+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

Re: Boston Legal

I love this show and I don't know why. I don't agree with hardly anything Spader says, but I still love him.

The only thing that was a little unbelievable about this last episode was Denny's ability to function in a courtroom without doing anything absurd, and actually winning. It was inconsistent with how he's been portrayed the whole season. I love him being smart and at the top of his game, but it wasn't believable after he's been so silly and incompetent for months.

Oh well, I would love it if he goes back to being a legal genious again. I like the intricate banter between Denny Crane and Alan, and lately it had been very one-side and kinda pitiful.

I also love Jerry and think his episodes of reverting to a cigar-smoking say-it-like-it-is guy are endearing. I hope he isn't one of the characters who's hitting the road!

Also, what happened to the hot young blond male lawyer? Haven't seen him for a few weeks.

My favorite scene in a long time was Denny justifying why he would be a strong presidential candidate, and whipping out an arsenol of guns on the boardroom table (2 weeks ago). Dunno why, that whole scene was just very enjoyable. I like him quick-thinking.

I do like this show and watch it most weeks, however I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I could do without all the political commentary and bashing of the administration ad nauseum. I've edited myself to say this simple statement: I expect this show to have the element of enlightening us on certain issues, but not constantly bash us over the head with the producer's point of view. Their agenda should be to entertain. There are tons of political commentary shows that I can and do watch on a regular basis to educate myself about politics. I'd like to see one single episode of Boston Legal where we're not hit over the head with how bad the government it. jmo

Also: My favorite character is Shirley.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3016635;
    Although I thought Denny should have lost. However I understand the necessity of keeping him undefeated, plus he would not have been a good loser... although that might be a way to end the season, he loses and retires.
    i know, he probably would have jumped over the balcony. i was wating for him to lose. All of a sudden he is saine? so was he faking it all these seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3024850;
    i know, he probably would have jumped over the balcony. i was wating for him to lose. All of a sudden he is saine? so was he faking it all these seasons?

In terms of Alzheimers there are certainly more lucid days than others, but imo, it seemed that this issue caused Denny to rise above it. Probably not happening in real life though for as long as he's had the disease..

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3021527;
    I do like this show and watch it most weeks, however I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I could do without all the political commentary and bashing of the administration ad nauseum. I've edited myself to say this simple statement: I expect this show to have the element of enlightening us on certain issues, but not constantly bash us over the head with the producer's point of view. Their agenda should be to entertain. There are tons of political commentary shows that I can and do watch on a regular basis to educate myself about politics. I'd like to see one single episode of Boston Legal where we're not hit over the head with how bad the government it. jmo

Also: My favorite character is Shirley.
    Mine too, and I love Alan as well.
    I expect we will just be getting more of the political views until the election, which means most of the last season - right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3026125;
    Mine too, and I love Alan as well.
    I expect we will just be getting more of the political views until the election, which means most of the last season - right?
    I don't think it was just the election, but we do know that this administration will be gone in January and the writers will need to get some new material. Note: I'm a believer that the political system in this country is broken. A bit of a cynic about things and politicians in general. jmo, but elections go on for FAR too long and it doesn't seem to benefit the voter. (Note: I live in Michigan ) I just need to watch my fiction to escape reality a bit.

I wonder what shape things will take if/ when Obama gets elected.

I hated that they moved it to Wednesdays but Mondays???? That's even worse! I know it's the final season but still. Now I'm going to be torn even more between 2 shows. I was already torn with House and another show. I'm going to look into DVR and see what I can do.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3026345;
    I don't think it was just the election, but we do know that this administration will be gone in January and the writers will need to get some new material. Note: I'm a believer that the political system in this country is broken. A bit of a cynic about things and politicians in general. jmo, but elections go on for FAR too long and it doesn't seem to benefit the voter. (Note: I live in Michigan ) I just need to watch my fiction to escape reality a bit.

I wonder what shape things will take if/ when Obama gets elected.
    I hear you, and for what it's worth would like a little more court case drama myself. (I was raised in north-east metro Detroit myself, and now live in IA - what a change that was! )

FORT Fogey

is this show coming back?

The season premiere (final season) is next Monday night. I'd love to get people's predictions on how they will close the show (the series finale). Do we have to spoiler predictions? If so, the mod can spoiler this but here's my prediction. As sad as it seems and maybe even a little too predictable for this show, I suspect that the series will end with Denny's death.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread