+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

FORT Fogey
    I hope that fans of Law & Order were able to see the first episode of the new season last night.

What a barn-burner of a show! They addressed the very sticky moral issue of torture (as in the Abu Ghraib situation etc) and government sanction of it via various "legal" maneuvers.

I am impressed by how bravely they often face current and often controversial issues.

ETA--the episode is titled "Memo From the Dark Side" and is being repeated on NBC tonight--Saturday night.

Re: Law and Order

It was a terrific opener, Wind.
    I love that, season after season, the show always borrows from the headlines to make things topical and important.
    And, I do hope that S. Epatha Merkerson's Lieutenant character isn't suddenly killed off due to her illness. She's such a great character.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3711722;
    It was a terrific opener, Wind.
    I love that, season after season, the show always borrows from the headlines to make things topical and important.
    And, I do hope that S. Epatha Merkerson's Lieutenant character isn't suddenly killed off due to her illness. She's such a great character.
    Noreality--hi. That was quite a shocker and I loved that they allowed the character to handle it in a way that is consistent with her personality and how she handles everything else in her life.

It is truly amazing how this show can sustain such high quality writing and and creativity and production values after so many years on the air.

I can't thnk of another series that even comes close to this kind of achievement.

What I don't like about these shows (no matter how realistic) is that you know there was not going to be a conclusion/verdict in that case.

Maybe Merkeson is doing something else professionally/personally that will keep her from being on the show weekly and that's how they've decided to address it.

I noticed she had on a different wig from seasons past.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3711912;
    Noreality--hi. That was quite a shocker and I loved that they allowed the character to handle it in a way that is consistent with her personality and how she handles everything else in her life.

It is truly amazing how this show can sustain such high quality writing and and creativity and production values after so many years on the air.

I can't thnk of another series that even comes close to this kind of achievement.
    Wind, I totally agree.
    I find it incredible that with al the cast changes - and some, like Jesse L. Martin have totalled irked me - they still keep to the core of the show. Great writing about topical subjects which can't aways have a happy ending or be neatly tied up at the end of the episode.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Noreailty--hi. I STILL miss Jesse!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3711201;
    “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” is planning dramatic cast changes for next season, with four regulars, including star Vincent D’Onofrio, departing.

D’Onofrio is expected to exit sometime during the series’ upcoming ninth season, handing over his badge to Jeff Goldblum as the top detective on the major case squad.

Kathryn Erbe, who, like D’Onofrio, has been with the show since its beginning and plays his long-suffering partner Alex Eames, also will be phased out, as will Eric Bogosian, who plays the force’s captain, Danny Ross.

As previously reported, Julianne Nicholson, who played Goldblum’s partner but has just had a baby, her second, also is leaving. She’s being replaced by British actress Saffron Burrows.
    Not surprised they are phasing out Erbe as she has always been D'Onofrio's partner. But they could have partnered her with Jeff Golblum's character. Maybe she wanted to go. I do love Saffron Burrows and it will be great to see her on the small screen.

I did catch the first L & O of the season but it didn't hold my interest. Hopefully future episodes will be more gripping.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just dont' think that CI is stable enough to take these kinds of cast changes all at once. Losing D'Onofrio, Erbe and Bogosian is major - this show isn't the caliber of the original and I could easily walk away from this show - depending on the recasts.

I vaguely remember Saffron from Boston Legal - I'd have to look her up to see what she's done recently.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3713861;
    I just dont' think that CI is stable enough to take these kinds of cast changes all at once. Losing D'Onofrio, Erbe and Bogosian is major - this show isn't the caliber of the original and I could easily walk away from this show - depending on the recasts.

I vaguely remember Saffron from Boston Legal - I'd have to look her up to see what she's done recently.
    I've always thought of Goren and Eames as the main characters of the show and the reason it has survived as long as it has. To remove them and make Goldbloom the central character will backfire for USA. D'Onofrio has a very strong fan base and I am thinking when he goes, so does the viewership. What I've seen of Goldblooms character doesn't impress me- he's simply playing the part he always plays, the quirky intelectual.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

If they had at least kept Chris Noth before phasing out d'Onofrio and Erbe, that's at least baby steps. Nicholson isn't returning from mat leave.......

big mistake banking on Goldbloom to be the new lead - my son even said, 'he's just like the other guy' (Goren). He may act like Goren, but he's no d'Onofrio.

+ Reply to Thread