+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

No chance of Chris Noth joining L&O CI. I read an interview with Vincent D'onofrio and he has recovered from his illness, whatever it was (exhaustion or something) and has no intention of leaving. I do love D'onofrio, so that's not terrible news, but I sure would love to see Chris Noth back on an L&O series.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Criminal Intent returned here last week and I forgot how much I love it, I still prefer SVU but both are much better than the original which went downhill after Angie Harmon left.

Not too sure of the new ADA.....something about her.
    I agree with Fanatic277, I liked Harmon the best.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I was also shocked by the firing/gay comment. I haven't gotten a chance to see much of Law and Order lately, so I thought I maybe missed something, but judging from other posts it really was out of left field.
    I'm a regular L&O viewer and fanatic. (I've got the first season on DVD and the PC game. )

The prerequisite to understanding where Serena's gay line came from involves watching the episode "Gov Love" that aired on Nov. 10th of last year. This is the episode that involved an investigation into the death of a governor's wife. (Inspired by the investigation into Connecticut Gov. Rowland's accepting favors from contractors and a minor back story, inspired by the resignation of NJ Gov. McGreevey.) McCoy subpoenas their star witness but to his dismay, the witness is married to the same-gender defendant. McCoy decides to counter with his interpretation of spousal privilege. He seeks to the higher courts to ban gay marriages much to Serena's appall and objection. Her emotional involvement was very apparent in this episode. With her recent finale, now I understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Now what I would like to know... when is Chris Noth going to show up in L&O Criminal Intent?!?
    I'd heard that he was confirmed to appear in one episode sometime this season, but I have no idea when. Personally, I'd rather see him come back to the original show and replace Farina.

Oh, I just came across this:

Ron Epstein, co-owner of The Home Theater Forum website (recently written up by Forbes as being among "The Best of the Web", a well-deserved honor), has posted a press release there from Universal Studios Home Entertainment featuring all the TV-to-DVD releases they have planned from January to May 2005. While almost all of it has already been announced separately, the last three items were unknown up until now. Among those are Law & Order - Season 3 (Jerry Orbach's first season joining the main cast), selling for $59.98 SRP with a May 17th release date:

Coming to DVD this year is Law & Order - Season 3 on May 17, 2005. The hugely popular franchise from executive producer Dick Wolf that is currently celebrating its 15th year in television. Featuring one of entertainment's most beloved actors, Jerry Orbach, in his first season on "Law & Order," the show also stars Chris Noth, Michael Moriarty, Richard Brooks, Steven Hill and Dann Florek in this crisply plotted, intriguing crime series. The Law & Order - Season 3 DVD will be released just as this year's season finale airs on television, giving fans 22 gripping, ripped-from-the-headlines episodes to watch between seasons. Priced at $59.98 SRP.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2771

I'm a little excited by this news.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I'd heard that he was confirmed to appear in one episode sometime this season, but I have no idea when. Personally, I'd rather see him come back to the original show and replace Farina.
    That is what I also understood that he was going to "guest star" in a couple of Criminal Intent shows in the spring.

In response to the interview with Vincent D. stating he was not going anywhere... that really doesn't matter when the you get fired for bad behavior by Dick Wolf. Which appearantly has been going on for the last year and a half... maybe Mr. Vincent decided he like to stay employed and stopped acting up.

FORT Fogey

Orbach wins SAG award

To all:

Sad it happened after his death, but Jerry Orbach did win a SAG award posthumously for his work as best actor in a Drama series.

I didn't see the ceremony, but from my understanding his widow Elaine accepted the award on his behalf. It had to be a bittersweet moment that he was unable to live long enough to accept it himself.

FYI:
    Chris Noth will be reprising his role as Mike Logan- plaid ties and all- on L&O: CI next Sunday night, Feb. 13.

Here's a sneak peek from nbc.com:

As far as I know, this is his only confirmed appearance.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    No chance of Chris Noth joining L&O CI. I read an interview with Vincent D'onofrio and he has recovered from his illness, whatever it was (exhaustion or something) and has no intention of leaving. I do love D'onofrio, so that's not terrible news, but I sure would love to see Chris Noth back on an L&O series.
    Happy news for Ajane?

Noth returning in Law & Order spinoff

LOS ANGELES (AP) Chris Noth's guest appearance this weekend on Law & Order: Criminal Intent is the start of something big.

Noth, who left the original Law & Order 10 years ago, will become a regular on the spinoff beginning next season, series spokeswoman Pam Ruben Golum said Tuesday.

He will split duties with current series lead Vincent D'Onofrio, who's continuing as police Det. Robert Goren. Each actor will appear in 11 episodes for the fifth season. The NBC series airs at 9 p.m. EST on Sunday.

Noth's casting will ease the workload for D'Onofrio, who was in hospital briefly last year for exhaustion.

"The hardest job in show business is being a single lead on an hour drama series," said Law & Order creator and executive producer Dick Wolf.

"Vincent has done an unbelievable job for the last four seasons but after three-and-a-half years, the gruelling pace finally took its toll."

He called Noth's addition to the show an "ideal solution."

Noth, who was Sarah Jessica Parker's love interest, Mr. Big, on HBO's Sex and the City, will again play police Det. Mike Logan, his character from 1990-95 on Law & Order.

Source: The Toronto Star

Link in full:
    http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1107947579896

+ Reply to Thread