+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: House

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3143127;
    I just wish it was for longer.
    So do I, but, the story they wrote for her to go out on was fantastic. And, she performed brilliantly in it. I hope I see more of this actress somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3143166;
    So do I, but, the story they wrote for her to go out on was fantastic. And, she performed brilliantly in it. I hope I see more of this actress somewhere else.
    Go rent White Chicks.. she was one of the sisters that the Wayans brothers were pretending to be. Definitely a very different role than what she played on House.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I realized from the descriptions I hadn't watched the season finale. It doesn't seem to be available for view, but I did find a good recap.

I'm going to truly miss Amber, I believe the show took a rather substantial hit with her departure in tradeoff for a fantastic episode, but that'll heal with time.

I believe it is going to be House, not Wilson who will feel her loss most deeply, and because of what he lost personally from her presence in his life, not from the guilt. It doesn't make sense to me that Amber's death will lead to any long lasting estrangement between Wilson and House, the utter need for that friendship to live is two-sided, it exists in Wilson as much as with House.

I believe that Cuddy loves House while not being IN love with him, I don't believe the love she has for him is sexual but resides in the mind. House seems to be in lust with her more than loving her, but his world would nonetheless be rocked more than dramatically were she, for example to die; her or Wilson. I expect that she and House are going to get together sexually at some point, but also expect that it'll turn out to be a dream, at least initially to test the air for possible fallout from a hookup between the two in reality. As Veruka stated, hooking the two up,even temporarily could entail unpleasant prospective consequences for the series. There's no reason to commit to that route unnecessarily, and it isn't at this point. Their existing (at least one-sided) sexual tension is decicious enough for the time being.

FORT Fanatic

Anne Dudek (Amber) can now be seen on Mad Men. She's also pregnant with her first child. She probably asked to be written out of House to do Mad Men. It wasn't like she was fired. Next season will be interesting. I wish it would start already.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3143127;
    Me too, Uncle David. She was better than the chosen three interns combined. I'm glad they brought her back for a bit (after she was let go from House's team), I just wish it was for longer.
    Me three! She was the best of the 3 new interns for me as well. I can't believe they didn't kill off 13 instead - isn't it universal that people don't like her character (actress is great, especially since I dislike the character so much).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

Noone would care if they killed off 13, Mike'sgirl. It wouldn't pack the emotional resonance that Amber's death had. Mind you, I still wish they'd get rid of her.

Spoiler stuff from Entertainment Weekly:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Q: Will House continue to neglect Chase and Cameron this season? Jacob
    A: Not according to exec producer Katie Jacobs, who says an episode that just wrapped deals almost entirely with the presumably-still-in-love MDs. ''We want to tell the Chase and Cameron story,'' she says. ''It's been so long overdue.'' Something else that's been a long time coming: A House-Cuddy hookup. Jacobs hints that they'll ''probably get a little closer'' this season, adding, ''It's season 5.... It's [going to] be hard for them to stay away'' much longer. Yep, they're going there. Oh, don't make me explain myself again.

The Ausiello Files for August 1, 2008 | Rosie O'Donnell | The Ausiello Files | TV | Entertainment Weekly
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Ahem!

It's not quite universal. I'd miss 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3153773;
    Ahem!

It's not quite universal. I'd miss 13.
    There you go CCL - they could have killed off 13 and for sure Uncle David would have experienced all the necessary emotional resonance.

Now there is no way for me to still enjoy Amber, unless she comes back to haunt House in his dreams........

Thanks for the spoiler info CCL - I am looking forward to the new season, especially the return to it's regular time slot on Tuesdays!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The spoiler info sounds great!! I am so looking forward to this season as well!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread