't have his pills for another hour or so. Cameron approaches him about the kid, who is still having internal bleeding 3 weeks after the accident. House blows her off in his normal sarcastic way. As usual however, he gets interested in spite of himself. They decide it's either Lupus, drugs, infection or cancer.

Cuddy accuses House of being addicted to his pain meds. They make a deal that he will go a week without the drugs in exchange for 4 weeks off of clinic duty.

They run the kid through all the different tests for the various ideas they have. Everything is negative. Then the kids gets a blood clot in the eye which is an opposing process to his bleeding, so they are stumped.

House meanwhile is going through withdrawals and is even nastier to everyone. He ends up hitting his hand and breaking the fingers, just so the body would concentrate on that pain instead.

The kid is getting sicker and his liver is now shutting down. Cameron says it's Lupus, House says it could be Hepatitis E. They argue over this and Cameron feels compelled to tell the kids father that she doesn't agree with House's diagnosis. The kid has a major bleed out and starts hallucinating about Julz. House is the only one who is interested in who Julz is. They keep disregarding House because he's going through withdrawal. A liver transplant is organized.

House finds out Julz was their cat who died a month ago. He gets Foreman and Cameron to dig it up and he does an autopsy on it. He finds what he was looking for and races in to stop the liver transplant op. They aren't going to stop, so he starts coughing and sneezing and spitting to get it stopped.

The father storms up and punches House, but he convinces him that he is right and to give the liver to somebody else.

It turns out it was naphthalene (?spelling) poisoning. That the boys bedroom walls were filled with termites and it was from them. It was there all along, stored in the boys fat cells, but because of the poor hospital food, he was loosing weight and using up his fat stores, which was releasing the poison. The boy recovers and his liver repairs itself.

At the end, House has done his week without meds and he confesses to Wilson that he is an addict. However he says he's not going to do anything about it, because it allows him to do his job and takes away his pain. Wilson walks out and tells Cuddy what House said. Cuddy says to him, "you better hope House never finds out this was your idea." He replies, "he'd never believe it."

Thanks, oz.
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    I completely love this show. I am totally hooked and I watch every week. Are you guys still fans?

I've seen it the past few weeks (thanks to those handy American Idol lead-ins), and it's a pretty good show. But, and I may be wong since I've only seen 3 episodes, seems like the plot is always the same. Some strange patient rushes into the hospital, and no one knows what's wrong with him/her. They try a bunch of different things, House says a bunch of obnoxious things, the other doctors complain and are worried, then the brilliant House figures out what's wrong in the last 7 mins and they save the day. Lol. It's compelling so far, but after a few months it might get old/too predictable for me.

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    Wow last night's show was great. I did not expect House to do what he did. Thought this chairman of the board trying to get rid of house will become sick and house will save him.

I wasn't too surprised that House lied to the transplant commitee, he's a contrary cuss that chafes at rules and protocol. I'd have preferred that he'd held out for a superior answer to the one his patient gave though; "I don't want to die" doesn't sound like as good of a reason to lie for one with the internal problems she apparently has as "I want to live". They both sound pretty much the same, but I don't believe they truly are.

I could have done without the new chairman of the board, and like him was musing about the difficulty in getting rid of people. He tied his cash gift to being named chairman of the board. Fine. He was appointed, sealing the deal. Now that he's going to be a pain in the rump, have the board get together and vote to oust him.

I don't know enough about bulimia to be certain what give away signs the woman was supposedly avoiding (and how) using a mecidinal inducement to purge rather than her finger. Purging three times a week doen't seem to me like it would be enough to damage her throat or whatever it is that suffers from repeatedly induced vomiting.

"Nursing staff" found the purging agent? I'm assuming thats a pseudonym for the foreign blondie in House's group that House apparently trained to well about snooping. I'm thinking the little boasting horn dog probably didn't need lessons in sniching.

I'm curious about House's negative reply to his attractive (and apparently internally fragile) female student/staffer/whatever's question as to whether he "likes her". I know, I know, House doesn't like people in general (supposedly), but I thought that was personal armor more than reality and I figured he'd find a creative way of saying yes, seeing as that was the answer little missy so desparately craved.

+ Reply to Thread