+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

Did anyone catch SVU tonight? Jennifer Love Hewitt was the guest star, and quite honestly, I thought she did an amazing job. That scene where she was with Liv in the hospital going through the rape kit was almost painful to watch.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I did and I agree. I also think that scene with Judith Light as the judge was a crock. So the rape kit was degraded. The evidence from the storage unit itself was enough to charge him.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I still miss Lenny.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I was very glad that Jennifer got a chance to show her acting chops. Extremely well done.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

she was! i thought the scene when she broke down when they released him was pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;4073133;
    Did anyone catch SVU tonight? Jennifer Love Hewitt was the guest star, and quite honestly, I thought she did an amazing job. That scene where she was with Liv in the hospital going through the rape kit was almost painful to watch.

Anyone catch the mini-Jericho reunion on Law and Order: Los Angeles this week? Kenneth Mitchell (who played Skeet's brother in Jericho) was on as a pretty radical terrorist. Kenneth played on really well too.
    I wonder what it was like to work with a former partner with such different roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4073247;
    I still miss Lenny.
    He had the best one liners on that show and each of characters in the Law & Order franchise pale in comparison to him. I almost cried when he passed away.
    And now the original Law& Order is in L.A. That's sacrilege!
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4089817;
    He had the best one liners on that show and each of characters in the Law & Order franchise pale in comparison to him. I almost cried when he passed away.
    And now the original Law& Order is in L.A. That's sacrilege!
    Lenny was awesome. I think that I actually did cry a little when he died, even though I knew it was coming.

I don't know if I would go so far as to use the word sacrilige, but while the LA show is ok, it seems, I dunno, light and fluffy comparatively. Thematically it isn't, but there's something about palm trees and beaches and too much sun that detract from the appropriate gravitas. But, I'm an easterner through and through, so that's probably the issue I'm having with it. Nevertheless, it is L&O, so I will continue to watch until the end (seen every episode of every spinoff ).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I don't care for the LA version at all--I don't think it was very well cast.

I've been watching the British version on BBCAmerica (Friday nights at nine), "Law and Order UK". It's great--very much in keeping with the classic L&O. And they make a big deal of it "being the only American television show ever adapted for British TV." I think they've done two seasons so far.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

I'm still a devoted follower of everything L & O.
    I agree, though, that moving it to LA is just not the same.
    NYC was a part of L & O. It acted as that silent other character - the underbelly of NY so well captured in all the outside scenes.
    I realize they're trying to bring new life into it, but having LA now serve as the "silent other character" just seems wrong.
    I also think the stories on the regular L & O were the best of all the franchise. They just had a way of ripping the latest headlines from the news and making them exciting. I'm hoping the writing on the new LOLA improves.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread