+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    With the exception of a seven episode arc in season three while Kathryn Erbe was on maternity leave and Goren was partnered with Lyn Bishop, Eames has been his only partner. You are likely thinking of the various people that Logan (Chris Noth) and Nichols (Jeff Goldblum) have been partnered with.
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the info. Anyway, I didn't like those women for those roles. In fact, I think it boggles the mind as to why they were cast in those roles. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't think the actors even appeared to feel comfortable in their roles.

Actually D'Onofrio (sorry if I misspelled) is the reason I DON'T watch CI. For some reason he rubs me the wrong way.

I've pretty much enjoyed everyone in the original L&O though. Although Brisco & Benjamn Bratt were my faves.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    And with L&O the turnover happened almost seasonally - how long has SVU been on the air – the only replacement I recall happened very early on, when one detective left and they replaced him with Iced Tea. (not including the revolving ADAs that is – the main detectives have remained the same throughout several seasons.

With CI – it was always Goren and Eames until they alternated with Logan and Barek and her replacements – but they were never replaced.
    This makes me think they brought in a big glass filled with liquid and ice to join the cast every week.

Meloni has been with the show since they start which was 1998 or 1999 or something. I like him better than Hargitay.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was sorry to hear about Chris Meloni leaving SVU, too.
    SVU was character driven, the other L& O original was not.
    I think the problem with SVU for the past few years is that the writing went downhill. I watched for Meloni and Hargitay, as the plots were not that special.

As far as CI, I thought it was OK at the beginning, but then D'Onofrio seemed to "become" his character and, IMO, not in a good way. I alwys felt bad for Erbe because he always solved the case. She just seemed to go along for the ride.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Yeah, you really have to like Vincent to enjoy his acting style. If not, I can see how it could be a turn off. It's very interesting to me. I like him a lot.

He has been in quite a few movies. One of the best movies he has been in was a biographical one about Abby Hoffman. He was so excellent in that movie. I have watched it many times. Check it out if you like him. It was filmed when he was much younger. He played the character of Abby Hoffman with so much conviction!

Debb, I liked D'Onofrio a lot before CI. That's why I watched it.
    I think he became the part, though, and got too OTT for me, at least.
    He got very ill in real life, at the time, and that was when they started alternating him with Chris Noth. He had gone through a nervous breakdown.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I can't believe SVU is letting the two main actors go/cut down their time! It's been their strongest performer recently of all the L&O's I think, and it has no history of rotating cop actors. They are worth whatever they are paid.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    This makes me think they brought in a big glass filled with liquid and ice to join the cast every week.

Meloni has been with the show since they start which was 1998 or 1999 or something. I like him better than Hargitay.
    I began watching because I LOVE Meloni, I stopped watching because of Iced Tea and Hartigay.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I can't believe SVU is letting the two main actors go/cut down their time! It's been their strongest performer recently of all the L&O's I think, and it has no history of rotating cop actors. They are worth whatever they are paid.
    you'd think Dick Wolf would've learned from the debacle that CI became by replacing D'Onofrio and Erbe with Jeff Goldblum and Saffron Burrow. Not the mention cancelling L&O and replacing it with the now cancelled LOLA
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Debb, I liked D'Onofrio a lot before CI. That's why I watched it.
    I think he became the part, though, and got too OTT for me, at least.
    He got very ill in real life, at the time, and that was when they started alternating him with Chris Noth. He had gone through a nervous breakdown.
    Do you mean the character or the actor suffered a breakdown?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm pretty sure D'Onofrio suffered a nervous breakdown in real life... he was pretty ill for a while, from what I remember.

+ Reply to Thread