+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Hmmm... a possible Candice Bergen/William Shatner pairing in the future? (Not permanently, of course, just a fling). Actually, it will be nice to see an older, more polished female on the show. The current gals are all so young and not yet established - a little seasoning on the feminine side will spice it up a bit, I think.
    Agreed. Plus, she's an excellent actress and I think her wry sense of humor and delivery will be a good fit. A Candice Berger/William Shatner pairing could be hilarious.

I think a Candice Bergen/James Spader fling would be even more Hilarious.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Well, I suppose it could happen since Mr. Spader sure doesn't seem to have a preference in women and likes all kinds! But I really wouldn't want to see them hook up.

I'm just happy that if they're going to cut someone, it's Sally. I didn't really see what her character added to the show.

Hey I just wanted to let any James Spader fans know that he'll be appearing on Late Night With Conan O'Brien on December 8th, at 12:37AM my time. It's a repeated show from like September 30th, but I never got to see it myself. Hope it's a good one.
    Irelandy

All the websites say that Boston Legal will be on this Sunday but my satellite guide says it isn't; that some ABC movie is on from 8-11 instead. Does anybody know when the new epi is going to be? This Sunday or next?
    Irelandy

Quote Originally Posted by Irelandy
    All the websites say that Boston Legal will be on this Sunday but my satellite guide says it isn't; that some ABC movie is on from 8-11 instead. Does anybody know when the new epi is going to be? This Sunday or next?
    ABC is showing a 3-hour movie on Sunday night. Title is "Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven." Big cast including Jon Voight, Jeff Daniels, and Ellen Burstyn. Mitch Albom also authored "Tuesdays With Morrie." That bodes well for this one being worth watching.

Last night's episode was beyond hilarious! Between Alan's ornament hat, the girls fighting about Alan, and Denny's cigar in the ear, I almost pissed myself. I am a little disappointed though. My favorite storyline is that of Alan and Tara and for the past like two or three episodes, they haven't even been in a scene together or shared dialog. Let alone the racy stuff we all expected in the office. Next episode looks really good though. It looked like for a second the gunman headed toward Tara so maybe she'll be hostage and they'll do a whole Alan as her knight in shining armor bit lol. Doubt it, but it would be cool. Alan's good conscience seems to be getting him in trouble and maybe next weeks episode with his coworkers being in danger with him, will tame is habit of bringing trouble. Great episode overall even though I found the Mark Valley pieces cheesy.
    Irelandy

Please!!! I missed the first part of the show - I walked in when Alan put the knife and Sadam picture in Denny's breifcase and saw everything after that. But what happened before?!

Also, I thought Alan had quit several weeks ago. Whatever happened with that? Did he just change his mind?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Please!!! I missed the first part of the show - I walked in when Alan put the knife and Sadam picture in Denny's breifcase and saw everything after that. But what happened before?!

?
    He and Denny were argueing over who was going to question the witness (the black woman Denny questioned later) and Denny pulled rank and was backed up by the other big boss--if Alan said a word they would fire him. So that was Alan's way of keeping Denny out of the courtroom.
    As to the basic disagreement--the witness was going to blow their case out of the water if she told the truth--an unapproved drug had been tested instead of the one the voluteers (diabetes drug) thought they were getting. But it seemed like it would be great. Then they found out it destroyed the liver because it did that to one subject who had it very early on. So they cancelled the drug trial but told people they'd been dropped for non compliance with the test protocol instead of the truth. This one woman was sueing to get back into the trial because the drug seemed to be helping her, not realizing of course that it would destroy her liver. So the black woman expert witness could either tell the truth and be a whistle blower and lose her job and cost Denny and Alan's client company a bundle or lie and insist she was dropped because they thought she smoked. Alan had played on her conscience as a scientist and gotten her to tell the truth even tho it hurt their client and then Denny came in and she changed her mind back. But on the stand Denny used Alan's arguments and she told the truth. So Denny was protecting Alan.
    The other case (Tara's) involved an age discrim. suit. Tara got opposing counsel drunk and pretended to be a flight attendant and he told her that among the tons of records Tara's company had gotten were actual memos supporting age discrim, but they used a code. So what tara did was bad, what the other lawyer did was bad, and now the blonde lawyer woman had to decide whether to keep secret info that would get Tara disbarred but help her client. She came to a rather Alanish way out. There was also more stuff about whether the blonde is hot for Alan (Tara thinks and said in front of the big boss); the other male lawyer who is jealous of Alan is hot for the blonde but she isn't interested.
    Anyone else. leap in!

I liked the whole exchange between Lori (the blonde lawyer) Sally and Tara with Lewiston (the big cheese). Sally said that she didn't want to work the age discrim. case.
    Lewiston: Why?
    Sally: It's personal
    Lewiston: You're making it professional
    Sally: I'm uncomfortable working with Tara
    Lewiston: May I ask why?
    Sally: I used to sleep with Alan Shore and now she is.
    Tara: (pointing to Lori) And she wants to.
    Lori: (hesitantly) I do not!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread