+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James Marsters (Spike on Buffy and Angel) Fans

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    You said it, sister! I was watching "Once More With Feeling" last night and was reminded how unique he is.
    You know, I finally saw that whole episode a few weeks ago and I have to say.......I was quite upset with Spike's song. I mean, here's a boy who can obviously sing, he was in a band for goodness sake, yet his song on Buffy.....not exactly good. I don't know if it was the beat, the lyrics, or what, but it just sucked for me. And you KNOW I adore Spike!!

Quote Originally Posted by PPerez
    You know, I finally saw that whole episode a few weeks ago and I have to say.......I was quite upset with Spike's song. I mean, here's a boy who can obviously sing, he was in a band for goodness sake, yet his song on Buffy.....not exactly good. I don't know if it was the beat, the lyrics, or what, but it just sucked for me. And you KNOW I adore Spike!!

I liked parts of his song....the parts that screamed "Billy Idol!!" But I know what you're saying...I kept expecting something more when he sung. It was probably a combination of lyrics and song...although I still love it when he sings (something like) "I'm free if that bitch dies...I better help her out.'" It definitely captured their relationship!

I've sent you a private message with a link to the lyrics of all the songs from "Once More With Feeling." You can sing along in your head! I sure did.

I'm just so excited to see James on another show...even if only for one time (maybe the ratings will bump up enough with all of us James Marsters fans that he'll be asked back!). I still want him on Charmed...as Spike.

Chris

I liked parts of his song....the parts that screamed "Billy Idol!!" But I know what you're saying...I kept expecting something more when he sung. It was probably a combination of lyrics and song...although I still love it when he sings (something like) "I'm free if that bitch dies...I better help her out.'" It definitely captured their relationship!

I've sent you a private message with a link to the lyrics of all the songs from "Once More With Feeling." You can sing along in your head! I sure did.

I'm just so excited to see James on another show...even if only for one time (maybe the ratings will bump up enough with all of us James Marsters fans that he'll be asked back!). I still want him on Charmed...as Spike.

Chris
    Yeah, and I replied back. Evil woman!! lol Some of those songs were really horrible. I think about the only good singers on this episode were Tara and Giles. Did he sing?? Oh and Xander and Anya's song "I'll Never Tell" was pretty funny.

I kind of wonder what James actually sounds like singing. I've never heard any of his songs with GOTR. It would be nice to hear just a little bit of one of their songs.

Oh, spoke too soon. I just came across GOTR online and they have a song playing on the first page. Hmm, well, not exactly my kind of music. But hey, he's still a fine man.

The James Marsters episode of "The Mountain" is definitely airing this Sunday, 9PM, WB network (right after Charmed!). It's already on my on-line tv guide screen. Yea, he's (almost) back!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    If they don't give it more PR it's not going to help the ratings....
    I watched a couple of early episodes of the Mtn.... brief background for those who never have... The Mtn is a ski resort basically, owned by the "good" family--the patriarch just died and left it not to the "good" grandson who'd been working at it, but to the lost sheep one who'd been out doing motorcycle stunts or something. The idea being to bring the famiy back together I think. The fiancee of the good son used to be the bad son's girlfriend so that's a triangle. They broke up because the bad son felt responsible for her brother's death i think--some kind of stunt daring thing... There is also a teenage sisiter and the mom of the 2 sons around. The "bad" family trying to take over the mtn. has a daughter who was becoming involved with the bad son when I last watched...in theory to be a mole but supposedly she was getting really interested. There's also a teenage son who had some interest in the good family's teen girl (who also had a hanger on wannabe boyfriend who was less wild). And there's a bad family patriarch and a German guy who works for him who used to work for the good family. I haven't watched in a few episodes. It was just ok and was moved around the schedule and conflicted with other stuff. However "Spike" should liven it up, depending on the type of charactor he plays.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    You said it, sister! I was watching "Once More With Feeling" last night and was reminded how unique he is. Not conventionally handsome (like Angel) but, for those of us Spike fans, so incredibly sexy. Something about him...maybe it's the bad boy image? I can't wait to see him in something else...acting as someone else (although I'll keep expecting the Spike sneers). And in his real voice..no fake English accent. Can't wait.
    But you have seen him acting as someone else in a way---when he played "Spike" as he was before he became a vampire... sort of a wimpy loser, remember? And of course not nearly as sexy as when he was being Spike!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    But you have seen him acting as someone else in a way---when he played "Spike" as he was before he became a vampire... sort of a wimpy loser, remember? And of course not nearly as sexy as when he was being Spike!

Oh my gosh, you're right! He could become that poetry spouting Mama's boy again! William the bloody (bad poet) right? I just assumed he'd have some kind of Spike sneer throughout this life. LOL. And no British accent either. This should be interesting!

So thankful to find an active Buffy Thread... with people on it who likely AREN'T 12 years old!!!!!

I so miss Spike - in any form - and the entire show. I've never heard of The Mountain - but now will start looking for it in case I can catch James in a rerun...!

Found some very riske Buffy-Spike Fanfic the other day while absently web surfing. Whoa! That could never have been shown on TV! But, it was well written, riske' Buffy-rotica! Made the "Smashed" episode look pretty tame..............
    ...My life happens to, on occasion, suck beyond the telling of it. Sometimes more than I can handle. And it's not just mine. Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they're too busy with their own... :phhht
    --BtVS; Season 3, Ep. 52

I can't believe I missed the episode of The Mountain. I just totally forgot...I mean, I'd never even heard of the show, so it just didn't stick in my mind.

Anyway, for you James Marsters fans who are curious to see him out of "Spike" character, have any of you caught the movie Chance, a little low-budge indie that the lovely Amber Benson (remember her as Tara?) made with James? I don't think it's in wide release, I actually bought it through her website as a gift for my bro (who is the most rabid Buffy fan I know). It's pretty neat, although I think only hardcore fans will enjoy it.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    I agree, thank God for Buffy re-runs! Reminds me how out-right sexy he is!
    I tried to watch the show when it first appeared, along with my 15 yr old daughter who is a fellow Spike/James/Buffy fanatic (cause we both liked Oliver Hudson on Dawson's). But we found the buzz that the show was, er, mediorcre shall we say true, and we were bored.

We did however of course make sure to watch the Marsters episode. We still didn't like the show (even JM couldn't redeem) but as usual, he was superb, and we will watch it again if and when he returns--any James is better than no James. Shows with flagging ratings take note: Marsters is a DRAW.

I do wish, though, someone would cast him in a part where he doesn't play a screw-up/loser, however charming and well-intentioned. They took him in that direction on Angel S5, as some of us BTVS/Spike fans feared. And Spike really deserved more than that, and grew into more--and James, the serious actor and person (as well as comically gifted, sure) does too!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast