+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

I have to say that I didn't find last night's episode nearly as comical as some of the other episodes. I don't know why. I think I laughed once and I don't remember why. I actually kind-of thought the whole cigar in the ear thing was sort-of stupid.
    As far as Denny protecting Alan, I think you're on the right track. The writers keep throwing us hints that there may be something deeply wrong with Denny Crane. That's why he acts a little off sometimes. So I believe that Denny knows he's on his way out the door anyway. It's only a matter of time. So why not give Lewiston one more reason to suggest termination? But at the same time, he knows (as well as Lewiston) that he's a darn good lawyer. The firm can't afford to lose him. They can dispose of Alan because he doesn't have the record that Denny has. But they can't lose Denny. So a part of him knows that even if he did something that would've cost the firm millions, Lewiston would never fire him because they need him. So he saved Alan's job by doing what would've gotten him fired but still kept his own job in the process.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Thanks for the update, PWS and Niles.
    So Lewiston is threatening to fire Alan after Alan already quit - obviously somewhere along the way Alan decided not to quit, otherwise he could care less about being fired because it would be a void threat. I missed this. All I remember is that Denny asked him not to quit and said he didn't want to work without him, but I didn't remember Alan officially deciding to stay.

Well, anyway, bring back Alan and Tara, please!

I can't remember but it might have been in the last few episodes of The Practice that they mentioned it, Denny supposedly has Alzheimers (spelling?). Alan recognized the symptoms and convinced Denny to get it looked at. Denny once mentioned they said he wouldn't remember full details and stuff was completely blank to him after a longer period of time. I think Denny's just having an internal struggle facing the fact of such a disease. That's why he's acting weird I think. And for CHARLIEBUG, Alan never officially said whether he would stay or leave, you didn't miss it, it just didn't happen. I think Denny telling him he wanted Alan there and that Alan should stay just to stick it to Lewis was why Alan has yet to quit. And yes, PLEASE BRING BACK TARA AND ALAN!
    Irelandy

Judging by the previews, Candace makes her debut next week! And yes, Denny Crane does think she's hot.

Loved last night's show - Alan with his mistle toe, and finally more lovey-dovey interaction between Alan and Tara.

I also loved last nights show. They are finally back to Alan and Tara and it's even being made into more of a "love" thing than just flirting now. Loved their scenes! I just hope we don't have to wait another 5 episodes again for them to have dialog.
    Irelandy

i thought it was hysterical when monica potter's character saw alan with mistletoe and just jumped right in and kissed him while everyone was watching.

and denny crane is a crack shot! nice hit in that guy's shoulder!

my favorite lines from this past sunday's epi:

denny to alan: "my balls hurt."

alan in response: "let's let that be the last time you share that information with me."

I don't remember that line but I'll take your word for it. I loved Tara's little confession to Alan that she loves him. That whole speech she made was very sweet. And when all was said and done, he said exactly what she expected him to say but it was his way of saying "I love you". "You smell good." That was great! I'm really starting to like James Spader. Can't wait for tonight.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I love how they are giving Alan and Tara their own little quirks. Not everyone may notice each one but I recognize some of them from even The Practice days. The "just a bit" part came up before. And in a Practice scene after Alan talked about how he wanted to kiss Tara, he said the "more vodka?" line. Their little xmas eve of xmas eve kiss thing is so cute too. After almost dying and Tara saying she loved him, I think Alan realized he really did care deeply for her and so he said "you smell good" lol. I love that they are taking Tara and Alan to a more serious level. Maybe they will really last. I hope so. It stinks there isn't another epi for like 2 weeks. Oh well, Happy Holidays all!
    Irelandy

I totally love this show. I can't wait for Sunday so I can get my Denny Crane fix.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    I totally love this show. I can't wait for Sunday so I can get my Denny Crane fix.
    I really enjoy Denny also... I just died out laughing when he entered the office with Sally and Tara and started to take off his clothes... Then when they pointed out the whole gun-man issue... "Why didn't anyone come get meeeeee...." And out comes the snap together rifle. Then tells her to say "pulllll" when she slings the door open... That by far has been the best Denny moment for me this season...

+ Reply to Thread