+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    I really enjoy Denny also... I just died out laughing when he entered the office with Sally and Tara and started to take off his clothes... Then when they pointed out the whole gun-man issue... "Why didn't anyone come get meeeeee...." And out comes the snap together rifle. Then tells her to say "pulllll" when she slings the door open... That by far has been the best Denny moment for me this season...
    I was overjoyed to see Denny Crane come to the rescue in the midst of all that chaos.

I just love seeing bad guys get shot down by law-abiding good guys like Denny Crane who keep guns around for their own protection!

Okay! I'm going through James Spader withdrawals. I need to see Alan Shore! When is it coming back???
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Okay! I'm going through James Spader withdrawals. I need to see Alan Shore! When is it coming back???
    I feel the same way and unfortunately the show isn't back for another week. The next new epi is supposedly Jan. 9th 2005!
    Irelandy

Why do they make us wait so long between new epis????? I hate this! I don't want to wait another week for Spader. I wish they wouldn't make us wait so long mid season. Why don't they just have all the new epis in the season consecutively instead of showing 4 new epis then 10 old epis (or stupid specials) then another 5 new epis.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Last night was pretty cool. Candice was a bit of a hard-a** but I loved Denny's reaction to her. What was with the whole "Denny Crane. Trix are for kids. Denny Crane. Coo-coo for Coa-Coa Puffs." thing? Was he trying to make himself look insane? And how about that guy? "I killed my mother. I hit her over the head with a skillet but I didn't mean to." I can think of a couple of people I'd like to "accidently" hit over the head with a skillet. Just kidding.

Loved Candice Bergen on there last night! She's going to be a great foil for Denny Crane.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Totally agree, Holly! Candace was GREAT! Her character was just what I was hoping for - intelligent, seasoned, snarky, and arrogant. I loved how she told Sally to dress differently. And her interaction with Alan in the men's room was priceless! The offbeat humor in this show has me every week.

Oh, and when they first showed the little guy, Bernie, who killed his mother, I initially thought it was the judge that Alan had a run-in with a few weeks back. Remember that judge? He was older, tiny, and hated his mother too. Obviously it's not the same guy, but at first I thought it was.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    The actor who played Bernie has been on Will & Grace a lot (fights with Karen) and used to be on Designing Women I think.
    I agree, Candace was GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    The actor who played Bernie has been on Will & Grace a lot (fights with Karen) and used to be on Designing Women I think.
    I agree, Candace was GREAT!
    Mmm, his name is Leslie Jordan and he was also in the TV Show "Hearts Afire" with John Ritter, Markie Post, and Billie Bob Thornton.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Totally agree, Holly! Candace was GREAT! Her character was just what I was hoping for - intelligent, seasoned, snarky, and arrogant. I loved how she told Sally to dress differently. And her interaction with Alan in the men's room was priceless! The offbeat humor in this show has me every week.

I totally agree with you, CharlieBug! Candace Bergen adds a lot to this show as the character of Shirley Schmidt, and she fits in with the rest of the cast extremely well!!!

Shirley Schmidt just said to Alan Shore, in response to his request for permission to lust after her, "Go subscribe to National Geographic. Make a list of all the places you'll never visit. Add to that list, 'SCHMIDT.'"

I love that Bergen's character's name is Schmidt -- Shirley Schmidt. It's a great name, and they'll have many, many chances to use that name for comic good!

I know from personal experience because in the neighborhood where I grew up there was a neighbor family named Schmidt. The Schmidts lived diagonally across the street from my family's house and, in fact, they still live there. Here we are, more than 40 years later, and my parents still live across the street from the Schmidts.

The funny thing about the Schmidts is that they live in a BROWN house.

Back when we were growing up, we kids (and my parents, too) referred to the Schmidts' house as The Schmidt House. For example, when we'd go out to play we'd tell our parents "I'll be down playing at The Schmidt House if you're looking for me."

And the nickname possibilities were endless -- my favorite nickname for one of the boys was "Schmidt-For-Brains."

We were cruel, indeed, but boy did we laugh a lot!!!

So yes, I'm very excited about the possibilities that exist for Boston Legal now that they've added a Hot Schmidt like Candace Bergen to the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Oh, and when they first showed the little guy, Bernie, who killed his mother, I initially thought it was the judge that Alan had a run-in with a few weeks back. Remember that judge? He was older, tiny, and hated his mother too. Obviously it's not the same guy, but at first I thought it was.

I, too, CharlieBug, thought the very same thing. It's funny that we think alike, huh? Or maybe "scary" is a more accurate term!!!

+ Reply to Thread