+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

This is as good as The Practice was when it first started. James Spader is such a Bastard and damn good at it. He always knows what to do and what to say. But when he doesn't you know it also. I love Tara, she won't play his game or she might just play it better than Alan.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    I don't see Alan Shore leaving... cause he is the show. But I like knowing that the lawyer who hacked Alan off has made it to the top of Alan's sh*t list. Good thing will come from that.
    I think the reason Paul Lewis (the partner who butted heads with Alan and to whom Alan gave his two weeks' notice) didn't want Alan bringing that Judge Lou up in front of the Disciplinary Board is because I think they (Paul and the Judge) might be (or might have once been) involved in a romantic relationship.

I recall several weeks ago, when this show was brand-new, someone made a reference to Paul Lewis being gay.

I think that part of the story will unfold over time (not that there's anything wrong with that ).

I *heart* Alan and Tara together. The past two episodes have been great for their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i just love james spader - extra weight and all. he's just awesome.
    ITA! Every time I think of him saying "And I'm such a sl*t for authority." I just

I stopped watching The Practice years ago - it just got stale - so I didn't think I'd like this show. After the first episode I was hooked! Now if they'd just get rid of Sally (what exactly does she add?), I think the cast would be perfect.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I stopped watching The Practice years ago - it just got stale - so I didn't think I'd like this show. After the first episode I was hooked! Now if they'd just get rid of Sally (what exactly does she add?), I think the cast would be perfect.
    And I'm in total agreement with YOU! I didn't like The Practice much at all; I never did warm up to any of the characters and I wouldn't have enjoyed any of them in real life. I thought only the last year of The Practice was decent, and that's only 'cause Spader joined the cast.

I'm not much of a movie-goer, so the only thing I'd ever seen Spader in was Seinfeld (he played a character who made fun of George's fat neck).

I agree, too, that the Sally character is useless. A bunch of us agreed (above) that she looks way too much like a horse (both ends) and she's a wicked big drag, and she ought to get the boot.

I only started getting into The Practice when Alan and Tara came into play. I really like Boston Legal too but now I love it since they put Alan and Tara together. I think everybody is looking forward to some office scenes lol. And I agree that Sally's character should be gottin rid of. The next few episodes should be quite dramatic!
    Irelandy

Alan again makes me laugh when I listen to him interact with each character, It's either the writing or James Spader is just better an actor than I remember. I love Rhona Mitra, She has the best smile on TV right now.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I just started watching this show, after someone had hogtied me into watching Desparate Housewives and left the channel on ABC.

I'm unfamiliar with the women so far, liking Rhona Mitra for her looks and her voice, if not her character.

Pairing James Spader and William Shatner seems a winning combination. I'd intended to say they compliment each other so well, but is that how one refers to a pair that seem so alike in nature?

I don't recall the actors name, but it is nice seeing the attorney that made the elf bet last night as part of the cast. I'd watched the show he was recently on only because of his flawed character.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Pairing James Spader and William Shatner seems a winning combination. I'd intended to say they compliment each other so well, but is that how one refers to a pair that seem so alike in nature?
    Left, I think it's complement! And you are right!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I'm unfamiliar with the women so far, liking Rhona Mitra for her looks and her voice, if not her character.
    She's the total package! Beautiful face, body, & hair, sexy accent, cool character. My husband & I both think she's "hawt!"
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread