+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

Re: House

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3712124;
    Instead of posting studies that would probably bore 99% of the boardies I would suggest the first step for anyone truly interested in this is to identify the specific pill that House was shown taking, e.g. was it a SSRI?

Then again, I need to look back through the comments to figure out why this was discussed in the first place. It is a good discussion, though, for individuals dealing with pain and seeking options with their doctors, and more specifically to the show, in determining how this will affect House's chacter in the upcoming season. Ah, I think that I discovered the answer to my question.

Back to the show ~ I agree with everyone that the season opener was extraordinary, and held my interest throughout the two hours. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season will progress with House weaned off the narcotics.
    Oh Blondie, I feel that I am the culprit when I posted
    But, is he still on meds? I don't recall him being weaned off of them. Not sure where that left him, but I hope that when one "graduates" they are off of the drugs.
    I didn't mean to stir up so much thoughtful discussion, but the interesting part is - we may never know. They may choose to ignore that entirely, and move on from his return to case studies and the question would be moot.

I suppose if they want us to see some lingering storyline, they will address it. On the plus side though, I've certainly learned a lot about drugs that I have never had any knowledge or use of before.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Slightly related to the above discussion, early on someone posted that s/he felt that House's cranky personality was part of what made him a great doctor, so s/he worried he would become less so if he was happier (and also that show would be less interesting of course). I know that fear of losing his edge was part of what kept House from taking SSRI's (or whatever anti depressant he is on), but logically why would being happy make him less of a diagnostician? Because he'd be thinking about happy things instead of mullling on the case? But he was often distracted by other things...e.g,. 13's health/relationships... without it affecting his ability to diagnose....

If he's happier it certainly is going to startle his team!

ETA..."s/he" above was ilovefootball25, and a she... went back a few pages to find....
    Last edited by PWS; 09-27-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3712291;
    Slightly related to the above discussion, early on someone posted that s/he felt that House's cranky personality was part of what made him a great doctor, so s/he worried he would become less so if he was happier (and also that show would be less interesting of course). I know that fear of losing his edge was part of what kept House from taking SSRI's (or whatever anti depressant he is on), but logically why would being happy make him less of a diagnostician? Because he'd be thinking about happy things instead of mullling on the case? But he was often distracted by other things...e.g,. 13's health/relationships... without it affecting his ability to diagnose....

If he's happier it certainly is going to startle his team!
    I know, I didn't get that episode(s) when he was pain free at start of last season, nor did I understand his refusal to take the drug Cuddy was going to give him to help with the pain so that he could get off vicodin. House did think he lost his ability to successfully diagnose when he was without pain, but I never understood why. Yes, he gets engrossed in diagnosing to block out the pain, but I figure no human will be 100% right every time; with or without pain. He messed up, didn't get it right, no one is perfect.

Your not alone in wondering...... if anyone has a good explanation, I would enjoy hearing it; because I think he overreacted, and misdirected what was to blame for his screw ups.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

PWS
    FORT Fogey

at House watching The Biggest Loser...recognized the show in the background even before he said it was a TBL marathon....one of the really chubby guys from recent times, and then Jillian lecturing us. See, this thread really does belong on FORT--there are links!

OK, so was this all a ploy to get rid of 13 and "big nose" without firing them?

When House and Wilson had that discussion about burning meatballs and vinegar, which was based on diabetes sugar test inaccuracy and acidosis, since they'd dismissed diabetes as a cause early on due to his test score I thought that was going to be the solution. They got me.... just a cooking (and diabetes) hint.

This episode could have been called "House Wife".....

I'm glad House will be back at the hospital, but sad that it will probably mean 13 isn't really fired.

I wish Obama had hired her instead of Kutner.

I missed last week's episode, but loved this week's! House cooking and making the most scrumptious dishes (the egg yolk one he fed 13!!) based on medical knowledge had me cracking up. Using dog urine to mess with his friend - score! Pissing into a handmade mug in front of the other two - priceless! Figuring out that diagnostics is what will work for him... well, that kind of had to be the solution or where would the show have gone? So are we going to have a new team now?
    Count your blessings!

House supposedly returns with his old team back in place - not sure how long that will stay together, since Jennifer Morrison is leaving - we'll see.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

So glad we will be seeing more of Andre Braugher as Dr. Nolan. Really like his character and how he and House interact.

Really tired of 13, but it sounds like she will be around for a bit. However, I do like Taub and want him to stay.

So is Taub really gone or will he be back now that House is back, has anyone heard?

Has Forman always been this annoying? Or is 13 rubbing off on him? I cannot remember if I always disliked him that much.

I really love when House is expressing a "softer" side.

+ Reply to Thread