+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

I had to tape it so I just finished watching. I am so glad that Alan won. I teared up during his closeing statement just thinking about what the people of New Orleans had to suffer through. Its still so painful to think about it even now. And even though I know its a TV show the fact that the doctor stayed when so many fled showed what a careing person she is.

I guess its obvious I am for doctor assited suiside. I hope that when my time is near if i am in extreme pain and suffering I hope there is someone who is strong and compassionate enough to help me.

FORT Fogey
    does anybody watch boston legal here. This serie is so underrated. I love it.

Lats night was amazing!! and danny is just wow.

I do still, and it makes me laugh every week. It's really vintage David E Kelley stuff these days. The plots are a bit unrealistic and over the top, but the characters and writing are so clever that I never miss it.

FYI - today is James Spader's 47th birthday.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Youch! Talk about perfect timing---last night's rant on Biblical camps that claim to cure you of homosexuality, followed up this am by a CNN story on that fundamentalist minister whose homosexual behavior was exposed last month's coming back from just such a camp, "cured".

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2232928;
    Youch! Talk about perfect timing---last night's rant on Biblical camps that claim to cure you of homosexuality, followed up this am by a CNN story on that fundamentalist minister whose homosexual behavior was exposed last month's coming back from just such a camp, "cured".
    EXACTLY! The timing of that episode could not have been better. Haggert will always be my poster child for the evangelical, regardless of his cure/repression. The bigger question is: did the camp cure of him lying? Didn't he mislead all his followers by condemning the very things he was himself doing? The only reason he got any treatment was because he was caught, not because he confessed. These camps are essentially teaching you to lie to yourself even more. The moral backbone of this argument is so flawed.

The part of the episode that really went over the top was the lawyer wanting to poll the sexual orientation of the members of the jury. I'm surprised she didn't try that when they were initially interviewing the jurors.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2232937;
    The part of the episode that really went over the top was the lawyer wanting to poll the sexual orientation of the members of the jury. I'm surprised she didn't try that when they were initially interviewing the jurors.
    Her goal seemed to be to try and invalidate a verdict she didn't want. Earlier on all she would have accomplished was offend her potential juror pool.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2232886;
    does anybody watch boston legal here. This serie is so underrated. I love it.

Lats night was amazing!! and danny is just wow.
    I watched this show for the first time in ages last night and it had my attention, this is how it was when it first came out.

DENNY CRANE!

ITA that this show is really getting good in an "early David E. Kelley" kind of way. I find myself laughing out loud every week. Alan standing up in court last night: "Did we win yet?"

Was anyone else bummed that the baby wasn't Jeffrey's? He was so excited about the possibility and Brad is such a tool. I guess it makes better drama for Brad to be the father, but I still would've liked to see Denise and Jeffrey dealing with impending parenthood. Maybe it's also because I've had a huge crush on Craig Bierko for years now. I wonder if the results of the paternity test are affecting Denise's decision about whether or not to keep the baby.

LOOOVE that Denny and Alan are having a sleepover. S'mores with real graham crackers They're the best couple on TV. It's a genuine, complicated friendship and James Spader and William Shatner have such great chemistry.

James Spader could gain 100 pounds and age ten more years and he'd still be dead sexy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2233287;

LOOOVE that Denny and Alan are having a sleepover. S'mores with real graham crackers They're the best couple on TV. It's a genuine, complicated friendship and James Spader and William Shatner have such great chemistry.

James Spader could gain 100 pounds and age ten more years and he'd still be dead sexy.

That is not only colleague, but best friend chemistry we see there.
    and AMEN sister to the James Spader line.

Alan getting on the "soapbox" last night was priceless.
    And when Denny was riding around on the Segway because he was going to "climb on" Bethany but she wasn't on it. LOL-

That was a great episode!

+ Reply to Thread