+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: House

Re: House

Well, color me surprised, I thought it was a Beatles song!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3459625;
    "As Tears Go By"
    Thank you. I didn't realize that was The Rolling Stones. It sounds like nothing I'm used to hearing from them.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3460339;
    Thank you. I didn't realize that was The Rolling Stones. It sounds like nothing I'm used to hearing from them.
    It's some of their very, very early stuff from the very early 60's before they got all hard rock.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm kind of late to the party in terms of discussing the song, but "As Tears Go By" was originally recorded by Marianne Faithfull in 1964. (Since I'm old enough to remember her recording, she's the one I always think of as singing it.)

Apparently, it's the first song that Jagger and Richards ever wrote together, but they let her record it, because ballads weren't really their style. The song became so popular that they recorded their own version a year later.

I found the choice of that song particularly poignant, because Faithfull herself has had major problems with drug addiction that have made her life pretty difficult.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Can I just say how absolutely YUMMY Chase looked? Finally he combed and washed his hair and shaved that scruff! He looked like the Chase I fell in love with from the first couple of seasons again.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3466900;
    Can I just say how absolutely YUMMY Chase looked? Finally he combed and washed his hair and shaved that scruff! He looked like the Chase I fell in love with from the first couple of seasons again.
    I know, all I could think about this season was that if he were MY doctor, I'd have to say how nasty he looked and to please take a bath, wash his hair and shave before he operated on me. But of course, none of the doctor's in this show dress or look remotely like real doctors. I've yet to see a female doctor do rounds in the hospital in very, very high heel shoes like 13 and Cuddy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Nevermind the skirts that Cuddy wears!!! Her butt is screaming for help in there!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Wow, Fox is airing promos for next season already.

Not really. They're just telling you to catch up with repeats all summer. Which I tend to not do unless there's an episode that I missed.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I miss House and really look forward to the new season. Here is some spoiler scoop from Ausiello after interviewing showman David Shore:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The new season picks up a couple months later. House no longer has his medical license to practice (for a while at least), Foreman will step in to fill House's place which will cause some tension between him and 13. Cameron and Chase will be back more actively in their former roles. "They are both thrown back into their old jobs,” Morrison told us at last night’s Teen Choice Awards. “It’s been great actually. I have been working a lot and there are things that happen to House very early in the season that have a domino effect on all of the other characters.” “They’re taking things up a notch [this season],” Morrison continues. “I think the audience will be able to enjoy seeing new things from all of us.”
    Also, Cuddy/House romance will take a few steps back, at first at least. Since Wilson made it clear in the finale that to House, a relationship with Cuddy was part of his "reality" during the delusion, and that relationship will need to be explored again, resolved - just not in this first part of the season.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread