+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110160200201202203204205206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2105
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: House

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: House

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Didn't Amber sing "Enjoy Yourself" during House's hallucination of her after the bus crash?
    Great memory Bug!

CTB sings to House
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I have not been a devoted follower of House, but liked it at times. I did watch the finale. I have some questions if anyone can anwer it would be much appreciated.

What happened to the woman boss that House was in love with who had a baby? I thought they were a couple and then she wasn't there anymore.

What happened to the resident under House who had a disease that was supposed to kill her within 10 years?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What happened to the woman boss that House was in love with who had a baby? I thought they were a couple and then she wasn't there anymore.
    Cuddy. She broke up with him. He plowed his car full speed into the side of her house and landed in jail. She quit her job so she wouldn't have anything further to do with him. Foreman took over her position at the hospital.
    What happened to the resident under House who had a disease that was supposed to kill her within 10 years?
    13. She was in the last episode so still alive at that time. I think it was Huntington's disease. House had agreed to off her when her time was nearer, but guess that can't happen now if he's "dead".

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Cuddy. She broke up with him. He plowed his car full speed into the side of her house and landed in jail. She quit her job so she wouldn't have anything further to do with him. Foreman took over her position at the hospital.13. She was in the last episode so still alive at that time. I think it was Huntington's disease. House had agreed to off her when her time was nearer, but guess that can't happen now if he's "dead".
    Thanks. I didn't notice her. I'm going to rewatch it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Thought it was a great wrapup, though it could've been 1-1/2 hours, I think. Loved the Swan Song and listening to Hugh Laurie's accent.

Wilson & House riding off into the sunset - perfect ending to the show.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Thought it was a great wrapup, though it could've been 1-1/2 hours, I think. Loved the Swan Song and listening to Hugh Laurie's accent. Wilson & House riding off into the sunset - perfect ending to the show.
    I found it rather bothersome that after 8 years of doing House Laurie still has such a solid British accent. Didn't he learn anything from us? LOL

I appreciated the full hour of the Swan Song and I thought it was very cleverly done. It gave me hope that the final episode would wrap up very cleverly as well. I especially liked the fade out with the paint ball scenes, and it sort of mirrored how the final episode ended, with House and Wilson being kids. As someone mentioned, the last 10 minutes of the episode made it worth while. Like House, I'm living the moment and not worrying (yet) about what he faces after Wilson passes.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What I loved in Swan Song was when the director or whoever heard Laurie's try out, said he was relieved that even though Laurie was coming in from some other country he was actually American, so they wouldn't have to worry about him "faking" an American accent! GUess he was that good from the start.
    canadian_angel likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Brits have an advantage when attempting an American accent. From an early age they sing along with American pop tunes, and they do so while mimicking the pronunciations of the singers. So, the inflections of American Standard English are not foreign to them.

When I lived in England my best mate was Cockney. His accent was so thick I often didn't understand what he said. Yet, when he sang, he sang with an impecable American dialect.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

When I was in Germany it was the same type of thing. The accent was so thick when they would speak english, but when they would do karaoke to American songs, it was perfect!
    Yup, with donuts!!

what I find most interesting about hearing him speak in his native accent is the complete tone change in his voice.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread