+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Re: Law and Order

Nope, Benson's brother wasn't the rapist. The other female cop - can't remember her name now - set him up as she thought he raped her younger sister, who had just died of a drug overdose. She thought that her sister became a drug addict as a result of Benson's brother raping her, when in fact it was her father who had molested her sister. Very different, emotional episode - not normally my cup of tea, but Mariska Hagiarty did a superb job carrying the storyline.

Now, did anyone see the last 10 minutes of CI last night? I fell asleep.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2363414;

Now, did anyone see the last 10 minutes of CI last night? I fell asleep.
    The one astronaut's wife was behind everything. She set up a phony email account to get the other female astronaut to think her husband was really interested in her, and not the astronaut he was having an affair with. She gave her a lotion that was laced with steroids, which led her into a streoid induced rage.

Anyone else catch CI last night? It was the Anna Nicole story and all I can say is, Howard K. Stern must be livid. Seriously, though, Kristy Swanson did a great job as "Anna" - I loved her scene with Chris Noth when she pinched his wristwatch.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I completely forgot the SVU finale tonight. Did I miss anything big?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Nope. Didn't hold my attention at all. I am thrilled that Adam Beach is going to be a regular, though. He's from my hometown.

Very weird final shows this season for both SVU and CI, in that there's so much personal stuff going on. CI's Goren's dying mother who had the affair with the serial killer (who might be his biological dad ), and this week, Logan's vigilante hunt for the ex of the woman he had started seeing romantically. In SVU, Tutola's son accused of murder, Benson's brother and the rape storyline...and right at the end of SVU last night, Stabler's wife told him she was pregnant. While I thought that Vincent D'onofrio and Mariska Hargitay pulled off their storylines pretty well, I'm not sure I like the focus coming off the cases and onto the actors. The case stories are why the series has survived all the casting changes over the years.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2414348;
    I completely forgot the SVU finale tonight. Did I miss anything big?
    Well, I'd say fairly big, in that the stepson (who turned out to be the product of a rape of Ice-T's ex wife by her father--and her mother forced her to have the child who was then raised as a nephew) who was accused of murdering his wife and baby (and who had confessed, but it was thrown out) managed to use his family insider knowledge, plus an enemy of the captain's, to bring down the whole squad. He made them all look like crooked cops, so they weren't convincing witnesses and made the captain look like he'd covered up for them so he's going to exiled to Outer Mongolia. Seemed like a way to have a whole new cast next season!
    Olivia was confessing IAD that she'd given money to her brother while he was on the lam (he was innocent in the end, but a fugitive at the time). Staebler's daughter was being hauled off in a squad car for the DUI the cops supressed a while back to help out Elliott, even though Elliott technically didn't ask for help. Fin was in trouble because years ago after being on duty 36 straight hours he went to sleep instead of immediately driving in and processing a cache of drugs and guns he'd found (his bio son had found one of the guns when he was ten and Fin got really mad at him about it---so the bio son told the stepson/nephew about it--all that was years ago but the stepson remembered--Fin was furious at him for telling the stepson, which was totally unfair, so now he's cut ties with his good son). And in the end the stepson got off.
    It definitely was focused on the cops themselves, but it tied together loose ends from many old cases. I wonder if the cast is up for contract negotiations!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2415456;
    I wonder if the cast is up for contract negotiations!!
    I don't know about the rest of the cast, but knowing that both Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay made deals in January that get them over $300K per episode for next season kind of took out the element of suspense for me on Benson & Stabler. Link. I do wonder if one of the other cast members is getting booted, since they are bringing in the new detective guy.

FORT Fogey

I like the dabbling in their personal lives. I'm still wondering about Stabler and Benson. They really havent explained their relationship except for the shrink saying it was unhealthy but they are the best partners the Captain has.

I think this is great news. Not that I didn't like Milena Govich, but I'm a fan of Jeremy's.

Jeremy Sisto joins L&O

Whoa, I didn't know FORT had this thread. I love all the L&O except for Fred Thompson and Eric Brogosian. Yeah! Fred's leaving but that means he'll be in the news more often, boo!

I still don't like the cast changes on CI, but the mute button helps whenever Capt. Ross is speaking. Same thing happened on L&O with Thompson.

I miss Annabella Sciorra (sp?) but I read she chose to leave.

I'm hoping the new season brings better stories, not "ripped from the headline" or rehashed old scripts.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread