+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 471

Thread: Boston Legal

  1. #281
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Shirley is used as a straightman a lot, and that's when you have to gear back on your expectations a bit. They had her take up the straightman slack when Lewiston's on-screen time got cut back a bit.

    It's out of character for Shirley to ever be over the top, but what they need to do more often is put her in situations where she can sit back and be slyly sarcastic. That's different than merely being a straightman.

    Denny Crane.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  2. #282
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,844
    !!
    She's great with the sly sarcasm.

    DENNY CRANE!

  3. #283
    FORT Fan MidniteLace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    199
    My Fav is is "Allen Shore" I always think "who would not love to have someone like that in your corner?"

  4. #284
    FORT Fogey Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California Wine Country. Cheers!
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Am I the only one getting bored with Shirley Schmidt?
    I can't be bored with her. I loved her on Murphey Brown, and I still love her. Just like I loved Wm. Shatner as Cpt. Kirk and I still love him. What's not to love?

  5. #285
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764
    SOMEONE HELP!!! The lawyer guy and the doctor guy both look familiar to me and I can't get any info on the actor names. I think the doctor guy is Curtis Armstrong of Better Off Dead fame. Wish I could think of Lawyer guy's character name. It sounded like the judge called him Mr. Watts. Kind of husky, beard and mustache. Young-ish. If anyone at all can get me any information on these actors, please post!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  6. #286
    Hook 'em Horns! muggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    908
    I don't live for this show, but I try not to miss it. I find it hilarious and outrageous every week and I'm surprised there's not more discussion about it on here. I found the scene with Denny, Alan and the Dwarf lawyer "Badger" at the end to be hysterical. Seems like she may end up working at their firm before this all over and being a love interest for Denny this season. Anyone else notice the huge reduction in Denny Crane's self naming this season? Maybe he's getting soft.

    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    SOMEONE HELP!!! The lawyer guy and the doctor guy both look familiar to me and I can't get any info on the actor names. I think the doctor guy is Curtis Armstrong of Better Off Dead fame. Wish I could think of Lawyer guy's character name. It sounded like the judge called him Mr. Watts. Kind of husky, beard and mustache. Young-ish. If anyone at all can get me any information on these actors, please post!
    The lawyer's name is Jonathan Winslet (played by the actor Tyler Labine) who will always be, to me, the conspiracy theorist brother on ABC's cancelled INVASION from last season.

    That was Curtis Armstrong as you mentioned, formerly of Moonlighting and Better Off Dead.

    If there are any other Star Trek geeks out there watching this show, this was probably a milestone episode as well with the introduction of another alumni to BL... Ethan Phillips as Scott Little's father. While Ethan's role was small, it probably put Boston Legal in some kind of history book for the most former Star Trek actors on a first-run program. In addition to series regulars William Shatner (James Kirk from the original series) and Rene Auberjonois (Odo on Deep Space Nine), also appearing this week were Phillips (Neelix on Voyager) and Armin Shimerman (Quark on Deep Space Nine).


    All we need now is a cameo by Will Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) to complete my list of "most annoying characters in Star Trek history" in one show.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

  7. #287
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,844
    Denny Crane is back!
    Have to confess I was literally during Alan's march to the wrestling ring, led by Indian princess Betty White. Love the concept of the 2 guys fighting over Shirley--who says there are no good roles for older actors, male or female!
    Missed the conclusion last season (still on a tape somewhere I'm sure, but we did a lot of painting and my tapes got tossed in a bag) so was a bit confused at first, but still enjoyed it.

  8. #288
    It's almost Spring! redjdv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    732

    Did I miss an episode?

    Can anyone tell me if Boston Legal was on November 14?

    Thanks

  9. #289
    FORT Fogey Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California Wine Country. Cheers!
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2095042;
    If there are any other Star Trek geeks out there watching this show, this was probably a milestone episode as well with the introduction of another alumni to BL... Ethan Phillips as Scott Little's father. While Ethan's role was small, it probably put Boston Legal in some kind of history book for the most former Star Trek actors on a first-run program. In addition to series regulars William Shatner (James Kirk from the original series) and Rene Auberjonois (Odo on Deep Space Nine), also appearing this week were Phillips (Neelix on Voyager) and Armin Shimerman (Quark on Deep Space Nine).

    All we need now is a cameo by Will Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) to complete my list of "most annoying characters in Star Trek history" in one show.
    I did notice this show is where old Star Trek actors find an afterlife, but I like that. Did you mention 7 of 9 was on there last season?

    But I disagree with your assessment of Will Wheaton. I love him! He turned into a really cool guy, if you ever saw him guest host on Tech TV (now called G4) or anything else now that he's grown up. I never really liked Wesley's doctor mother on TNG, however. Haven't seen her ever after that show folded.

  10. #290
    Hook 'em Horns! muggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2142653;
    Can anyone tell me if Boston Legal was on November 14?

    Thanks
    No, it was not on. They ran a long episode (and debut I think) of Shatner's new gameshow "Show Me The Money" instead. Next Tuesday (11/21) they are showing the American Music Awards, so I noticed a promo for the next airing, Part 1 of a 2-parter -- Sunday (11/26) at 10pm after DH, followed by Part 2 on Tuesday (11/28) at 10pm.
    Guess I harbor a dislike for Will Wheaton since he always felt mis-cast (and an unnecessary character) on a classic show. Just my opinion.

    I wonder...if "Show Me The Money" is a success, would that mean Shatner is leaving Boston Legal? If so, this show has more cast changes than "The Real World".
    Last edited by muggle; 11-15-2006 at 04:29 PM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.