+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

I thought last night's LOLA was the best so far.
    It was a return to what made the show great - great plot twists, well written stories, terrific acting and great guest stars.
    And, I'm pleased to say it made me realize why I've alwys liked Terrence Howard.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I haven't watched any of the LA shows yet, but I did catch the last couple of Law and Orders, SVU. Last night was really good. It featured Marsha Gay Harden. It was very emotional.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the young boy whose mother signed him over to Olivia is still with her. I think they can both offer something to the other. Please remind me what happened to the boy's mother.

It seems like the show has more energy now. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4103243;
    I haven't watched any of the LA shows yet, but I did catch the last couple of Law and Orders, SVU. Last night was really good. It featured Marsha Gay Harden. It was very emotional.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the young boy whose mother signed him over to Olivia is still with her. I think they can both offer something to the other. Please remind me what happened to the boy's mother.

It seems like the show has more energy now. I like that.
    Yes. I enjoyed SVU last night, too.
    Marcia Gay Harden was terrific.

At the end of the last episode, we saw the mother trying to kill the guy who'd actually been revealed as her father - her own mother's rapist and the source of her hatred and bitterness over how she'd felt cast aside by her mother as she was the rapist's offspring. The rapist father is confronted by Maria Bello in the police station. She tries to kill him, Benson intervenes.
    When we find the rapist has been killed and the murder readily blamed on someone else, Stabler points out that the blood is too congealed for the murder to have just taken place. Immediately, they figure Maria Bello for the murder and we then see the kid left at the police station with a letter. Said letter is notarized and in it the mother signs over parental custody to Olivia.
    I was really glad to see that they showed the kid in the episode and continued the storyline.

In the meantime, I'm really liking the new ADA.
    I would have loved Paula Patton in the role - esp. since I know her mother - but I do understand why she opted out of the show to go to MI.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4103281;
    Yes. I enjoyed SVU last night, too.
    Marcia Gay Harden was terrific.

At the end of the last episode, we saw the mother trying to kill the guy who'd actually been revealed as her father - her own mother's rapist and the source of her hatred and bitterness over how she'd felt cast aside by her mother as she was the rapist's offspring. The rapist father is confronted by Maria Bello in the police station. She tries to kill him, Benson intervenes.
    When we find the rapist has been killed and the murder readily blamed on someone else, Stabler points out that the blood is too congealed for the murder to have just taken place. Immediately, they figure Maria Bello for the murder and we then see the kid left at the police station with a letter. Said letter is notarized and in it the mother signs over parental custody to Olivia.
    I was really glad to see that they showed the kid in the episode and continued the storyline.

In the meantime, I'm really liking the new ADA.
    I would have loved Paula Patton in the role - esp. since I know her mother - but I do understand why she opted out of the show to go to MI.

I read her mother was a school teacher. I haven't seen MI yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4105867;
    I read her mother was a school teacher. I haven't seen MI yet.
    The new Mission Impossible hasn't come out yet. She opted out of SVU in order to film it.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

For those L&O:CI fans out there who stopped watching when Dick Wolf let Vincent D'Onofrio and Katherine Erbe go , well, Jeff Goldblum is out and Vincent D'Onofrio has graciously agreed to come back in order to finish the last season of CI (which is it's tenth season). Word is, thyey are still working on getting Erbe to sign on. For me, the characters of Bobby Goren and his partner Eames are classic and when Wolf fired them (along with killing off Eric Borgasians character of The Captain)at the begining of season nine, I stopped watching. Apparently so did most people who were regular viewers of the show.
    I'm just so happy there will be some sort of finality to CI with proper respect being given to Goren and Eames. There is also talk that Vincent D'Onofrio will then appear in yet another Law& Order spin-off.
    I just wish Wolf would stop shaking things up on his shows- I'm still not buying L&O LA- maybe because the characters in the original L&O, including the city itself, are so iconic- I've invested most of my formative years in these characters and I can't comrehend L&O w/o Sam Waterson and the rest of the cast- especially as the ratings were going back up again in the last two seasons as the writing imroved and they finally fixed the problem of weak or unispired replacements.
    Anyhow, so thrilled Vincent D'onofrio is back and looking forward to the new season.
    Remarking on the intellectual vanity of Christopher Hitchens’ atheist crusade, Ross Douthat once quipped that “If the world were to end tomorrow in the hail of fire, I’m confident that one of the last things to be heard on Earth, before the meteor hits, would be the sound of Hitchens and [evangelical minister] Tim LaHaye both shouting in perfect unison: See, I told you so!”

CCL

Did Wolf can D'Onofrio? I thought D'Onofrio wanted out of the show (he had been on full-time, then went to part-time and then wanted out all together)? And that Erbe was a casualty of his going? Whatever, I am happy to have D'Onofrio back - I always liked him as Goren.
    As for LOLA - I'm pretty sure it was the network's decision to cancel the original L&O. LOLA is nowhere near as good as L&O but it is a decent enough show.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've not watched an episode of LOLA. I do miss the original.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

LOLA is really hitting its stride.
    Last night's episode was a takeoff on the whole Tiger Woods thing.
    It was very well done.
    This show keeps getting better.

I agree NRH! If they keep the focus on things that could/do happen in LA then it becomes much more believable and about the city itself.

+ Reply to Thread