+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: James Marsters (Spike on Buffy and Angel) Fans

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    OH MY GOSH!!!! I can NOT tell you how thrilled that would make me. I'll have to go back to my Spike avatar in hopes of sending positive vibes.

We'll have to inundate WB with "pretty please" messages.
    You crack me up.

Hey, next to selling my first born, I'd do almost anything to get James Marsters, as Spike, back on tv!

Although the way weathergirl's been acting, I might be tempted to sell her regardless of whether Spike's resurrected or not. She's whining that 'we're the poorest family I know!" because I won't give her $10 to go see her boyfriends Band concert. $10 for a high school band concert!

As much as I love the character of Spike, Marsters is wise in saying he won't play the role if it doesn't happen pronto. He is starting to show his age, and vampires are, well, immortal--they can't start looking, erm, "long in the tooth," so to speak. Unless they script that he got a soul and started to age or something...I don't know.

But realistically, as a fan of James Marsters I would like to support his getting cast into quality non-Spike roles, because it's sad when an actor is so good at one character that he gets imprisoned in it. Think: Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates--fine actor, that role killed the rest of his career. Ideally, he'd be more like the other Anthony--Hopkins, that is, who could have been typecast as Hannibal Lecter his whole life, but numerous other fine roles have prevented that from happening.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    "long in the tooth,"
    That.......cracked me up!!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Spike Movie Info

Question: Are we getting any closer to a Spike movie? Heather

Ausiello: Based on my conversations with both Whedon and WB entertainment president David Janollari last Thursday, it certainly sounds like we are. When I asked Janollari if he had given any further thought to the Spike telepic I pitched him at press tour in January, he said, "I have given it more thought since you brought it up. It's certainly something that I continue to get many fan letters and e-mails about, and it's something that we discuss a lot around here. But no decision has been made." Well, literally 15 minutes after I hung up with Janollari, Whedon called to weigh in on a William the Bloody revival. "I'm really for it, but I have never really spoken to David Janollari," he said. "I occasionally would bring it up with [execs at 20th Century] Fox, and they'd be like, 'Yeah, that would be cool.' And I'm like, 'Who do we need to talk to?' And then nothing has really happened. I've been really busy in post [-production] on Serenity and haven't been able to get the wheels turning, but I definitely intend to investigate it." When I relayed to him that Janollari had just told me that he was open to the idea, Whedon responded, "Well, that's something that I hope to get a chance to pursue." And what about his Wonder Woman commitment? Wouldn't that further delay things? "[Spike] is not necessarily something that I would write and direct myself," he suggested. "I have a lot of brilliant friends who worked with me for many years who might be able to take the helm somebody who both James [Marsters] and I would trust." Whedon also revealed that the Spike pic would not be a prequel, thereby alleviating the age-related concerns Marsters recently expressed in Ask Ausiello. "For me, Spike is a very contemporary guy," he said. "It's sort of what distinguished him from Angel." So let me get this straight: Not only did I pitch this movie to Janollari, but I secured the participation of its star and creator. If that's not enough to land me a producing credit, then something's wrong with the system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345