+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    They've built Denny into such a partner of Alan's that it would be hard for him to leave or even majorly cut back, without making the charactor very sick or dead at this point.
    Maybe it's just because I'd just seen her Designing Women co-actress on DH, but I swear the woman tackling Denny looked like a shorter version of Delta Burke, except there was something lopsided about her face. Same 80's hair, etc. Or is it her after some kind of plastic surgery? Am I losing it?

That IS Delta Burke, PWS...lol. She's weird looking now, so yes, I'd say she's had some kind of plastic surgery...and not the good kind! Something about her mouth looks really off.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kattatude;2157560;
    That IS Delta Burke, PWS...lol. She's weird looking now, so yes, I'd say she's had some kind of plastic surgery...and not the good kind! Something about her mouth looks really off.
    Good grief...really? I mean I thought so when she first appeared, when Denny met his girlfriend's mom, as you just got a brief glimpse, but since then, with better looks, I began to doubt it; as you say, the mouth seems all wrong... and lopsided. I feel unkind saying so, but if that is the result of plastic surgery she has a lawsuit coming up. Trusting it's not that she had a stroke or something and is still recovering. That said, Delta Burke is exactly the kind of woman you can see Denny having been interested in (her Suzanne Sugarbaker type of charactor that is, not her the person, of whom I know little).

I'm pleased that Lincoln didn't die in this episode. That dude has grown on me, I'm kind of strangely attracted to his strangeness.

His wonderland populated with cut-outs of himself is exactly the sort of thing I'd imagine in his world.

Wasn't surprised Shirley took Alan to task for perjuring himself on her behalf, wasn't surprised that it led to her thanking him. I was wrong though, I expected a more physical show of thanks from her. I guess thats just not her, though she did enter while he was attempting to put the moves on cutie associate. It was pretty funny in a droll Alan way him segueing into using the same 'You remind me of a Catholic schoolgirl' line he'd just used on the other woman just a moment before.

DENNY CRANE!
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 11-29-2006 at 02:16 AM.

Great two-parter this week!

I'll admit that I was getting a little annoyed at all the air time Craig Bierko's character was getting. I like him, but I'm happier with him in a supporting role.

I loved all the scenes between Alan and Denny, especially the one where Alan talked about friendship (even got a little misty there). Denny being jealous over Alan having drinks on the balcony with another man

ITA that Lincoln is delightfully loony but then, David E. Kelly has always been good at creating those characters. Remember that guy on The Practice with the severed head?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2160189;
    I'll admit that I was getting a little annoyed at all the air time Craig Bierko's character was getting. I like him, but I'm happier with him in a supporting role.

I loved all the scenes between Alan and Denny, especially the one where Alan talked about friendship (even got a little misty there). Denny being jealous over Alan having drinks on the balcony with another man

ITA that Lincoln is delightfully loony but then, David E. Kelly has always been good at creating those characters. Remember that guy on The Practice with the severed head?
    I never watched The Practice more than once or twice; it was a too gritty show from a producer I sought out for fluff like Ally McBeal. I'm atrocious connecting names to characters, is Craig Bierko the 'Hands' man?

I've got to ask in part due to the validation I extend toward you loving the scenes between Alan and Denny. Those two are primarily who I watch this show for, the rest are basically filler for me. I can't recall another program that has dipped into the love between two men in a way that approaches the relationship I see between Denny and Alan.

Denny is more watchable overall than Alan in his over the top behavior, while I prefer Alan's way with words.

elk
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2160225;
    I'm atrocious connecting names to characters, is Craig Bierko the 'Hands' man?
    "Hands" refers to the character of Jerry Espenson (played by Christian Clemenson). His character has Asperger Syndrome, a disorder on the autism spectrum that severely hampers social skills and may result in 'odd' behaviours (while retaining a 'normal' or higher than 'normal' IQ). Various self stimulatory behaviours usually co-exist with it (such as the jumping and squeaking Jerry does) and people with AS sometimes appear physically awkward - hence "Hands"; Jerry walks with his hands placed on his thighs.

The character is brilliant and he makes guest appearances often. You will definitely pick him out when you see him!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

This show is still my favorite show on television! ITA with the comments about Alan and Denny. Two men of vastly different ages and political viewpoints having such fondness for each other is so refreshing.

Lincoln is such an awesome character - I would have much prefered that they kept him somewhat harmless rather than making him go all psycho Betty White on us. The whole thing with Shirley screamed of "Jump the Shark."

Oh and the awkward Amazon lesbian character was great for laughs! Who thinks up these characters??

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    I loved the show last night. Of course, I love them all. I have an autistic son, so Alan (who does show signs of Aspergers) and Hands make me smile.

I suspect that Delta Burke has had bad Botox. She has that frozen face look some of my friends sometimes get. I would MUCH rather see Denny with her daughter. That character knew how to handle him. I think I saw a glimpse of her in the preview for next week's House. I think she's a fabulous actress.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Leftcoaster, I believe Bierko is the wacko Lincoln guy. He scares me. Him singing the Chipmunks Christmas song was hilarious.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread