+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jack and Bobby

xSKATExORxCRYx

Jack and Bobby

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this show -- it's amazing.

[mod removed]

And actually, the entire show is amazing. The actors seem incredibly well cast (particularly the young Bobby, who is totally compelling to watch) and the characters are well developed, and nuanced. The tension between the family members is particularly believable!

I also love the premise of this show -- sort of like a Smallville, where we know the future of the two characters, and we watch as they develop into the public personas that are their destinies.

Is anyone else watching this show? I know it's critically acclaimed and it has been picked up for the entire season, but it seems like no one is talking about it and the viewership has only been mediocre.

I, for one, am going to be a loyal viewer -- It's like My So Called West Wing, and I looOooove it!
    Last edited by John; 10-03-2004 at 09:33 AM.

I watched the first two episodes, but I missed the last one because my power was out. I liked it, but it was very strange...especially the mom. Well, I'm gonna keep watching for sure, and I agree with you about the good casting and acting.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    The mom is a pot-smoking University prof! Christine Lahti rocks!

Also, the older brother Jack is great -- smokin' looks, and an interesting character dynamic with the mom.

I cannot stress how much I am in love with this show, after only 3 episodes!

ya me too...though some times i can't really get what the in the future people are talking about...Jack (Matt Long) is hot! And to think he is a newbie..bet after this is will be highly sought after!

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I really like this show too. That mother is something else though. Amazing how he ends up becoming president with a mother like that.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    I really like this show too. That mother is something else though. Amazing how he ends up becoming president with a mother like that.

It seems he is going the opposite way as his mother on everything. He becomes a priest(his mother has no faith), he's a Republican(his mother is a Democrat). I am really loving this show and they said its the first new fall show to have been picked up for next year!! Not sure if thats just on WB or all channels, either way I think its great for them!!

Premium Member
    I'm watching too, it's interesting to watch the flash-forward parts and see the future of this kid unfold. Christine Lahti is good, perfect portrayal of a liberal pot-smoking college professor that reminds me so much of some of my college profs from back in the early-mid 70's.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by alfngf
    It seems he is going the opposite way as his mother on everything. He becomes a priest(his mother has no faith), he's a Republican(his mother is a Democrat). I am really loving this show and they said its the first new fall show to have been picked up for next year!! Not sure if thats just on WB or all channels, either way I think its great for them!!
    I've only been able to see this off and on, but I agree the acting and writing are terrific. Who becomes a priest?

This is the best quality show on TV this season. Christine Lahti certainly should be nominated for an Emmy. I can't say too many good things about it!

FORT Fogey
    I like this show alot and think its very smart. Its a shame that its another example of a high quality program with low ratings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast