+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Jack and Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I can't wait til I find a recap somewhere---how did Jack die? I'm overseas, can't see it. I HOPE it gets picked up....
    After becoming a war hero by charging a tank and surviving, Jack came home and became a public defender who fought for the innocent. People were surprised at his choice which was the result of having visited his father in prison where the father was serving a life sentence for his part in a robbery during which he shot and killed the store clerk (supposedly by accident). The father was played by Lou Diamond Phillips. Later, Jack was convinced to run for Congress and won. He was killed in a convenience store robbery while still serving. Bobby's political career got started when Jack's wife declined to serve out Jack's unexpired term and Bobby was persuaded to do so.

I hope it's not true ...

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...05/050513.html

You Don't Know Jack, and That's a Crying Shame: It's the best show people stupidly ignored this season, which is why it breaks my heart to tell you sources have confirmed Jack & Bobby is a goner.

Earlier this week, when I called J&B boss Greg Berlanti hoping for good news, he told me, "You're so sweet to be holding vigil. It's like day 14 of Terry Schiavo, and you're not giving up. No decision has been made yet, and we haven't been told. But as the clock ticks, I can tell you, it doesn't look good. The network has been so supportive. I think everyone's sort of scratching their heads as to why it's not doing better than it's doing, and everyone loves it and acknowledges that the acting is superb and there are great stories, but it may very well be our fate to join the ranks of My So-Called Life and Freaks and Geeks."

That damn show. So good, it makes me cry nearly every week. And I swear I was all choked up by the end of Berlanti's call. (Yes, I'm that much of a sap and a fan.)

Still, please keep in mind that nothing is official yet. We'll get the final word on all the shows starting Monday in New York City, when the networks unveil their fall schedules.

FORT Newbie
    aww...i'm new...i can't believe my favorite show is gone.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bohrhapsody
    aww...i'm new...i can't believe my favorite show is gone.
    Welcome to the FORT! I'm with ya, this was pretty much my favorite show this year, I didn't miss one single episode. If it's really gone I'll be so disappointed, hopefully they will release it on DVD.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I love this show and hate to see that it probably won't be renewed. At least we know how Jack died. That would have been awful to follow the whole season and not know that.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    I love this show and hate to see that it probably won't be renewed. At least we know how Jack died. That would have been awful to follow the whole season and not know that.
    I like this show. As usual the shows I like well, you all get the picture.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I see on the "ABC and WB" thread that Jack and Bobby is dead. Glooooooommmmm.

To echo - at least we know how Jack died. Thats probably why they told us. they knew they were getting the *boot*. I read today http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/may05/326813.asp that they have gone to their final resting place.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member
    Oh Man... Fran Drescher gets renewed and Jack & Bobby get dumped? Now that is just wrong. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Oh Man... Fran Drescher gets renewed and Jack & Bobby get dumped? Now that is just wrong. :nono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456