+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3018449;
    Good news! New episodes of CI are starting back on USA June 8th! Who is excited ????? I know I am I love CI! And it looks like Mike has his old partner back, Detective Wheeler is back I saw they updated the CI page on USA and she is featured now. Anyone else excited?
    Can't say I'm excited. I haven't liked any of his partners since the multi-lingual female detective left (brain freeze, can't think of her name, it's Italian).

Kaydyd, who's gay on the show? And which L&O is this storyline? I'm so out of touch with this show lately.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2930669;
    ^ He was probably playing a different character. They've done that before. For example, the actor who later played Lenny Briscoe was a defense attorney in an episode or two early on. And the actress who played Lt Van Buren played a victim's mother in an early episode.
    They do this all the time.
    As much as I enjoy most of the shows from the L&O stable this practice is a little annoying to me.
    Never been a big CI fan. I can't stand Alicia Witt so I haven't even attempted to watch beyond the first few minutes of any episode she's been on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3022178;
    Kaydyd, who's gay on the show? And which L&O is this storyline? I'm so out of touch with this show lately.
    I'm not Katydyd but I can answer this. Det. Wheeler is gay. She's Logan's partner, in between Annabella Sciorra and Alicia Witt. I don't care for Alicia Witt either, but I do like Wheeler (can't think of the actress's name though).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3022517;
    I'm not Katydyd but I can answer this. Det. Wheeler is gay. She's Logan's partner, in between Annabella Sciorra and Alicia Witt. I don't care for Alicia Witt either, but I do like Wheeler (can't think of the actress's name though).
    Thanks for the update.

I'm not a Wheeler fan at all. She's boring. I haven't watched much of this part of CI because of Annabella Sciorra's leaving the show. She was a perfect foil for Logan. I read somewhere that she wanted to leave after the first year, but her boyfriend talked her into doing one more year. He's been a frequent guest on all of the L&O shows. The one I remember the most is the CI episode where a woman thought she was a seer and her boyfriend was the one feeding her information. He killed a reported of a woman who paid them money beforehand to give her readings. He was also the contractor on another episode who killed his lover's husband and then gassed his lover so she couldn't testify against her.
    ~~~~

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3022517;
    I like Wheeler. She's gay on the show? I didn't know that. I honestly don't even remember Annabella Sciorra being on the show. I looked it up and she was on 12 episodes two years ago. I probably saw them but they're not sticking in my memory at all.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3022823;
    I like Wheeler. She's gay on the show? I didn't know that. I honestly don't even remember Annabella Sciorra being on the show. I looked it up and she was on 12 episodes two years ago. I probably saw them but they're not sticking in my memory at all.
    They didn't make a big deal out of her sexuality (that is, they didn't have the character make that sudden weird announcement like Serena did on the original L&O a couple years back). Wheeler & Logan were investigating a case and they went to speak to Wheeler's girlfriend who could help them somehow. I think it was briefly mentioned one other time.

I googled and the actress who plays Wheeler is Julianne Nicholson. Apparently she was on Ally McBeal for a while - a show I never missed - but I can't recall her on it.

Annabella Sciorra didn't make a big impression on me either. Her character never really seemed to develop. She did look great with Chris Noth though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3022910;
    They didn't make a big deal out of her sexuality (that is, they didn't have the character make that sudden weird announcement like Serena did on the original L&O a couple years back). Wheeler & Logan were investigating a case and they went to speak to Wheeler's girlfriend who could help them somehow. I think it was briefly mentioned one other time.

I googled and the actress who plays Wheeler is Julianne Nicholson. Apparently she was on Ally McBeal for a while - a show I never missed - but I can't recall her on it.

Annabella Sciorra didn't make a big impression on me either. Her character never really seemed to develop. She did look great with Chris Noth though.

Ah, thanks AJane.
    I wonder if/when they'll be showing new CIs on CTV. Everything else is going into repeats.
    Answered my own question. CTV has something on its website about CI airing Thursday, June 12 at 10 (Eastern).

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3022178;
    Can't say I'm excited. I haven't liked any of his partners since the multi-lingual female detective left (brain freeze, can't think of her name, it's Italian).

Actually, I was referring to an original L&O episode titled "Misbegotten" (had to look it up, memory's not that good ) where a pipe bomb kills a pregnant researcher. I don't remember, and couldn't find the full details, but the upshot was she was killed by a gay brother-in-law who thought the kid would be gay and was worried how this would effect him...or some such. Apparently the dad was just awful. It was a good epi, and is likely not too far away from a repeat . But, yes, Wheeler on CI is gay also, and so was the blonde ADA played by Elizabeth Rohm, also on the original L&O.

Oops...just realized AJane already mentioned Serena (thanks for the reminder, memory is worse than I realized!!)
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

You know what's weird about Serena coming out? It was on her last episode when Branch fired her for "caring too much," or some such drivel. I liked her on the show. I remember her talking about a gay student at her high school that no one knew, even her. I wonder if she was talking about herself? Other than that and few other gay-themed episodes, the writers didn't make it obvious or part of the previous plots.

Elisabeth Roehm is fluent in German. She's expecting her first child with some fiance I don't know. She used to be engaged to that legal eagle on CNBC, Dan Abrams. Okay, enough gossip, time to get to work.
    ~~~~

CCL

^ As I recall, it was Elisabeth Rohm's idea to put in the revelation about her character being gay in her final scene. I don't think the writers ever had that background in mind for her character. It was such a throwaway line, really, that it was rather absurd (I still remember the gist of the conversation, it was so weirdly framed: You're firing me? Is it because I'm gay? No? Good.).
    Last edited by CCL; 05-27-2008 at 09:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread