+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Come to think of it, isn't Arthur supposed to appear on the new L&O series? If you're right, Mariner, and that's the way the storyline turns out, maybe this is a way of transferring the character to the new show?
    I'm not sure AJane. That could be. If Arthur's role on the new series is as the DA, I am obviously wrong.

I was sure she was going to say "just kidding" about being a lesbian. You're right that it may be for a future plot, I thought she would quit rather than be fired.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Count me in as being totally shocked at her "Is it because I'm a lesbian" comment? WHERE did that come from? And Arthur's face...priceless. It almost looked as if the actor himself (Fred Thompson) was hearing this for the first time and didn't realize it was in the script!

But why say that anyway? Surely a ADA knows better than anyone that you can't fire for sexual orientation....so why even ask? Why not take him at face value that she just was no longer a good fit for the job? Prosecutors DO have to be ruthless and non-emotional, Jack McCoy does that very well. Serena didn't.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Well, thank gawd I'm not the only one who burst out laughing. I thought it was an interesting twist that she was fired - certainly much better than Claire being killed in a car accident, that show had me in tears - but the lesbian comment, and the look on Serena & Arthur's faces were hysterical. I mean, L&O has always been so well-written - if it's somehow relevant to future episodes that Serena is gay, could the writers not have segued into that topic a little more smoothly? I rarely find a reason to criticize this show but that was brutal.
    I was laughing hysterically. Her face/body/tone didn't change when she asked & got her response. It was totally out of left field. I don't think they did it so they could have Serena come back representing a gay client (because she could do that even if she was straight). Nor do I think it will lead to a sexual harassment suit or anything. I don't know why they did it. Like Ajane said - the segueway was not at all smooth.
    I'm not really loving this new season (don't really like the new detective) but maybe things will pick up with the new assistant DA.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I'm not a regular L&O viewer, but maybe they wanted to say they had a non-straight character? Are there any other regulars who are LGB or T?

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    I was also shocked by the firing/gay comment. I haven't gotten a chance to see much of Law and Order lately, so I thought I maybe missed something, but judging from other posts it really was out of left field.

I doubt she'd file a discrimination lawsuit. She asked the question, Branch said no (the expression on his face was funny), and she said "Good, good." She could possibly come back as a defense attorney in a case dealing with that issue, a la two previous ADAs (Robinette and Ross).

I don't like the new detective either. Nobody will ever be able to match Briscoe, but Fontana just makes me shudder.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I'm not a regular L&O viewer, but maybe they wanted to say they had a non-straight character? Are there any other regulars who are LGB or T?
    I was thinking that too.

FORT Newbie
    I guess I'm in the minority here, because I was kind of bummed when she got fired. I was really expecting her to quit. The lesbian thing was definitely unexpected. I don't see them making an issue of it later on. I think they just wanted to throw something at us to make the ending stick a bit more, and for me, it definitely worked. I must say, though, that it was probably not a defined element of her character until this episode. I recall an episode a while back where a lesbian teenage girl killed her girlfriend to keep the girlfriend from revealing their relationship to anyone. McCoy used the girl's fear of being "outed" to get her to plead guilty. Serena was against it, but I don't recall her saying anything like, "As a gay person, this disturbs me." You'd think she would have if they knew she was gay back then.

And someone mentioned Angie Harmon. Didn't she leave because she got a better offer, some federal prosecutor position or something? I certainly can't see her saying "I can't do this anymore." She was the toughest ADA they've ever had.

FORT Newbie
    I thinks Elisabeth Rohm is the best and hottest ADA. She is the most beautiful person on Law and Order. I wish she didn't leave but i also want to see her in the movie Miss Congeniality 2. I hope she stars in another show too!

I like the new Fontana guy... but I like the actor.

I loved the "out of left field" comment from Rohm in her last show. I like being surprise in a good way... normally when a girl leaves the ADA job with this show its gets a little tragic. I like how she went out with a bang.

Now what I would like to know... when is Chris Noth going to show up in L&O Criminal Intent?!?

+ Reply to Thread