+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Jay
    How about your least favorites? For detective, I choose Benjamin Bratt. He was much too pretty to be credible. For attorney, I choose Richard Brooks. The reason? Can't put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    My favourite DA was Michael Moriarty...Sam Waterston is OK but never quite lived up to Stone. The best ADA was Angie Harmon by a mile.
    I totally agree. I've been watching this show for years. Michael Moriarty was one of the reasons I got addicted. Just imagine how great it would have been if he had been paired with Angie, whom I also loved.
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

I knew there had to be a thread about this somewhere.

I've been a light watcher of this show on and off the last few years. I bought the Season One DVD set last night, and I've already watched half of the set. I'm hooked, and no, it's not just because of Chris Noth. Michael Moriarty's fabulous. I haven't been watching the newest episodes so I can't say anything about Jerry Orbach's departure or that blond ADA they have now. I will say, though, that from the few recent shows I've seen, I'm not too crazy about Jesse L. Martin (even if he is easy on the eyes). I love the writing, the storylines, and I love how it's taped in NYC and not a backlot in Hollywood. It adds much needed realism.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Season 2 DVD set and I hope they come out with the other earlier seasons soon.

Can somebody explain this show's appeal?
    My boyfriend's a total addict, which means this is ALL he watches, given the frequent re-runs. I've tried to get into it, if only so we can watch TV together, but it's so formulaic and talky it drives me crazy.
    Everybody just walks around telling the plot to each other. Then they interview some smart-aleck witness who talks some more. Then they take the case to court where lawyers and witnesses do more talking. They hardly show anything.
    Seriously, what am I missing?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Law and order and it's spin offs are among my favourite US shows. I only caught them on Hallmark in the UK a couple of years ago, and there must be at least 10yrs of shows I've yet to see. That'll keep me going for a while!

I wish I had an answer for you. I can't give a solid reason why I (and the rest of my family) am an addict of this show.

Do you only get to see the original series? Have you watched SVU or Criminal Intent? They each offer something different as far as plot and one of the others may be more to your liking.

The original series holds little appeal to me and CI none whatsoever, I love SVU though.

I like all of them, but if I had to pick only one to watch, it would be SVU hands-down.

Over the past year or so, Criminal Intent changed from being about the crimes and turned into the Vincent D'Onofrio show.

Oh, we watch them all. The regular one. Criminal Intent. SVU. SUV, the Eddie Bauer edition.
    Seriously, Paul and I have polar opposite entertainment tastes. He likes shows that are plot-driven and he doesn't care too much for character development. I like character-driven shows, or even better, real people-driven shows which have no plot, like The Osbournes.
    Needless to say, we spend many of our evenings watching TV in different rooms.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I love L&O, although I haven't watched many this season. Maybe I'm going through Jerry withdrawals....

I love SVU - my favorite in the bunch. I watch CI but I just can't get into it...the lead guy drives me a bit bonkers with his incredible knowledge about everything and anything....and no one else seems to have anything much to do.

+ Reply to Thread