+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

CCL
    Hm, you know, I never intended to watch Trial by Jury in the first place (I've always liked the cop aspect of the show, and it seemed like it was going away from that route). But I caught the last couple of episodes when I was on vacation and they were pretty good. I'm suprised they cancelled it. Well, actually, I'm not because they always cancel shows these days rather than give them a chance. Hm.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Criminal Intent news

For L&O fans, NBC announced Annabella Sciorra will join CI next fall. She will be partnered with Chris Noth. Most of you already knew that Noth was joining the cast to share the workload with D'Onofrio. Noth/Sciorra team will take half of the episodes (11) while D'Onofrio/Erbe team will get the other half. I think Sciorra is great choice to be Noth's partner. Bringing in Noth and Sciorra is good for the show in general. Can't go wrong with Noth, who is an old favorite for many fans. And personally, though I like D'Onofrio as an actor, I get a little tired of his one-man show Goren character sometimes.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/

Good news there on the L&O:CI. I agree, Goren's character has gotten to the point where every plot involves him solving the crime that baffles the rest of the world because he picks up on some minute tick in a facial expression.

I couldn't get into L&O:TBJ. First, Lilith as a lawyer just didn't cut it, but more importantly, the show really did almost put down the police side of things. The DA didn't trust the police half the time. Just not a fit with the traditional law and order balance.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

CCL
    Annabella Sciorra is a good choice. It is interesting that the spinoffs always have a male-female cop team whereas the original L & O has always had an all-male team.

I like Goren personally. Does anyone know how they are going to split it up next year on CI? Is it going to be one week Noth, one week D'Onofrio or will half the season be Noth and the other half be D'Onofrio.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    For L&O fans, NBC announced Annabella Sciorra will join CI next fall. She will be partnered with Chris Noth. Most of you already knew that Noth was joining the cast to share the workload with D'Onofrio. Noth/Sciorra team will take half of the episodes (11) while D'Onofrio/Erbe team will get the other half. I think Sciorra is great choice to be Noth's partner. Bringing in Noth and Sciorra is good for the show in general. Can't go wrong with Noth, who is an old favorite for many fans. And personally, though I like D'Onofrio as an actor, I get a little tired of his one-man show Goren character sometimes.
    That's great news. I don't watch CI regularly but I will make a point of it next season. I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly - I've always liked Vincent D'onofrio but the character is way over the top. I've always felt Kathryn Erbe doesn't get the attention she deserves because D'onofrio's Goren overwhelms the CI storylines.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

NBC 'Intent' on Hiring Sciorra

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Detective Mike Logan won't be working solo on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" next season.

NBC announced Tuesday (May 24) that Annabella Sciorra will join the cast as Logan's ("L&O" mothership alum Chris Noth) partner, Detective Carolyn Barek, in 2005-06. Noth and Sciorra will appear in 11 episodes of the series, while the show's original stars, Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe, will star in the other 11.

Co-stars Jamey Sheridan and Courtney B. Vance will continue their roles in all 22 episodes.

The novel, time-sharing arrangement for "Criminal Intent" came about in February, after Noth filmed a guest spot on the show. D'Onofrio was hospitalized last fall after twice suffering fainting spells, which "L&O" creator/executive producer Dick Wolf attributed to D'Onofrio's heavy workload on the series. Having Noth shoulder some of that load, he said at the time, "is an ideal solution so that Vincent can continue to do the incredible work that has become the hallmark of the role."

Sciorra's character, "Criminal Intent" executive producer Rene Balcer says, is a "brilliant criminal profiler" who has worked for the FBI as well as the NYPD and joins Logan on the Major Case Squad. "Barek is as surprising, intuitive and razor-sharp as the talented actress who plays her," Balcer adds.

The actress earned an Emmy nomination in 2001 for playing Tony's (James Gandolfini) unstable mistress, Gloria Trillo, on "The Sopranos." She also starred in the brief CBS series "Queens Supreme" and has appeared in such films as "Jungle Fever," "Romeo Is Bleeding" and last year's "Chasing Liberty."

link

Based on the character description, I can definitely see some conflict between Logan's street smarts and Barek's book smarts. I can't wait.

My mom and I watched a 1973 version of The Glass Menagerie the other night and both Sam Waterston and Michael Moriarty were in it, looking so young.

Re: SVU, I haven't seen much of the last season, but I think the series is on a downward slide. Compare the current episodes - I was able to catch the one before last - to the reruns...

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I like Goren personally. Does anyone know how they are going to split it up next year on CI? Is it going to be one week Noth, one week D'Onofrio or will half the season be Noth and the other half be D'Onofrio.
    Seems logical that the teams would switch off week to week. That way, fans of either team wouldn't have to wait half a season to see their favorite team, as the case may be. I think it would keep the show fresher too. This two team format may even increase viewership. CI already was a strong performer in its timeslot, regularly winning it before Desperate Housewives came along.

I have not missed an episode of Law and Order and Law and Order SVU. The best partner set up was Chris Noth and Jerry Orbach. Actually, as long as Jerry was one of the detectives, it didn't matter to me who he was paired with. Jerry played a NY detective, like, well, a NY detective! With all of the cast changes that the original L&O went through, I still loved the show, it had awesome stories. Although as long as it had Chris or Jerry, I was fine with it. Now, with them both gone, it's getting some use to.

SVU, I love also, the story lines are great. And when watching Mariska Hargitay, I can see her mother, Jayne Mansfield so much in her. Thinking that she was a little girl in the back of that car that took her mom's life, basically decapitated her mom, just seeing how she has overcome that is amazing to me.

Now, onto CI. I have to be honest, I like the show, the stories are great, but Vincent's character is like the modern day Columbo. I have to admit I have missed a few episodes of CI, so I do have to ask this. The last time I tuned in, Jamey Sheridan had an eye patch on. What did I miss? Why the eye patch?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    Now, onto CI. I have to be honest, I like the show, the stories are great, but Vincent's character is like the modern day Columbo. I have to admit I have missed a few episodes of CI, so I do have to ask this. The last time I tuned in, Jamey Sheridan had an eye patch on. What did I miss? Why the eye patch?
    Jamie Sheridan had Bell's Palsy, which is why he was wearing the eye patch.

+ Reply to Thread