+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Jay
    In Canada CTV is re-broadcasting the premiere tonight at 9.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was a weird combination of drama, comedy and Twin Peaks

I couldn't remember where Mary Alice was from - SEINFELD! You're right about all the Senifeld guest stars. Now all we need is Poppy

I thought Nicolette Sheridan looked horrible though. And the salad bar scene was hilarious

Not over yet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat
    Teri Hatcher was the one that Elaine felt up at the sauna.
    They're real and they're SPECTACULAR! I always think that when I see Teri Hatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was a weird combination of drama, comedy and Twin Peaks
    It's funny that you mention Twin Peaks - the dead woman was actually on Twin Peaks. Her name is Brenda Strong and as someone else already mentioned, she played another dead woman on Everwood. But she's also been in one of my favorite movies, Starship Troopers, and has done a ton of TV guest appearances besides Seinfeld.

This show is a hoot! I already can't wait for the next episode.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Fantastic show!! I can see people getting together for parties to watch the final episode, ala Melrose Place!!!

About the scene where the widower is digging up the swimming pool, wasn't it said that the son heard the sound of the digging and remembered the secret.......and I am sure the handsome, single neighbor is also looking for what is being dug up. I think he is a bad guy!!!! Being a good guy would be much too boring. Or else he's working for whomever really owns what is being dug up!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Weird. It's like I've entered a parallel universe or something where ABC has good programming.
    The only two new shows that have me hooked are "lost" and now this one.
    I love the slightly wacky almost edward scissorhands type neighbourhood, the mystery behind the show and the fact that the narrator is the dead woman. I thought the wake was a brilliant way to introduce the characters, and that the show never had a dull moment.
    I'll definitely be watching more.
    I know what you mean about ABC although they have had good programming in the past. They just always find a way to eff up their quality programs (think Homefront, Sports Night, and the Mole). I only got to see the last 20 minutes so I'm really glad they are rebroadcasting the first episode on Saturday. I thought mowing the lawn in the evening gown after instruction the waiter to make sure her husband always had a drink was

Premium Member
    I loved this show! I thought it was especially funny when the neighbor found Mary Alice's body while stopping by to return her blender.. and then she goes back home, calls the police and nonchalantly puts the blender back in her cupboard. Hilarious!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Marley, the neighbor needed a reason to go to Mary Alice's house when she heard the gun shot.....her 'reason' was going to be that she was returning her blender. Typical nosy neighbor! And the lady cutting the grass in the formal dress was doing so to keep her husband from firing their gardener (her lover!). Gotta Love This Show!!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I loved this show! I thought it was especially funny when the neighbor found Mary Alice's body while stopping by to return her blender.. and then she goes back home, calls the police and nonchalantly puts the blender back in her cupboard. Hilarious!
    And removing the sticker with the neighbour's name! She probably said to herself "Oh well, I guess Mary won't be wanting her blender back.".

I finally got to see the show last night. I loved it!! I just about killed myself laughing when Susan set fire to Edie's house with the candles then tried to put the fire out with the man's jeans.. which then caught fire and throwing alcohol at the fire.. I was
    This show is so quirky... it's like Pleasantville with attitude.

The gardner was hot. I think Mike the plumber is a bad guy .. at least I hope he is
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread