+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

Melsevene, didn't Jerry Orbach die? I'm just sure that he did.
    I agree with you that watching the show without him isn't nearly as entertaining.

I don't care much for CI. The original guy is so intense that he gives me the creeps. Maybe he's a great actor and I just don't know it, but it seems that some serious over acting is going on there.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    I don't watch the mothership anymore, after Jerry Orbach's character retired, I just wasn't interested anymore. Plus, I think L&O in one form or another, being on every freakin' hour of the day is definitely oversaturation and it's killed my interest in the show.

That said, I've started watching CI on the weeks Chris Noth is on. I could never stand this show before because I don't like that other guy, he overacts and the show seems to become all about him. I loved Chris Noth when he was on the mothership and he definitely brings a complexity to his character that you don't see with a lot of the other L&O characters.

Anyway, I watched last night and wondered if it is continued next week? I hope so, otherwise I missed something... or a lot.
    I really don't think it continues next week. It did have an ending - they all got off.

giz - I think they are trying to make it that there is an attraction between Stabler & Olivia on SVU. When Olivia was slashed that time by the child kidnapper, Stabler said he couldn't leave her and go after the perpetrator because he was so concerned about her. Letting the kidnapper flee meant the little kid ended up getting killed. Stabler was angry that his personal feelings got in the way of his work, with a child dying as the result. Olivia seemed to feel the same & at the end she asked to be given a new partner. I find it a bit weird because they've worked together for years and all of a sudden they have feelings? It seems a bit forced, like they had to do something to explain why Olivia was not around as Stabler's partner for a while (while Mariska Hargitay is away on maternity leave).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well, previously Elliott had a wife, so that would have helped stifle any feelings, or at least any acting on them.

CCL
    ^^ True. But there never seemed to be any sexual tension between them, no longing looks, no meaningful smiles etc. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I really don't think it continues next week. It did have an ending - they all got off.
    Really, that was an ending? When Jaime Sheridan's character said that last line about the cop on the scene when Logan shot the other cop, Martinez I think it was, and something about a meeting where he (Sheridan's character) had to bring his ??? officer with him, just confused me to pieces.

I knew there was a reason I didn't like these shows anymore...

I had no intention of watching tonight's season finale, but after what I read on another board I had to.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I knew that Annie Parisse was leaving, but I wouldn't think that they'd write her off by killing her! She was the third L&O character to be killed off, and definitely in the most brutal fashion. Can't say that I felt much after seeing that- I didn't like Borgia one bit.

I read in today's paper that Dennis Farina won't be back next year. I'm not too crazy about him so won't miss him. I hope they get a really great guy to replace him.

I won't miss that sour faced assistant DA either. Her constant moralizing(if that's a word) got old really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Melsevene, didn't Jerry Orbach die? I'm just sure that he did.
    I agree with you that watching the show without him isn't nearly as entertaining.

I don't care much for CI. The original guy is so intense that he gives me the creeps. Maybe he's a great actor and I just don't know it, but it seems that some serious over acting is going on there.

On the show Briscoe`retired'-but that's only because the guy who writes the L&O shows(Dick Wolf) wanted him to star in his new L&O spin-off , can't remeber the name. Orbach filmed one episode of the new show before subscumbing to cancer in late November of 2004.The new show didn't begin airing til spring of 2005, which further confused the 'isn't he dead?" issue. Orbach had been quite ill for months but still showed for work on L&O and the new show, despite chemo and radiation treatments- in his last few appearences on L&O you can tell he's ill because his voice is a raspy whisper.
    I miss his characters one liners and zingers.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I read in today's paper that Dennis Farina won't be back next year. I'm not too crazy about him so won't miss him. I hope they get a really great guy to replace him.

I won't miss that sour faced assistant DA either. Her constant moralizing(if that's a word) got old really fast.

Oh I did not like Farina character at all. Not a fan of the assisatant d.a, either. Kind of bland. It's just so hard to replace Jerry Orbach. I MISS HIM!
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I didn't care for the new detective's Captain on CI at all. Kind of reminds me of Elliott Gould in the M*A*S*H movie.
    Also, they didn't have any representative from the DA's office on the show, not even in the opening credits teaser. Normally, they would show the 2 detectives, their boss, and the ADA.
    Goren's mentor was Lionel Luthor from Smallville. I almost expected Clark or Lex to show up somehow.

+ Reply to Thread