+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

Okay, I FINALLY got caught up on BL and just finished watching the shows from the last two weeks.... (I'm actually relieved it didn't show last night, otherwise I would have been three weeks behind).
    I can't say I will miss Sally. Her character didn't add much to the show, imo.
    Love how Schmidt visits the men's restroom on a regular basis.
    Am worried that Bernie will kill again, just so he has an excuse to "hang out" with Alan and Tara.
    Do these people EVER lose a case?!
    And I still am find of the show's kookiness. It may start to grate on my nerves later on, but so far I'm still a fan.

I enjoyed this episode beginning with Alan's battle by proxy and his subsequent trial. His closing seemed to have cost him considering the personal reflection of why he didn't take a swing himself, and the weakness makes him a better character as far as I'm concerned.

Tara seemed to wait a moment too long when answering whether she was tired of him. I'm not tired of her, I entertained myself for about ten minutes trying to capture the way she pronounced 'hurt'. I like her accent, even though I'm a bit weary of off shore accents on my local newscasts.

I get the impression that someone in charge believes viewers like to hear about traffic congestion and the weather from those with Australian or Islander accents. It isn't the accents that turn me off, its the frequency, as if there aren't enough American's to fill the slots.

I'd expected more of a Valentine's Day theme, but romance was in short order, with Tara telling Alan that she was a sure thing, and the sexiest thing I saw was Candice giving Denny a teasing preview of how she'd turn him into silly putty when and if she feels like it, whispering "Denny.....Denny....Denny....C rane" into his ear, leaving him to consider his ability to walk.

Denny remains a powerhouse to me, he has street smarts as well as the ability to read people like the judge in this episode, pulling victory from expected defeat simply from his recognition that THIS particular judge could be manipulated and directed toward a sympathetic verdict just to avoid being perceived as a "nancy-pansy." The law doesn't always determine victory, and Denny is a continuing asset, providing skills his associates lack.

Nice to see next week brings the return of Donny Green, who took a case just to go against Denny, who wouldn't have it any other way.

I thought last night's episode was great. Took me a little while to get into this show (only watched because it was on after DH) but now I"m hooked. Can't wait for next week's episode, when the "little man" is back. The episode where he killed his mom was so clever...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I absolutely loved last night's epi, it was totally worth the horrible 3 week wait! They are finally cracking down Alan's character. I love how Tara can shut him down with one look! I'm so happy they are really reading into their relationship. Alan to Tara "I cherish you." Of course, we wouldn't mind more physical contact as well lol. Loved every part of the epi they touched! The red meat case angered the crap out of me. Banning it, ridiculous. Completely frustrated me. I hope Alan gives that Paul character an aneurysm and he dies, hate him. On my last post I stated that the show was losing me, but DEK totally revived me. I love Boston Legal!
    Irelandy

[quote=Irelandy]I hope Alan gives that Paul character an aneurysm and he dies, hate him.[quote]Paul? ASre you talking about the big boss? The one who keeps threatening to fire him? I loved Denny at the end. "I don't have Alztheimer's. I have mad cow disease. Will someone please tell me what is up with all of Denny's catchphrase things? "Denny Crane, cuckoo for cuckoo puffs. Denny Crane, Trix are for kids." Is he trying to prove everyone's point that he's insane?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I recorded Sunday night's show, but I don't know that I'm interested enough in it to botehr watching.
    They seem to win every case.
    I find that annoying.
    I know this show isn't big on realism and if I want that I am far better served looking to Law and Order, but always winning has worn pretty thin with me.
    Actually the whole show is starting to grate on me a little.
    Shame really as I enjoyed it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I recorded Sunday night's show, but I don't know that I'm interested enough in it to bother watching.
    Watch the first 5 minutes of it... that was the best part.

And they had my favorite judge this week on the bench... the little white hair man who lives with that evil mean mouth mother... whom Alan spent a tantalizing car trip with... a couple of episodes back...

Yes, Paul the tall, skinny, bird looking man. Hate him. Picks on my Alan lol.
    Irelandy

I love William Shatner in this role! He just looked so dang happy strolling down the hallway full of reporters and flashing cameras saying "Who's your daddy? Denny Crane."

Now then, was Sally that girl who dressed inappropriately and was the constant target of Rebecca DeMornay when she was on the show? If so, and she's gone... I don't miss her.

Gotta watch this show more often!

I watched the last ten minutes or so of the show.
    They won both their cases...again :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread