+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

FORT Fogey
    CCL:

They did a great job with the "SVU" episode, and even before it aired a lot of people felt Mariska deserves the Emmy for her performance in it.

As for "TBJ", it actually did well enough overall to be renewed, however, it's big problem was the 18-49 ratings (which ad buyers care about) were abysmal, and much lower than shows that got much lower ratings overall, meaning "TBJ" was mainly watched by the much less desirable 50+ audience.

Of course, given what replaced it is doing worse, it might teach NBC a lesson.

CCL
    18 -49 is such a stupid age bracket. Ooh, you turned 50 - no longer desirable! Anyways, I'm in the 18-19 bracket (and will be for quite some time yet!) and I liked TBJ, personally. But, what can you do?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Review of "Ghosts" (Wednesday, October 5, 2005 NBC Episode)

Here's my review of the episode. Using the spoiler technique here rather than space, so invert so you can read it if you want:

Click to see Spoiler:
    The episode opened with two ladies walking home after a night out, with them being robbed at gunpoint, with them calling the cops afterwards. It appeared to be a simple chase with the suspect (Dan Flood) caught until he was shot after his shooting one of the cops. He was dying in the hospital when Joe and Ed talk to him about that, with him and another man (Johnny) admitting to raping and killing a woman named Sarah Dolan 10 years earlier. Joe was looking for more information as it turned out he worked on that case at the time, saying this man didn't kill Sarah Dolan.

After talking with Dan's father, they are talking with his friend Johnny Zona, who said he wasn't with him. Joe then notes how he and his partner at the time thought it was Sara's father who murdered him, and then showed Ed a tape from an interview with Sara's father, noting he not once in the interview called Sara by her name. Like how they then talked to construction workers who noted how Dan Flood had worked for Robert and Amy Dolan near the time of Sara's murder. Joe and Ed then get the door slammed in their faces when they go to the Dolan's home.

Like how Joe and Ed then go through Johnny's prison pals before finding out that Johnny said in prison he strangled a girl. Like how Lexi then argued successfully to have the body exhumed and then it proven that Sara was strangled. It turns out that Johnny had found his father dead, with his mother saying that Johnny's brother Nick should have found the body. They find his brother owning a restaurant in Brooklyn, doing well in spite of being unable to sell booze. Nick then agrees to testify against Johnny, but Jack was concerned about the credibility of the witnesses even though he said to arrest Johnny.

I then like how Arthur then reminds Jack how he has to win the case because it was an election year, with it noted that Amy had died the morning after the indictment.

Jack then gets a motion to suppress Kenny Muhammed's communication that put Johnny in jail on religious grounds.

Like how Lexi then tells Jack they should go for a plea, with her admitting she talked to Arthur, with Jack then talking with Arthur and refusing to take a plea, with Nick then saying how he didn't come clean until now. Nick then admitted that Joe would promise Nick a liquor license if he did, with Joe and Jack at odds afterwards.

At trial, Nick then says that Johnny killed Sara, which he said at his cousin's funeral. Jack then sees his case fall apart, then telling Jack in private that Johnny killed "someone", not necessarily Sara.

Like how Jack then basically hands over Nick to the defense to impeach him, with Jack and Joe then at odds once again.

Lexi then shows Jack a photo of Johnny Zona from 10 years earlier, with Jack then going to Rob Dolan's Insurance Agency in Brooklyn, with his refusing to cooperate because of his previously being accused himself. Johnny Zona and his attorney then agree to an accessory to murder charge and 3-9 years, with Johnny privately admitting that he was there and Dan Flood raping Sara when Johnny only wanting to get cash for drugs and killing her.

At that point, Jack talks with Rob Dolan again after Lexi got him to pick Johnny out of a photo array, with Rob then telling Jack he would testify. With Joe watching in the gallery, Rob then testifies he did not kill Sara, which he had been accused of 10 years earlier. He then admits in court to hiring a defense attorney, with Rob calling Joe and his partner at that time lying, press-hungry Detectives. Johnny would be found guilty of second degree murder.

Like at the end how Ed informs Joe of the verdict, with Joe then coming out to apologize to Rob for the hell he went through 10 years earlier, with Rob refusing to shake his hand.

Yet another great episode!

Law and Order - SVU

Did anyone watch last night's episode? The ending was kind of predictable for me. I knew the adoptive father had something to do with it. However, I DID NOT see that courtroom shoot-out coming!! WOW!! Great episode!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    I cant belive no one has this show on!!

I love the show more than like anyone lmao

last nights episode was good, but the weeks befores was amazing!!!! they brought back the DA!

Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks
    last nights episode was good, but the weeks befores was amazing!!!!
    I especially liked the one a couple of weeks ago with Olivia and the kidnapped little girl who kept calling her! It was one of the best yet!!!

I used to watch it all the time, but for a few months now I missed it because I am exhausted by 10. However, I watched it last night and I think I'm hooked again. Like Lildago, I had a suspicion the parents were involved.

That was a great show last night, though it's so hard to watch little ones being hurt.

But I was confused after the shooting - did Casey get hit??? It looked like she did but I didn't hear anyone mention anything about her afterwards?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane, Casey wasn't hit. Kyle grabbed her from behind and held the gun to her head. He then pushed her aside and shot Eliot. (I had it taped and watched that scene twice last night! )

Thanks lildago - it went so fast I didn't catch it. I didn't see Munsch get hit, either.

On another note, Marcia Gay Harden was awesome. (Wasn't she nominated for an Academy Award for the movie Pollack, or am I confusing her with someone else?) Hope they bring her back for another appearance.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread