+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

aga
    FORTified
    I think they are going to have their work cut out for them suppressing the sexual tension between Sciorra and Noth. Although they do pull it off with Benson and Stabler.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

The Watcher
    I thought Rohm was bad. But now, I want her back!

I cannot stand the new assistant....

FORT Fogey

SPOILER!! Review of opening episode

I like Annie Parisse actually:

Anyway, here's my review of the season opener (WARNING, SPOILER, and I'm including space):

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

What a way to open the season, and for the first time in a while, one that didn't open with a dead body!

It opened at Tompkins Square Park with a mother (Denise Clark) who's daughter was abducted with Denise falling off the car. Joe and Ed manage to nail the man who did it (Dwight Jacobs), who then uses the fact he's in jail to make it as difficult as possible on Jack and Alexandra to get it without a walk, with Jacobs' girlfriend (Charlene Dowd) apparently holding down the girl. Love how Jack was then trying to get Jacobs' attorney (Charles Graham) to reveal where Denise's daughter Jennifer was.

In court, Jack is reamed by Judge Deidre Hellstrom, with his motion to force Graham to talk denied, and then after Jack ordering Graham arrested, with Graham all over Alexandra for Jack's conduct. The body of Charlotte is then found, brutally bludgeoned to death, with no sign of Jennifer.

Joe and Ed then head for an apartment building, where it turned out a man (Bernard Hines, a known sex offender) in the apartment claimed to defend himself from Charlotte. Jacobs' then refused any offers of a sentence with his new attorney. Arthur then correctly reams Jack in that he really didn't have a choice in what happened. Jack then decides to go behind Arthur's back and make a deal to find Jennifer Clark.

Like how Arthur then talks with Judge Hellstrom, trying to force her to reverse Jack's deal after that. Jacob then allocutes to sentencing by saying he kidnapped the girl to sell for money, saying he put the girl in a garage in the garage of his mother's home, with the girl found alive and unharmed. The judge then goes over Jack's head and will not honor the sentence, with the maximum sentence allowed, then wanting a trial.

Arthur then walks in on Jack, reminding Jack that there was a much bigger concern than Jennifer Clark, but also basically told Jack he would not fire him because he was too good a prosecutor.

A great episode to start the season!

I thought that was a pretty good episode too, and it seemed as though it broke away from the traditional L&O routine in several ways. Instead of a short beginning culminating in a "zinger" by Fontana (previously Lenny gave the one-liner), we got a bit more into the story - although it was easier with no dead body yet. I really liked how it wasn't simply half "Law" and half "Order", but rather that the two sides were present throughout most of the show. I noticed too how the time on the graphic that shows their location changed while that screen was on (like 8:14 to 8:15 - weird). Hopefully there will be more episodes like this, where most of the story doesn't revolve around someone who was killed and where the plots are a bit more memorable.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

The Watcher
    It's something with the way Alexandra talks...also, what's up with the reddish makeup each time?

giz
    I really didn't like that episode and I love all the Law and Orders. For one thing, it belonged on SV. For another thing, I just thought if was exploitative and gross. The whole idea. On SV you're sort of prepared, but I just don't want kids in boxes, it was just wrong.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    I noticed too how the time on the graphic that shows their location changed while that screen was on (like 8:14 to 8:15 - weird).
    I think that was to emphasize all the time ticking past as they raced to save the little girl. I recall a previous episode where there was a lot going on and they showed the time a lot in that one too (it was an old one, where a guy was held wrongly, and in the end he was killed in the prison by an inmate before he could be released).
    L & O was okay this week. Didn't really like the SVU episode. Stabler is going off the deep end.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I wasn't too crazy about this week's premiere, although I loved the verbal smackdown Van Buren layed onto Fontana early on. Otherwise, I agree that this storyline was better off on SVU.

Now I'm just waiting for Chris Noth's return on Criminal Intent.

giz
    Are you toying with me? Is Chris Noth really going to do another episode. Be still my foolish heart.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Are you toying with me? Is Chris Noth really going to do another episode. Be still my foolish heart.
    Not the original, but spinoff Criminal Intent, where he will do 11 episodes.

+ Reply to Thread