+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    WTF was that ending all about? I figured Southerlyn was gonna be fired, but when she asked Branch if it was because she was a lesbian, I just went "Huh?!" I actually laughed when Branch said "You're fired."

Totally agree with you...I really didn't like it that much and that comment was from Left Field. I was actually surprised that she was fired as well...I thought she would say she needed a change....based off her saying that her opinions were not paid attention to....

Well, thank gawd I'm not the only one who burst out laughing. I thought it was an interesting twist that she was fired - certainly much better than Claire being killed in a car accident, that show had me in tears - but the lesbian comment, and the look on Serena & Arthur's faces were hysterical. I mean, L&O has always been so well-written - if it's somehow relevant to future episodes that Serena is gay, could the writers not have segued into that topic a little more smoothly? I rarely find a reason to criticize this show but that was brutal.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I missed this episode (wanted to see Serena's swan song!). Based on the posts here, I can't figure out what happened. Angie Harmon just kind of said "I can't do this anymore" and left (didn't realize she was having problems doing the job until that moment). At least Jamie's problems were continuous thorughout the season. But there were no hints Serena was gay? And why did she get fired? If someone wouldn't mind filling me in, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Chris

Nope, the "I'm a lesbian" thing came totally out of left field. The firing itself was kind of realistic...a lot of yada yada yada about what a great attorney Serena is, but not a good fit for that office - the kind of thing that people really do hear when they get canned.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    I missed this episode (wanted to see Serena's swan song!). Based on the posts here, I can't figure out what happened. Angie Harmon just kind of said "I can't do this anymore" and left (didn't realize she was having problems doing the job until that moment). At least Jamie's problems were continuous thorughout the season. But there were no hints Serena was gay? And why did she get fired? If someone wouldn't mind filling me in, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Chris

Now I can't say I have religiously watched every Ep...but I do feel I have caught a good many of them...and like you, I never once knew that Serena was gay.....anyone know if that was ever covered before?

WOW! The firing and and gay thing both surprised me.
    When Arthur was telling her she would be a better defense lawyer I thought she would basically offer her resignation but the gay comment, where did that come from??

Has there been any mention of who will replace her?

Quote Originally Posted by march
    WOW! The firing and and gay thing both surprised me.
    When Arthur was telling her she would be a better defense lawyer I thought she would basically offer her resignation but the gay comment, where did that come from??

The only thing that has been mentioned here, and one that i agree with, is that it somehow sets up something for a future episode and had to be in there.

The actress's name who is replacing Elisabeth Rohm is Annie Parisse, former soap star.

I missed this last night because of I Hate My Job. This has got to be the set up for a discrimination suit. If it leads to Arthur having to resign, I'm all for it. I really don't like him.

Come to think of it, isn't Arthur supposed to appear on the new L&O series? If you're right, Mariner, and that's the way the storyline turns out, maybe this is a way of transferring the character to the new show?

+ Reply to Thread