+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James Marsters (Spike on Buffy and Angel) Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Emmared
    I tried to watch the show when it first appeared, along with my 15 yr old daughter who is a fellow Spike/James/Buffy fanatic (cause we both liked Oliver Hudson on Dawson's). But we found the buzz that the show was, er, mediorcre shall we say true, and we were bored.

We did however of course make sure to watch the Marsters episode. We still didn't like the show (even JM couldn't redeem) but as usual, he was superb, and we will watch it again if and when he returns--any James is better than no James. Shows with flagging ratings take note: Marsters is a DRAW.

I do wish, though, someone would cast him in a part where he doesn't play a screw-up/loser, however charming and well-intentioned. They took him in that direction on Angel S5, as some of us BTVS/Spike fans feared. And Spike really deserved more than that, and grew into more--and James, the serious actor and person (as well as comically gifted, sure) does too!!

(Hi Emma!)

My daughter and I also fast-forwarded through any scene that James wasn't in. The show really was rather mediocre. And your quote about seeing him play a character who isn't a screw-up/loser would be great. He's certainly got the acting chops to do it. Hopefully he won't be buttonholed into this one character type. Vampire or otherwise, screw-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags
    So thankful to find an active Buffy Thread... with people on it who likely AREN'T 12 years old!!!!!

I so miss Spike - in any form - and the entire show. I've never heard of The Mountain - but now will start looking for it in case I can catch James in a rerun...!

Found some very riske Buffy-Spike Fanfic the other day while absently web surfing. Whoa! That could never have been shown on TV! But, it was well written, riske' Buffy-rotica! Made the "Smashed" episode look pretty tame..............

Amen (and you're preaching to the choir here!). Someone on this board told me they're the owner or moderator of a very risque Buffy/Spike fan fic. Maybe it was her site that you stumbled upon?

Chris

James Marsters - ’The Pierre Heist’ Tv Movie - Press Release

The only reason I know about this is I glimpsed James on the commercial on Sci Fi last night--looking super cute! It was literally a glimpse, but from what I could tell, his hair is very short, but looks like its his natural color--and he was, of course, as hubba hubba as ever!

HEIST (A.K.A. THE PIERRE JEWEL HEIST) (USA) - The James Marsters-led ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel") telefilm has been slated to air Friday, March 18 at 9:00/8:00c. Here’s how USA’s press materials describe the project: "A thief from the age of six, Bobby Comfort bounced in and out of prison for years. When he turns twenty-two, Bobby finally settles down and starts a family, determined to lead a calmer life. Bobby, however, soon is lured back into the only profession he knows, agreeing to help a friend rob a string of high-end New York City hotels. When their forays prove extremely lucrative, Comfort once again embraces his talent for crime. While his unsuspecting family believes he is traveling for business, Bobby and his partner are having the time of their lives conning wealthy socialites, culminating in the largest jewel heist in American history."

http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=8213
    Now, I could never remember to watch the Mountain, so I hope I can remember to watch this! I don't know much else about it, but I'd tune into anything to see James again.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Now, I could never remember to watch the Mountain, so I hope I can remember to watch this!
    One word, Snowy: TiVo.

I have a friend in Australia that absolutely loves James Marsters. She even has a CD from his (now former, I think) band Ghost of the Robot. To me he's just okay, but he was great in Once More With Feeling (that was just a great episode overall).

I had no idea he was going to be on a movie! We will definitely be DVRing that. I loved "Once More With Feeling" too (my fav. episode of all time).

Spike may be my favorite TV character of all time. (I also loved the character Spike from Cowboy Bebop, go figure.)

It hurt a lot to see him go. Then they put him on Angel, only to end that show prematurely. (Not as quick as Firefly, however. Joss, where are ye now?)

I'm not sure I'm up for seeing this actor in another context, as I would feel about an ex-lover. I guess I'm brand-loyal.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    Spike may be my favorite TV character of all time. (I also loved the character Spike from Cowboy Bebop, go figure.)
    I think if they ever made a real life movie of bebop that he'd make a good spike.

Jessica beil or Alyssa Milano for faye

John Ashton (Taggert from bev. hills cop, the older partner) for Jet Black

Okay, I'm a bit confused. According to James Marsters' official site:

The Heist is now called Cool Money. It airs Friday, March 18th on the USA cable channel.
    Then it was updated to say:

“Cool Money” (aka “The Pierre Heist”) starring James Marsters has been rescheduled to Saturday, March 19 from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm on the USA network.
    Okey dokey. I checked the USA site and it's not exactly getting a ton of promo, which I'm not sure bodes too well for this movie, but I'll give it a chance anyway. Let's see if this date sticks on the schedule.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I haven't even seen it advertised, and I watch a lot of USA Network (well, when Monk is on...). But, I'll be DVRing it. I have trouble with James in any role other then Spike, too, but maybe i can pretend that Spike is in a show, acting like someone else? When he goes back home to Buffy, he'll be Spike again.

Is anyone going to watch this "Cool Money," or the "Pierre Heist," or whatever it's called tonight, tomorrow, or whenever it's on?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast