+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

I really enjoyed it. I'll keep watching.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    A tapeworm in the brain stem??? you are kidding, right? this may be too much for me...talk about paranoia!

Finally got to watch the show last night and I have to say I think the reviews are right, this is a very good show, or at least the pilot was. Much better than that new NBC show Medical Investigations for sure

Quote Originally Posted by sukee
    Wierd, lately I've been freaking myself out over tapeworms.
    Ever since I saw the show I've been thinking about tape worms. Of all the things in life that can get you. Smog,stray bullets,car accidents,being struck by lightining, an Anna Nicole Smith rampage and I'm bugging out over tape worms. Thanks alot Dr House.
    I think the show was a really good first episode too. I'm definately looking forward to watching more.
    Last edited by did_it_again; 11-18-2004 at 02:59 PM.

I finally watched my recording of this, and I also liked it (my germaphobic, OCD mom--not so much). I'm a fan of Hugh Laurie's and it's trip to see him a) play an American, and b) play such an "unlikeable" character. It's a big challenge, I think!

The tapeworm girl--Robin Tunney, is that her name?--she is like the go-to actress for freaky, convulsive chicks.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I like this show too now that I get to see it on a re-run. Does anyone know who that actress is who plays the patient?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I thought it was pretty good too...though I won't be eating pork any time soon. Bleah.

The actress was Robin Tunney, I mostly remember her from the movie "The Craft" and a few others I can't think of right now...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I watched the rerun and it was pretty interesting. Bits of the dialogue were awkward though, like the writers are trying too hard to cast Dr. House and his pretty female colleague as Potential Perpetuators of Angst. "You are damaged, aren't you?" and "He cured you, but you can't cure him" are definite throwaway lines.

The scary medical schtuff was appealing, at least. But it don't beat ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Finally got to watch the show last night and I have to say I think the reviews are right, this is a very good show, or at least the pilot was. Much better than that new NBC show Medical Investigations for sure
    I thought it was pretty much a rip off of the Medical Investigations show, which I happen to like. I'll try & give it another chance tonight (recording it, since I will be watching Amazing race!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I don't watch Medical Investigations, so I can't compare the two, but I do know I'm really enjoying this series. I tape it every week now, while I watch TAR. Last week's was extra freaky. I am haunted by the image of that little baby in the MRI machine, and on the examination table!!!

Reminds me of when I worked as a physical anthro T.A. in college; it was my job to wheel in the bones for lecture. I was always freaked out by the little infant skeleton!!!

I also liked the way they portrayed the lesbian couple just like any other couple--they didn't make a big deal over them being same-sex parents or anything, just showed them as being concerned over their baby's welfare.

Anyway, I hope this series does well enough in ratings for them to renew it. I think it's pretty good. Although, man, I'm going to develop severe germophobia if I watch another one of those segments of icky microbe closeups being passed from person to person. AIIIIEEEE!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread