+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: House

Re: House

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3009845;
    I wish they would get rid of 13. But even if she did leave House's team (I don't think she would die of Huntington's now, for reasons the others have mentioned) I don't think that would signal the end of the show. She's not that important.
    Reasons I'm unhappy that Amber was killed off:
    1) I like Amber (refusing to use the past tense).
    2) I much prefer her to House's new team, particularly 13. Taub is okay and I can handle Kutner but mostly because I like Kal Penn, the actor who plays him - his character is a bit of a cipher and I don't think he adds anything to the show. If I couldn't have Amber on House's team, I still liked having her around in some other capacity.
    3) It was nice to have Wilson happy for once, particularly after all his failed marriages.
    4) I liked the prickly relationship Amber and House had (fighting over access to House etc).
    5) Even though her death was clearly an accident (and they took great pains to show that there was nothing House could have done to save her), it still will irrevocably change the House-Wilson relationship. House will blame himself and Wilson will blame him, too. I don't want endless awkward scenes between the two, or Wilson avoiding House.

I'm still hoping it's some sort of hallucination/dream sequence.
    I agree completely, and I am still feeling the effects of them killing off Amber. I really enjoyed her, the growing of a relationship with Wilson and the sparring with House.

I also have always enjoyed the relationship between Wilson & House; it was steadfast, Wilson being the giver most of the time but now with Amber gone it will be changed. I don't know if I want to go there.

I am starting to hope there is no Fall season, and after I get these great shows out of my system and I can devote more time to reading.

FORT Fanatic

First I have to say how much I loved the episode last night. I think it was brave of the writers to kill off Amber...no one dies on House. This time they didn't take the easy way out and it made for great drama. Second, I really hope we get a full season next fall. The writer's strike made it tough to get into the show. Third, I can't wait for next season. Amber's death will (and should) have come repurcussions on the House/Wilson relationship. Also, I wish they'd bring back the original team. I miss Cameron, Chase and Foreman working with House. Move 13, Kutner and Taub to another part of the hospital.

This might sound cold (it's not meant to), but it was refreshing to see an episode that didn't have a last-minute miracle cure. That, yes Virginia, there is such a thing as a hopeless condition and people do indeed die. I loved "dream Amber"'s comment/Rolling Stones' quote to House: "You can't always get what you want."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3012816;
    I loved "dream Amber"'s comment/Rolling Stones' quote to House: "You can't always get what you want."
    That quote was also in the pilot episode:

Dr. Lisa Cuddy: Your reputation won't last if you don't do your job; the clinic is part of your job. I want you to do your job.
    Dr. Gregory House: But as the philosopher Jagger once said "You can't always get what you want."

And later in the show:

Dr. Lisa Cuddy: Oh, I looked into that philosopher you quoted, Jagger, and you're right, "You can't always get what you want," but as it turns out "if you try sometimes you get what you need."

I agree that it is somewhat implausible that House always finds the cure and noone ever dies (well, some people have died but more often than not they survive). But why did Amber have to be the one whose cure could not be found?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3009014;
    Okay. I now sort of know what Huntington's is. If 13 has this, then it looks like they're setting up her demise as well. There's no cure and according to the site I checked, it's almost always fatal. Are the writers planning on ending the show soon or something? It seems like they're setting us up for a definite end to the series.
    Huntington's most commonly starts to set in in the 40's--so more middle age. She is clearly not at that age yet. Less commonly, it can be earlier onset, but if that were the case, she could already be showing symptoms. So I don't think the Huntington's means 13 is going away anytime soon. It just means that she now knows what will happen to her in the future.

FORT Regular

I found it very sad. The episode touched me.

I wanted to just hug the world when it was over.

Bravo.
    In honour of the greatest fighter to ever come out of Novojoa Mexico... Luis Ramon "Yori Boy" Campas, former junior middleweight champion of the world.

FORT Fogey

man!! i have not seen one episode this season of house.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3012816;
    This might sound cold (it's not meant to), but it was refreshing to see an episode that didn't have a last-minute miracle cure. That, yes Virginia, there is such a thing as a hopeless condition and people do indeed die. I loved "dream Amber"'s comment/Rolling Stones' quote to House: "You can't always get what you want."
    I use that quote ALL the time. In fact, that is probably my favorite song. My child HATES to hear it when I tell her she can't always get what she wants. So I've loved everytime they use it on House.

He's had some sad deaths. One I recall was a young mother. It doesn't happen often, but he doesn't ALWAYS save everyone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I watched an episode of House when it first aired (& tried again), didnt like it - something about him. Anyways, I was at someone house and they turned on the show, I didn't want to be rude so I watched it. After that episode I will try tuning in next season.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by workn2hard2day;3029148;
    I watched an episode of House when it first aired (& tried again), didnt like it - something about him. Anyways, I was at someone house and they turned on the show, I didn't want to be rude so I watched it. After that episode I will try tuning in next season.
    I love House. I wish he was MY doctor.

I thought it was touching how Cuddy was curled up in the chair next to his bed holding his hand. Think there will be romance between them next season?
    Or is she actually a friend and not just his boss? Maybe a closer bond in friendship with Cuddy as House and Wilson struggle with their friendship after Ambers death???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread