+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

I sat through both new epis last night, and I have to admit I was kind of disappointed in the storylines. The writing seems to be a little off the mark.

I enjoyed both new cast members, though. I already liked Jeremy Sisto, and I hope they develop his character more - he didn't seem to have a lot of dialogue, even though the first show was basically all about him. The new DA is very, very different from Sam Waterston and Michael Moriarty, and though I love both those actors, I like that they've changed up the role.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

i just hate it when my favorite shows come the same night and same hour. i keep going back and forth to the point of missing all the actions

Did anyone watch the SVU episode that was on tonight about the woodsman serial killer? Wow. This episode was intense. I went through a big range of emotions and although I hate feeling so badly, it was a very well done episode. I cried.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Yes, it was very intense. I jumped when the victim in the tub opened her eyes and also screamed with Olivia at the end. Great episode!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I agree. I thought it was one of the best SVU's in a while. I had a feeling she was going to do what she did. But it didn't stop me from crying along with Olivia either.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

It was a good episode! I thought the whole "feel" of the show was different last night. I already avoid watching this show when my kids are around, but this episode was even more intense. Not saying whether it is good or bad, but I thought that the scenes with the bodies were much more graphic. Some of the episode was downright uncomfortable to watch - maybe that was the point. I am curious to see whether they will maintain the changes in future episodes or if this was a one-time thing.

Damn, I missed the early airing of the epi and fell asleep part-way in when I tried to watch it later. Of course I woke up in time to see the FBI agent shoot herself. Did she play some part in the killings?

Tonight there's a new L&O CI that supposedly is about Eames having to re-investigate her husband's murder after his partner is killed. I watch CI regularly and knew that Eames was a widow and her husband had been a cop, but I never heard any of the backstory and I'm really intrigued by what's going to be revealed tonight. The new epi is on NBC, which is weird because I thought they'd dropped the show?
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2747699;

Tonight there's a new L&O CI that supposedly is about Eames having to re-investigate her husband's murder after his partner is killed. I watch CI regularly and knew that Eames was a widow and her husband had been a cop, but I never heard any of the backstory and I'm really intrigued by what's going to be revealed tonight. The new epi is on NBC, which is weird because I thought they'd dropped the show?
    They've been airing Criminal Intent on the USA Network in the US (basically NBC demoted it to a cable station). But now that the writers' strike is on and they have hours to fill they're airing the episodes on NBC. CTV has been airing CI on Sundays and I'm pretty sure they've aired that episode (sounds familiar).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2747699;
    Damn, I missed the early airing of the epi and fell asleep part-way in when I tried to watch it later. Of course I woke up in time to see the FBI agent shoot herself. Did she play some part in the killings?
    It was discovered that Cooper, the FBI agent, lured the killer back to the crime scene and shot him with her dead partner's gun. Her partner had shot himself due to the stress of tracking The Woodsman. Cooper also carried the guilt that the last victim would have been found and lived if she'd arrested the killer rather than killing him.

The scene in which they discovered the victim was gripping. The room was filled with torture devices and a big washtub. Olivia discovered her in a drawer under a surgical table, bound and gagged and covered with burns and cuts.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2747713;
    They've been airing Criminal Intent on the USA Network in the US (basically NBC demoted it to a cable station). But now that the writers' strike is on and they have hours to fill they're airing the episodes on NBC. CTV has been airing CI on Sundays and I'm pretty sure they've aired that episode (sounds familiar).
    I must have missed the CTV airing, then. I was wondering how NBC could snatch back the show because of the writers' strike.

Thanks, Lil. I hate when I'm half (or completely) asleep and I drift in and out of a show. I always wonder if I dreamed it or if it really happened.

+ Reply to Thread