+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

Alana De La Garza will reprise her Law & Order role in the Los Angeles spinoff, TVGuide.com has confirmed.
    De La Garza portrayed Connie Rubirosa, an assistant district attorney who joined the team at the beginning of Season 17. On Law & Order: Los Angeles, Rubirosa will team up with Terrence Howard's Jonah Dekker.

Now,if they could only bring over Jack McCoy and the rest of the law & Order Cast from New York City.
    Or, they could just go back to New York City period and forget about this Los Angeles spin off. I still don't get their logic in starting a spin off of the exact same show.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4170896;
    Richard Belzer, who is actually a comedian by trade.
    I wish they would do some shows focusing on the Ice T/ Munch partnership. In the past the show did give them a few shows in which they were the focus and i loved it. Their dynamics and interactions are great and I actually find myself more interested in them at times than in Benson and Stabler.

BTW, the character of Munch originated on Homicide:Life On The Streets. The character also appeared on the X Files and Law & Order. Belzer has always played the character and I think he holds some sort of record for playing the same chartacter on 4 or five different shows. I don't know why I know that, but I do
    ITA! I love Munch/Ice T. They mesh well on screen. Their partnership is far more interesting (and often entertaining/comical) to me than Benson & Stabler.

So Belzer appeared as Detective Munch on the X-Files? I would love to see that episode!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4171362;
    ITA! I love Munch/Ice T. They mesh well on screen. Their partnership is far more interesting (and often entertaining/comical) to me than Benson & Stabler.

So Belzer appeared as Detective Munch on the X-Files? I would love to see that episode!
    I see Munch and Fin as an old married couple Their bickering is as much about their differences as it is about their affection for one another.

I found this info about the different shows which have featured Munch (not including an episode of Sesame Street in which the character of Munch is a muppet on the `Law& Order: Letters of The Alphabet' squad).

Munch has been the only fictional character played by a single actor to appear on eight different television shows. These shows were on four different networks: NBC (Homicide: Life on the Street, and Law & Order franchise), FOX (The X-Files, Arrested Development), UPN (The Beat), and HBO (The Wire). Munch has also been one of the few television characters to cross genres, appearing not only in crime drama series, but also the genres of sitcom (Arrested Development), Late Night Comedy (Jimmy Kimmel Live) and horror and science fiction (The X-Files).[34] He has also played a role in international television series, beginning with UK crime drama Luther where he is mentioned as an American contact for the series' Serious Crime Unit (SCU). Notably Luther stars Idris Elba, the actor who played Stringer Bell in the HBO drama The Wire where Munch had cameoed previously.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4171362;

I was curious so i looked it up and this is the episode of X-files in which Munch appeared:

Unusual Suspects" is the third episode aired in the fifth season of The X-Files. This episode reveals the origins of the Lone Gunmen, and is a cross-over with the series Homicide: Life on the Street.

Belzer began portraying Munch in January 0f 1993 -so he's played this character for 18 years. Wow!

Munch is the only L&O character based on a real person:
    Munch first appears as a central character in the TV series Homicide: Life on the Street, as a homicide detective in the Baltimore Police Department's fictionalized homicide unit, which debuted January 31, 1993. The character was primarily based on Jay Landsman, a central figure in David Simon's true crime book Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets, a documentary account of the homicide unit's operation over one year.

and thus concludes my Richard Belzer/Det.John Munch update I sound like some sort of weird obsessed Richard Belzer fan..which is kind of sad and scary

I have a friend who looks exactly like Munch.
    I guess we all have a twin out there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4172709;
    I was curious so i looked it up and this is the episode of X-files in which Munch appeared:

Unusual Suspects" is the third episode aired in the fifth season of The X-Files. This episode reveals the origins of the Lone Gunmen, and is a cross-over with the series Homicide: Life on the Street.

Belzer began portraying Munch in January 0f 1993 -so he's played this character for 18 years. Wow!

and thus concludes my Richard Belzer/Det.John Munch update I sound like some sort of weird obsessed Richard Belzer fan..which is kind of sad and scary
    Thanks! Im going to see if I can find that episode online. Id love to see Munch kicking it with Mulder!

And youre right, Fin and Munch are like an old married couple..they bicker out of love!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4174519;
    Thanks! Im going to see if I can find that episode online. Id love to see Munch kicking it with Mulder!

And youre right, Fin and Munch are like an old married couple..they bicker out of love!
    If I remember correctly, I don't think Mulder was in much of this episode. It was the one where we met the Lone Gunman at some sort of convention.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

OMG. I had no idea that Christoper Meloni (Stabler) played on a show called Oz, many years ago. I ran across an episode on HBO this weekend. Man, he was VERY violent, which wasn't a stretch, but he was a bisexual killer in prison. They showed frontal nudity with this man.

I'm not sure why, but I can't stop thinking about this guy. I never cared much for his character on L&O SVU. He's such a hothead IMO. I'm not sure why I can't get that out of my head. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG. I had no idea that Christoper Meloni (Stabler) played on a show called Oz, many years ago. I ran across an episode on HBO this weekend. Man, he was VERY violent, which wasn't a stretch, but he was a bisexual killer in prison. They showed frontal nudity with this man.

I'm not sure why, but I can't stop thinking about this guy. I never cared much for his character on L&O SVU. He's such a hothead IMO. I'm not sure why I can't get that out of my head. Hmmmm.
    Christopher Meloni was brilliant in Oz. I think he may have received an Emmy nom for his role? If not, he should have. My husband and I were Oz fans, and couldn't believe how powerful his performances were.

LOL I developed a crush on him after watching him in Oz, not L&O. I know his character was a monster, but wow, he was hot.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Christopher Meloni was brilliant in Oz. I think he may have received an Emmy nom for his role? If not, he should have. My husband and I were Oz fans, and couldn't believe how powerful his performances were.

LOL I developed a crush on him after watching him in Oz, not L&O. I know his character was a monster, but wow, he was hot.

Yes. I wouldn't call myself naive, but I think it was the first time that I saw a mainstream actor with frontal nudity. I just can't stop thinking about it. I mean it was just a 2 second shot, but I just couldn't believe it. He really is hot. LOL

+ Reply to Thread