+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: House

Sorry to double post but I just found out. House takes place in NJ. Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital is in fact a fictitious hospital but for the arial shots of the outside of the hospital, you are actually looking at one of the halls for Princeton University. Very cool.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Anyone watch last night? I fell asleep right after they determined that the mother might be taking cocaine. Thanks if anyone can fill me in!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    Anyone watch last night? I fell asleep right after they determined that the mother might be taking cocaine. Thanks if anyone can fill me in!
    she was taking ritalin

also she was taking birth control pills

she was afraid to tell her husband that she did not want a child, but didn't want to hurt him (ergo taking birth control while getting fertility treatments)

that mixture of drugs was doing a number on her body (destroying her liver, benign tumors, and them involuntary movements)

cameron is negative (hiv)

house got lady to agree to leave husband, and then dumped her

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    she was taking ritalin

also she was taking birth control pills

she was afraid to tell her husband that she did not want a child, but didn't want to hurt him (ergo taking birth control while getting fertility treatments)

that mixture of drugs was doing a number on her body (destroying her liver, benign tumors, and them involuntary movements)

cameron is negative (hiv)

house got lady to agree to leave husband, and then dumped her
    Thanks, Dogg! ( Gee I felt like Randy Jackson for a second)
    I can't believe that House has a conscience?
    I probably would have left my hubby for House, too

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I can't believe that House has a conscience?
    He has at least a baby one, how far it extends is something I'd be unwilling to bet the farm on. Were it not for hubby reaching out in desparation to House, of all people, I figure his marriage would have been a thing of the past.

He chased House down after House repeatedly tried to blow him off, ultimately getting out of his wheelchair with the pathetically heroic attempt at chasing House up the stairs. It was what House saw at THAT moment, I am sure, which caused him to do some serious reflection on his past relationship and projecting what it would be like if she left her husband for him.

My favorite on screen Dr. dope fiend was cute when he entered his doc buddy's office through the terrace window, found him rolling joints for a patient, and palmed one when he started to leave. Not quick enough to do it undetected though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    He has at least a baby one, how far it extends is something I'd be unwilling to bet the farm on. Were it not for hubby reaching out in desparation to House, of all people, I figure his marriage would have been a thing of the past.

He chased House down after House repeatedly tried to blow him off, ultimately getting out of his wheelchair with the pathetically heroic attempt at chasing House up the stairs. It was what House saw at THAT moment, I am sure, which caused him to do some serious reflection on his past relationship and projecting what it would be like if she left her husband for him.

My favorite on screen Dr. dope fiend was cute when he entered his doc buddy's office through the terrace window, found him rolling joints for a patient, and palmed one when he started to leave. Not quick enough to do it undetected though.
    I missed that. Anyone recognize Hugh Laurie from "The Man In The Iron Mask"? He plays one of the King's assistants. My husband recognized him right away. I never would've known.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Anyone watch House last night?

I fell asleep and missed the last 15 mins.
    I saw right up until House woke the boy up to ask him if anything happened right before the accident.

Hope someone can fill in the rest. please, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Eventually they figured out the boy was having seizures because of rare side effect response to the anti-depressants in his anti-smoking meds. He had the crash because he was having a seizure (if you recall his hands were kind of clutching the throttle things on the handlebars and he wasn't answering his dad--wetting himself was a seizure symptom). It took a long time to figure it out because his parents didn't know he was taking the anti-smoking meds because they didn't know he smoked. He "shared everything" with his parents including when he first had sex, but not the smoking because he knew they would freak. So the parents convinced House the kid wasn't depressed and wasn't taking anti-depressants, but then House went to wake him up a 2nd time and saw a cig. burn on his wrist and nicotine stains on his fingers.
    Also House got his old rival from med school in trouble with the pharm company sponsoring his research by taking the rival's anti-migraine meds and then a drug that should give him a migraine. He got a migraine and emailed that to the company. (Earlier he'd been trying the same thing on the coma patient, but the rival said that wasn't valid because coma patients' brains decay.) Then he took LSD to counter the migraine so he could think about the boy's case, and then anti-depressants to counter the hallucinatory effects of the LSD. He certainly has a lot of drugs lying around the office! Other people were telling him things like, he didn't really want to test the migraine drug, he just wanted to cause himself pain because he felt bad over driving off the woman he loved.

Thanks PWS. Appreciate the info.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Thanks PWS. Appreciate the info.
    You're welcome. I'm not a regular viewer so I'm sure I missed some nuances that others can fill in.

+ Reply to Thread