+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

Re: Boston Legal

Wasn't Larroquette already ON this show in some other role?

Or am I confusing it with "The Practice" (which is a linked show so it should still count...)?

EDIT: Yes, he was apparently on The Practice as a character named "Joey Heric". Which with that reminder I now remember the multiple episode arc with him in it.

EDIT 2: Lookee! "The Practice" The Return of Joey Heric (2002)

EDIT3: In fact... he won an Emmy for his role on "The Practice". John Larroquette - Awards
    Last edited by Krom; 09-27-2007 at 01:55 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

was good seeing Dan Fielding and Elvin Thibodeaux on the episode.

was classic BL; i had a good chuckle when Alan/Denny was caught in the bathroom comparing streams

that new girl with the accent; what has she been on?

It's scary to see how good JS actually looks as a woman. We saw it last season when he dressed as Shirley for Halloween and we saw it again the other night.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Hahah...

(I finally got it watched!) I thought the same thing about Spader... He has really "soft" features...

And truth be told, the plotlines are completely secondary to my enjoyment of this show... It's ALL Denny/Alan... BUT it was still an excellent episode for me...

I remember that arc on the Practice... It's not unusual for shows to recast actors in different roles. It's the characters that matter, not the actor... Were that a necessary factor, soap viewers would be up in arms continually...

In any case, JL will be a good addition to the cast - his character turned around quite nicely, once certain things were pointed out... Poor DennyCrane - losing Shirley yet again...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

very good show tonight with an emotional ending

Loved Jerry's closing argument in the courtroom.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I was so tired of Jerry last season I am really not happy seeing him so much this season already. I just can't stand how unbelieveable the character is. We are really supposed to believe that he held a knife to Shirleys throat and yet here he is back working in the same firm. And then all the noise making and jumping around is supposed to be ok since, by the grace of God, he's able to pull it off and win the case in the end. Denny Crane wearing an 1800's wig and holding a shotgun is more believeable. And a lot more entertaining. They need to tone Jerry down.

I'm on the fence about Clarence to. But at least Clarence can put away the wigs when he needs to be serious. He may be more comfortable as Clarise but at least he can function as Clarence.

I can't stand the new girl. I'm with Alan, where did they find her? Harvard? Really? Yeah thats believeable. More believeable then her acting anyways.

And the new woman that Alan is completely gaga over. Yuck! Even my husband doesn't think she's good looking. And way to skinny. So far I don't see anything about her that screams sex goddess.

I miss watching Alan try a case and worry about how he's going to pull out his rabbit. Much better then watching the three ring circus this show is turning into. At least in the first couple of season the strange people were just office workers or clients. Now the lawyers are getting more and more strange.

I thought it was a great episode... I'm liking the English girl a lot... Since that case covered two weeks, of course we would see more of Jerry, maybe, now that it has ended, we will see more of Alan and Denny at "work"...

I was hoping Alan would at least provide the Judge a cupful.... I like that character better than the "new girl". Of course all we've seen of her so far is making out...

Lots of good character interaction in this one... Alan and Capt. Kirk are just SO great together!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

PWS
    FORT Fogey

There was a side shot of Alan's new love interest where she practically vanished--given that the "camera adds 10 lbs." I can't imagine what she looks like in real life. Ugh. I did like the way she handled Denny though, and loved the whole dibs discussion.
    On the plus side, the women on this show are not all 19-25, and in fact are seen as sexy even when they have a few, or more than a few, wrinkles. They are generally age appropriate for their partners, or at least within a generation of the men. But they do have to be thin. Very, very thin.

I'm not liking this new attorney, Whitney. And the bit with Alan's word salad whenever Lorraine is around is getting old fast.

I'm really liking John Larroquette on the show, though they haven't given him that much to do yet. He's really aged well.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread