+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

I wasn't too keen on it. As someone else said, it was too "Ally McBeal"-ish, & I did not like that show. I was hoping it would be more like "The Practice" (which I had written off at one point, but it revived).

And does anyone else think that the one chick (don't know her name) that used to date the Brad character looks like a man? Not.pretty.at.all.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

see, upon hearing that it's sort of ally mcbealish, i'm actually more excited about it. i loved that show! i only watched a couple of the episodes of the practice, and only after james spader joined the show. working in a law office half of your life pretty much makes you not want to watch serious law practice shows.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I used to LOVE The Practice -- it was one of my favorite shows. BUT, like others here have mentioned, I started hating the characters, so I stopped watching a couple of years ago. I gave it another try when James Spader came on board and I just fell in love with his character.

I was really looking forward to Boston Legal, but was a little disappointed with the first episode. I'll keep on watching, though, because I am extremely intrigued with Spader's character.

Well, not only did I not fall asleep this time, but I actually was sortof enjoying last night's episode --- then Mr. Bug called me away for something, and I didn't get to see the ending. Did anyone here watch the show last night? If so, can someone please tell me what happened when the psycho ex girlfriend showed up at the work party? The last I saw was her walking in. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Well, not only did I not fall asleep this time, but I actually was sortof enjoying last night's episode --- then Mr. Bug called me away for something, and I didn't get to see the ending. Did anyone here watch the show last night? If so, can someone please tell me what happened when the psycho ex girlfriend showed up at the work party? The last I saw was her walking in. Thanks!
    The ex-girlfriend tells Alan that she has accepted a job there in Boston with her old law firm. That she will not be going home to her parents... and since Alan is her legit guardian there in Boston she would be staying. So the real question (for me) is did she really get a job or just lying to Alan so she can hang around and try to kill him again.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    Maybe David E. Kelley needs to get some fresh co-writers to help differentiate this show. I really wanted to like it, as I usually like James Spader's work (I can nearly quote line-by-line the entirety of sex, lies & videotape). Glad you all validated my take on the level of wackiness. Sometimes I think my perspective is skewed from being in the law profession. (Well, it probably is, but not as bad as it might be!)

(David E. Kelley has co-writers? )

I think my perspective is skewed by my (former) profession, also. I judge the legal happenings too harshly - which may cause me to miss some of the other aspects of the show. I liked Spader last year on the Practice - he was believable. (However, I'll be the first one in line to say lawyers are not sharks and/or snakes - I've known a few bad apples, but for the most part, lawyers are hard-working, decent people.)

I got sick of "wacky" and quit watching Ally McBigdeal a few seasons before it was canceled. I don't want Boston to turn into that circus.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    The ex-girlfriend tells Alan that she has accepted a job there in Boston with her old law firm. That she will not be going home to her parents... and since Alan is her legit guardian there in Boston she would be staying. So the real question (for me) is did she really get a job or just lying to Alan so she can hang around and try to kill him again.
    Thanks so much, gaby! Figures she would "find a job" in Boston. That woman is nuts! I thought she looked really familiar too and was trying to figure out what else I have seen her in.

Thanks so much, gaby! Figures she would "find a job" in Boston. That woman is nuts! I thought she looked really familiar too and was trying to figure out what else I have seen her in.
    Elizabeth Mitchell (psycho ex-girlfriend) has guest-starred in a lot of shows - CSI, L&O SVU, Everwood, JAG. A lot of people might remember her from ER a few seasons ago, where she had a recurring role as a psychiatrist. She got fired by Romano because she was having an affair with Dr. Weaver - Weaver's first time "playing for the other team." Mitchell has been in some movies too. She was Angelina Jolie's girlfriend in the HBO movie "Gia," and was in "Frequency" with Dennis Quaid and James Caviezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    Elizabeth Mitchell (psycho ex-girlfriend) has guest-starred in a lot of shows - CSI, L&O SVU, Everwood, JAG. A lot of people might remember her from ER a few seasons ago, where she had a recurring role as a psychiatrist. She got fired by Romano because she was having an affair with Dr. Weaver - Weaver's first time "playing for the other team." Mitchell has been in some movies too. She was Angelina Jolie's girlfriend in the HBO movie "Gia," and was in "Frequency" with Dennis Quaid and James Caviezel.
    Grok, you are always so helpful - thank you. What I remember her from was ER, another favorite show of mine. Now that nagging feeling will go away thanks to you!

Grok, you are always so helpful - thank you. What I remember her from was ER, another favorite show of mine. Now that nagging feeling will go away thanks to you!
    Thanks, CharlieBug. I have a lot of useless entertainment trivia taking up way too much space in my brain, and sometimes I have to hit the release valve to relieve the pressure.

I know how it is to recognize someone and not recall what else I've seen him or her in. Sometimes, I get so distracted trying to remember, I tune out what I'm watching. It's good I record shows so I can backtrack when I do it. I have this thing where I remember faces better than names. When I can't remember the name (or get it from the credits), I can usually place the face in a show or movie, or with a co-star. That association usually helps me remember names. I use IMDb.com a lot to confirm what I recall. There are times when I don't make the connection - until many days later - when I'm driving down the road. For some reason, my brain doesn't let go until it figures it out - apparently no matter how long it takes. I always read the cast as the credits roll and still look it up again at IMDb, just in case I missed something. Yeah, I think it's a sickness.

+ Reply to Thread