+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

For some reason these characters are more interesting than the Practice ones. It's a little Ally McBeal and the Practice mixed with better humor and Character development. It's not off the wall but also not bland. This could be David E Kelly's best since Picket Fences.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

This show is brilliantly funny! I laughed so many times last night - Alan in the Santa costume, his elf, Brad in the elf costume, Alan sitting on "Santa's" lap, homosexual as three words, Brad's complaining about Alan the competition, etc. Loved it.

The serious part though was pretty scary - when that woman shot and killed her ex due to her fear that he was going to kill her. What a horrible awkward situation to be in - for counselor, lawyer, husband, and wife. Very bizarre. I wonder what will come of this for the blonde lawyer (sorry - forgot her name). Oh, and I figured she had a thing for Alan but never wanted to admit it.

I was hoping there would be more between Alan and Tara than just chats in the hall lately, but at least the preview for next weeks epi looks like it will bring the subject up. Alan cracked me up, this was definitely the funniest epi yet. A lot of people have been complaining about Lori, the blonde lawyer, so I'm wondering if this latest case will lead to disbarment and her possibly leaving the show. I want her to go but I doubt she will. I'll be pist if they stop the Tara/Alan thing and start up a Lori/Alan thing though! I can't wait for the next epi!
    Irelandy

LG.
    disbarrment? doubtful. Old guy lawyer would have never had that husband in the office as his client in a potential lawsuit against the psychotherapist if the psychotherapist was already a client of the firm as that itself would have been a conflict, and old guy lawyer would know to check for conflicts :rolleyes

this show is entertaining, but shouldn't be confused for anything related to the practice of law. Young blonde guy lawyer asking the clerk to get a tough judge assigned to the case that Alan (a fellow lawyer representing a client of HIS OWN FIRM) thereby hurting the chances of his firm's own client - more likely to get someone disbarred than pretending to be a psychotherapist, but still SILLY, SILLY stuff that would never happen. Or only once
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I watched last night for the first time since the original episode. Does Al Sharpton appear every week, or is a regular hanging out with Denny Crane? No knock to Rev. Sharpton, but he's got his own show now. Even if this is only the 2nd time for him to appear, that trick is getting old.

I like the Keen Eddie guy, but he didn't have too much to do last night.

This is only the second show that Rev. Sharpton was on.

And Brad (Keen Eddie guy) rarely makes an appearance, and when he does it is just bit parts. Not sure why.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    this show is entertaining, but shouldn't be confused for anything related to the practice of law.
    You can't be serious. I was going to get a lawyer, but watching this show made me choose to defend myself in my own murder trial.

Of course you can't take this show seriously, it's A. on TV and B. it's a comedic drama. If you really want legal proceedings, turn to CourtTV. Although slightly less humorous, they are quite fun to watch when you WANT TO DIE.

According to TV Guide, Candice Bergen is joining the cast of Boston Legal as the firm's third name partner. To make salary room for her, they will be dropping Lake Bell (Sally).

Wow. Well, I didn't like Sally's character anyway.
    Irelandy

Hmmm... a possible Candice Bergen/William Shatner pairing in the future? (Not permanently, of course, just a fling). Actually, it will be nice to see an older, more polished female on the show. The current gals are all so young and not yet established - a little seasoning on the feminine side will spice it up a bit, I think.

+ Reply to Thread