+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I know you are a fan of his, but I must say that I don't miss him all that much. He had his moments, but I find this new guy much more interesting. I'm curious to see how he will handle situations. With Elliot, you already knew how he would react. I grew tired of that.

Do you think they will bring Eliott back for any episodes? I think it would be interesting if the Captain called Elliot to help him when he finds that dead girl in his bed. Wouldn't that be a shocker, especially if he helps with the cover up. Then Olivia gets involved and discovers Elliot was involved. That would be an interesting storyline IMO.
    I agree with what you said about Elliot and the way he handled situations, but I find Olivia is like that too.

That scenario you mentioned would make for interesting television indeed.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

CCL

I don't think Elliott will come back. The actor left because the show wouldn't pay him the money he wanted; he now has a new role on True Blood. Maybe he would come back out for a guest episode out of loyalty to his old castmates but I don't know that the powers that be would even consider that option.
    I liked Elliott better than I do Olivia. I don't mind the new people. I've never liked any of the actors on SVU as much as I liked, say, Lenny on the original L & O.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I often find that I like Finn and Munch way more than I do Olivia. The new duo are solid, but I'm not sure what it says that I can never remember their character names.

I'm still puzzled as to how this will play out in the fall.
    redsox girl likes this.

I don't care for Amaro - bored with the wife in Iraq and is-she-cheating stuff - but I really like how Amanda is developing as a character. She's much edgier and less emotional than Olivia and it's a nice contrast. As for Finn and Munch, I can't imagine the show without them.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I stopped watching regularly because the writers were so predictable in how they portrayed Elliot and though I understand Benson and Elliot were the main characters, my interest tended to shift toward Munch and Finn as the years have gone by. It saddens me that the two of them don't get a chance to have more episodes geared toward them individually and as a duo. Their chemistry is great.Fin nd Munch had some great individual storylines earlier on. I remember MUnch's uncle (played by Jerry Louis) showing up in the precinct-very poignant. So was the story which involved a female reporter, a friend of Munch's, who was murdered. In fact one of my favorite story arcs was in regards to Finn, his son and the character played by Ludicrous(his chyaracter was Fin's nephew). Also, in the second year Ice-T did a nice turn helping a struggling junkie (Martha Plikmpton) deal with her demons, her crazy mother and the murder of her little sister.
    As for Olivia this year, the writers have overcompensated for the loss of Chris Meloni by instantly turning her into the paranoid rageaholic. She was never like that until this year-she was the counterbalance to Elliot, butjnow she's become Elliot and it's not working.
    Chris Meloni has always been active in other projects while working on SVU, whether it was OZ, tons of independent movies, the big screen in supporting roles or on the stage. My understanding is he finally left SVU because he had nowhere else to take the character of Elliot, not necessarily because of money. SVU was very good about keeping their two stars very happy.
    I'm hoping Captain Kragan gets to chew the scenery next autumn. I'm bummed they left such a cliff hanger, but excioted to see him get some screen time as he's been with the franchise since L&O began about two hundred years ago. He was the original captain on the original show. Always liked him and figuring out his backstory as the years went by. Very sad backstory.
    Debb70 likes this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    so the original L and O is not on anymore, did they ever address the Lt. Van Buren's cancer did she end up okay?
    In the final scene of the series Lt. Van Buren is shown excusing herself for a phone call. Though the viewer doesn't hear what is said, based on her reaction, a small smile that reads relief, the viewer can infer she is looking at being cancer free. Also, she finally lets her guard down and agrees to marry her lomg time beau. Her second marriage.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 05-26-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    tapper01 likes this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

The girl found dead in Cragen's bed was the girl who came onto Danny Pino's character but then came to him to say she wanted to turn state evidence but wanted protection as she believed she was next on the hit list. She was genuinely terrified while talking with him, then backed out all together as she seemed to believe they were being watched. Interestingly, he gave her his card and told her to call him if she needed, anything, implying that he would be there for her in more than a professional capacity.

I doubt Cragen would be using hookers, it's not in his character make-up, imo. When he woke up he behaved as if he were confused and groggy. Not sure where he was. He only panicked when he felt blood on his hand and then looked over to see the murdered woman. To me his reaction was more like " How The H"LL did she get here and OMG DID I MURDER HER?

I was thinking he might have been drugged with the motion sickness medication, like other victims. I don't know how or why...

Also, won't they find Danny Pino's characters card on her person or in her clothes? Sounds like a set up for the SVU squad.

P.S. It was a treat to see Cassidy (Dean Winters) back on SVU after all these years-I always wanted to know what happened to his character I'm wondering if Cassidy (who was so young, naive and such a straight shooter way back in 99) has turned `dirty' and has something to do with the bigger mystery.
    Also, ever notice the L&O franchises is populated with OZ actors? Chris Meloni, Dean Winters, B.D. Wong (truly under appreciated on both shows) and Kartherine Erbe, from CI? It's a bit of a mind twister to see how vastly different their respective characters are on each show.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 05-26-2012 at 09:22 PM.

I'm actually liking Danny Pino on this. I could not stand him when he was on Cold Case, but I do like him here and never thought I would.
    I love the blonde character. She's a terrific actress and very believable in the role.
    They do need to expand Munch's role on this.
    I do find that the writing is really good this year.
    On another note, there was a very good episode this season that was snipped from the headlines - Etan Patz's abduction. The couple allows their son to go to school on his own for the first time. And, he gets killed. So sad. THat's exactly what happened to Etan 33 years ago.
    redsox girl likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Anyone watch the SVU premiere? I was displeased at first when I saw it was two hours - it seemed a bit much - but I definitely changed my mind. Great beginning to the season, and proof this show still has plenty of life left in it. Please, please put Cassidy in as a regular now that he & Olivia are apparently together!

Further to the new (I hope) couple - what was going on when Olivia answered the phone call from Cragen? Her shoulders were bare and I assumed David was with her. Is Harry Connick Jr's character gone for good? They mentioned that David Haden resigned...and every time his name came up, they panned to Olivia's face to show a reaction. I wouldn't mind Olivia's love life as an ongoing subplot.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread