+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I'm pretty sure D'Onofrio suffered a nervous breakdown in real life... he was pretty ill for a while, from what I remember.
    Oh, I didn't know that. I heard awhile back that he collapsed on set and they suspected heart issues, but then he came right back. I never heard what it really was.

First I’m hearing of a nervous breakdown too – I remember hearing he had health issues, which were apparent in his appearance.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    First Im hearing of a nervous breakdown too I remember hearing he had health issues, which were apparent in his appearance.
    I hope he's on the mend now. When I saw him a few weeks ago on Morning Joe, he was sitting at their table chatting and seemed just fine.

Please help me remember, has his character on CI ever had a love interest? I can't recall one, except the odd flirtation with that British killer lady he tracked down for so long.

CCL

I don't recall Goren ever having a love interest. But they've never really delved into that area on CI. For example, his partner, Erbe, we know she had a husband who was killed but that was before the show started and there was never any mention of a new love. The only mention of her personal life was when she had the baby for her sister.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Apparently, the care of his mother dictated much of his life. Perhaps with the therapy he is getting, he may be able to reach out to someone romantically.

I did kind of get the creeps a little when he was talking to his therapist recently and he saw the face of the British lady killer, but it wasn't her, it was really the therapist. He just had that vision for a second. Scary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you mean the character or the actor suffered a breakdown?

He had a breakdown in real life.
    They said it was due to the stress of the role.
    He was hospitalized for a while.

That was several years ago and right before they brought in Chris Noth to alternate with him on the show. It was still on NBC then and not on USA.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Although D'Onofrio looks older and heavier in this season, he appears to be doing well. I looked it up and the breakdown/health issues happened in 2005. I enjoy watching the CI repeats nightly. Last night's had John Glover and Martha Plimpton - can't go wrong with those guest stars. It was also Eric Bogosian's first episode as the new captain.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Although D'Onofrio looks older and heavier in this season, he appears to be doing well. I looked it up and the breakdown/health issues happened in 2005. I enjoy watching the CI repeats nightly. Last night's had John Glover and Martha Plimpton - can't go wrong with those guest stars. It was also Eric Bogosian's first episode as the new captain.
    I adore Marth Plimpton. She is very underrated as an actor IMO. She was even a great actress in her teens years.

Did anyone see the episode that featured Kathy Griffin? She played a lesbian rights leader who ended up not being a lesbian.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I adore Marth Plimpton. She is very underrated as an actor IMO. She was even a great actress in her teens years.

Did anyone see the episode that featured Kathy Griffin? She played a lesbian rights leader who ended up not being a lesbian.
    I saw that...frankly I thought the whole thing was pretty offensive, and I was surprised KG got involved in it, from the strident activists to the fear of being outed as bi. Yes, there's some negativity in the lesbian community towards bi women, but not THAT much these days. And it seemed to downplay the real danger that gay people are in from militant straights.

I saw that one and it was a good show.
    However, it was on SVU, not CI.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread