+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

Shirley is used as a straightman a lot, and that's when you have to gear back on your expectations a bit. They had her take up the straightman slack when Lewiston's on-screen time got cut back a bit.

It's out of character for Shirley to ever be over the top, but what they need to do more often is put her in situations where she can sit back and be slyly sarcastic. That's different than merely being a straightman.

Denny Crane.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    !!
    She's great with the sly sarcasm.

DENNY CRANE!

My Fav is is "Allen Shore" I always think "who would not love to have someone like that in your corner?"

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Am I the only one getting bored with Shirley Schmidt?
    I can't be bored with her. I loved her on Murphey Brown, and I still love her. Just like I loved Wm. Shatner as Cpt. Kirk and I still love him. What's not to love?

SOMEONE HELP!!! The lawyer guy and the doctor guy both look familiar to me and I can't get any info on the actor names. I think the doctor guy is Curtis Armstrong of Better Off Dead fame. Wish I could think of Lawyer guy's character name. It sounded like the judge called him Mr. Watts. Kind of husky, beard and mustache. Young-ish. If anyone at all can get me any information on these actors, please post!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I don't live for this show, but I try not to miss it. I find it hilarious and outrageous every week and I'm surprised there's not more discussion about it on here. I found the scene with Denny, Alan and the Dwarf lawyer "Badger" at the end to be hysterical. Seems like she may end up working at their firm before this all over and being a love interest for Denny this season. Anyone else notice the huge reduction in Denny Crane's self naming this season? Maybe he's getting soft.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    SOMEONE HELP!!! The lawyer guy and the doctor guy both look familiar to me and I can't get any info on the actor names. I think the doctor guy is Curtis Armstrong of Better Off Dead fame. Wish I could think of Lawyer guy's character name. It sounded like the judge called him Mr. Watts. Kind of husky, beard and mustache. Young-ish. If anyone at all can get me any information on these actors, please post!
    The lawyer's name is Jonathan Winslet (played by the actor Tyler Labine) who will always be, to me, the conspiracy theorist brother on ABC's cancelled INVASION from last season.

That was Curtis Armstrong as you mentioned, formerly of Moonlighting and Better Off Dead.

If there are any other Star Trek geeks out there watching this show, this was probably a milestone episode as well with the introduction of another alumni to BL... Ethan Phillips as Scott Little's father. While Ethan's role was small, it probably put Boston Legal in some kind of history book for the most former Star Trek actors on a first-run program. In addition to series regulars William Shatner (James Kirk from the original series) and Rene Auberjonois (Odo on Deep Space Nine), also appearing this week were Phillips (Neelix on Voyager) and Armin Shimerman (Quark on Deep Space Nine).

All we need now is a cameo by Will Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) to complete my list of "most annoying characters in Star Trek history" in one show.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Denny Crane is back!
    Have to confess I was literally during Alan's march to the wrestling ring, led by Indian princess Betty White. Love the concept of the 2 guys fighting over Shirley--who says there are no good roles for older actors, male or female!
    Missed the conclusion last season (still on a tape somewhere I'm sure, but we did a lot of painting and my tapes got tossed in a bag) so was a bit confused at first, but still enjoyed it.

Did I miss an episode?

Can anyone tell me if Boston Legal was on November 14?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2095042;
    If there are any other Star Trek geeks out there watching this show, this was probably a milestone episode as well with the introduction of another alumni to BL... Ethan Phillips as Scott Little's father. While Ethan's role was small, it probably put Boston Legal in some kind of history book for the most former Star Trek actors on a first-run program. In addition to series regulars William Shatner (James Kirk from the original series) and Rene Auberjonois (Odo on Deep Space Nine), also appearing this week were Phillips (Neelix on Voyager) and Armin Shimerman (Quark on Deep Space Nine).

All we need now is a cameo by Will Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) to complete my list of "most annoying characters in Star Trek history" in one show.
    I did notice this show is where old Star Trek actors find an afterlife, but I like that. Did you mention 7 of 9 was on there last season?

But I disagree with your assessment of Will Wheaton. I love him! He turned into a really cool guy, if you ever saw him guest host on Tech TV (now called G4) or anything else now that he's grown up. I never really liked Wesley's doctor mother on TNG, however. Haven't seen her ever after that show folded.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2142653;
    Can anyone tell me if Boston Legal was on November 14?

Thanks
    No, it was not on. They ran a long episode (and debut I think) of Shatner's new gameshow "Show Me The Money" instead. Next Tuesday (11/21) they are showing the American Music Awards, so I noticed a promo for the next airing, Part 1 of a 2-parter -- Sunday (11/26) at 10pm after DH, followed by Part 2 on Tuesday (11/28) at 10pm.
    Guess I harbor a dislike for Will Wheaton since he always felt mis-cast (and an unnecessary character) on a classic show. Just my opinion.

I wonder...if "Show Me The Money" is a success, would that mean Shatner is leaving Boston Legal? If so, this show has more cast changes than "The Real World".
    Last edited by muggle; 11-15-2006 at 04:29 PM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread