+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I'll totally be back! Ive watched every L&O series (including the original until McCoy was no longer the head ADA and it got wacky) and CI is my absolute favorite. I love Vincent's character and his acting--I could watch a show with just him.

I cant wait!

I've even been watching CI reruns in the evening. Last night had Chris Noth along with Goren and Eames for a prison storyline - I never get tired of watching the repeats. Hopefully my local channel will pick it up when it start to air again in May - in Canada CTV gets the option if they want it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought that Law and Order Criminal Intent was over, but I saw D'Onofrio (sp?) on Morning Joe today and he said they had just filmed 4-6 episodes and there may be more in the works!!!!!!!! I was shocked. I thought they ended his role and he was fired from the force. Did they start with new episodes since then?
    It begins May first and runs for eight episodes reuniting Goren and Eames. D'Onofiro fans are a very fanatical bunch and the show sank once he and Katherine Erbe were fired-fans of the original show with D'Onofrio and Erbe will be back in droves. It's touted as the final season, but there are rumors of maybe Eames and Goren coming back time and again. Wolfe admitted he made a huge mistake in firing D'Omofrio and Erbe. They both agreed to come back to honor the fans and to honor the shows original vision. D'Onofrio said the show will be more in the tone of the first four seasons and less to do with his personal demons. Which both Erbe and D'Onofrio are thrilled about. It is a shame Wolfe killed off the captain (Eric Bogartian) and it's even worse he can't bring back their original captain since on the show he resigned his post. But all in all. it should be a satisfying season and I cannot wait.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

BTW, anyone ever watched the Movie The Whole Wide World about famous pulp fiction writer Robert E. Howard? It was a small movie that came out in 1996, starring Vincent and Rene Zellwigger (who i don't normally like, but she was great in this movie). It's based on the book about Howard by his girlfriend Noevlyn Price (called He walked Alone). It's about their relationship in 1930's depression era Texas. Beautiful movie, have your hankies ready, though if you are unaware of who Howard was. The movie also features what is considered by many to be one of the greatest kisses in modern American cinema. When i saw that kiss originally, I think I actually stopped breathing for a few seconds. NOvelyn didn't write the memoir until the 1960's when she became frustrated by the erroneous and over the top mistakes made about Howard in the biographies released about him.
    A totally over looked and under appreciated little movie. The DVD also includes commentary about the making of the movie , which is very informative and entertaining. Apparently D'Onofrio put up some of his money in order to get it made. Very small budget but very well done.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Watching the show now, but must've missed how they brought Goren back. Anyone know?? Love them, will watch them faithfully, but would like to know how they came back after being forced to resign.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Watching the show now, but must've missed how they brought Goren back. Anyone know?? Love them, will watch them faithfully, but would like to know how they came back after being forced to resign.
    If you were watching the same episode I saw yesterday...it was a rerun - Jeremy Sisko was still alive on that episode and he had been killed off before Eames and Goren had left the show.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Sisto is the original - Eric Bogosian was the captain on CI who got killed off.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

I am so hapy that Goren is back! I love his character and all his quirks--he is such an impressive actor. Loved the scene when he pretended to be an Armani buyer on the phone last night!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Jay O. Sanders played the new Capt. of the series last night, Captain Joseph Hannah. He's the actor who played the hitman killer in that Criminal Intent episode where he would keep the bodies in a special hidden compartment in his freezer and Bobby and them caught him by making him think through his wife that he left part of the guys tooth or something in the freezer. It was the 'Dead' episode in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post

All they did regarding them coming back was to have one of the copson the scene to say welcome back, no further explanation. We may get a little more of an explanation in later episodes, maybe not.

Dick Wolf Hopes for Criminal Intent Reprieve, Says D'Onofrio & Erbe Have Never Been Better

Dick Wolf must be feeling a bit of deja vu this spring. Just as a year ago he was lobbying for NBC to pick up the original Law & Order for a 21st season (allowing it to set a record as TV’s longest-running drama series), the L&Overlord is now hoping that Criminal Intent‘s imminent 10th season won’t be — as announced by USA Network — its last.

“Being the unbridled optimist that I am, I still have hope that this is a ‘victory lap’ and not a ‘swan song,’” Wolf said during a Thursday conference call. “Based on the work so far, I think the audience is going to be very happy, relieved, and welcoming… and hopefully enough fans will come out so the powers-that-be reconsider their decision.”

Weighing in Criminal Intent‘s favor, of course, is the much anticipated return of two original series leads, Vincent D’Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe (as Detectives Robert Goren and Alexandra Eames) — not that Wolf ever wanted them long gone in the first place.

“It was never a decision to have them disappear into the wilderness,” Wolf says of the duo’s single-season extraction, during which Jeff Goldblum rode solo as Detective Zach Nichols. Looking forward, Wolf says, “I don’t think Vincent and Katie have been any better ever in the series. [Criminal Intent] is back to the power of the first two seasons.”

Of course, there is the none-too-small matter of getting Goren back onto the Major Cases Squad, fired as he was for insubordination at the start of Season 9. That segue is orchestrated by a new captain, Joseph Hannah (played by Jay O. Sanders), whom Goren knows from the police academy.

There’s also a bit of head-shrinking involved in Goren’s comeback. As Wolf explains, “In getting him back in the good graces of the police department, part of the agreement was for him to go back into psychological counseling.” As such, there will be one scene per episode where Goren meets with a therapist played by Julia Ormond (CSI: NY).

Those scenes, Wolf says, “will answer some questions that have been hanging since the first season, and over the course of [Season 10's] eight episodes you’re going to see something about the redemptive power of psychotherapy. This is an attempt to move [Goren] back to the psychologically complete detective that he was in the first season of the show.”

Whether this run of episodes kicking off Sunday, May 1, at 8/7c, is a “swan song” or “victory lap,” Wolf says, “This has been a great experience…. There is a real power in seeing this show come back at full-octane, with stories that are really interesting.”

Will you be tuning in for Criminal Intent‘s return?

Dick Wolf Hopes for Law & Order: Criminal Intent Reprieve - TVLine

Found this, I was right they will handle in later episodes explaining how Bobby specifically, and Eames got back on the force.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Jay O. Sanders played the new Capt. of the series last night, Captain Joseph Hannah. He's the actor who played the hitman killer in that Criminal Intent episode where he would keep the bodies in a special hidden compartment in his freezer and Bobby and them caught him by making him think through his wife that he left part of the guys tooth or something in the freezer. It was the 'Dead' episode in 2002.

winkgrin
    I was responding to this:

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    If you were watching the same episode I saw yesterday...it was a rerun - Jeremy Sisko was still alive on that episode and he had been killed off before Eames and Goren had left the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I realize there had to be new captain, since the old one was killed off, just clarifying who the actor playing the captain was.
    Last edited by anders332; 05-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread