+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Law and Order

I was hoping that Ed's departure would be a little more tame, like having a parent die or taking some vacation time. Alas, since this is Law & Order they have to do something dramatic, as well as provide a storyline for a L&O/L&O: Trial By Jury crossover. That's a show I can't get into at all- it's because I like the cop part more.

Oh, and I've become addicted to SVU. Mariska Hargitay is amazing as Det. Benson.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    Oh, and I've become addicted to SVU. Mariska Hargitay is amazing as Det. Benson.
    I agree totally about Mariska sleepy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Wally, I knew I could count on you for an answer. Thank you. I thought it would be tough going with 2 new detectives on the series AND a new ADA (I must say Annie Parisse is as dull as ditchwater - not the greatest casting move, IMO).
    I am happy to see someone besides me think she is terrible. I have always liked all the girls that have been in the role of ADA... this is the first time in any of the L&O shows that I have not cared for a new replacement.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    (I must say Annie Parisse is as dull as ditchwater - not the greatest casting move, IMO).
    Actually, I think Annie Parisse has done fine so far as the new ADA, though saying that, I still feel that if Dick Wolf had gone against his hatred of Reality TV and brought in ex-Apprentice candidate Jennifer Massey to replace Elisabeth, that gamble would have paid off since she's a real-life attorney who I think would have worked with the writers in a way few actors could.

I know some could not stand Jenn M. on The Apprentice, however, I think even with a lack of acting experience she would have been great as a prosectuor on either the original or spinoff Trial By Jury as one who would have been no-nonsense and maybe even a young, female version of Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    Mariska Hargitay is amazing as Det. Benson.
    There are many who do agree with you 100% if not more.

Speaking of "SVU", that's also supposed to have a crossover with Trial By Jury where Casey (Diane Neal) is attacked and is forced to hand off the case to the "TBJ" prosecutors (and Angela Landsbury is supposed to guest star in the "SVU" half of the crossover).

FORT Fogey

Everybody's Favorite Bagman (original 1988 pilot episode)

Just a note:

Everybody's Favorite Bagman airs Tuesday (April 19) at 4:00 PM ET/PT on TNT.

This is the original pilot episode, filmed for CBS in 1988 that was based on the NYC Parking Violations scandal that led to the eventual suicide of Donald Manes in April 1986.

CCL
    I was wondering how Noth & D'onofrio's splitting of episodes next year on Law & Order: CI was going to work visavis Kathryn Erbe. And now we now, I guess:

Dick Wolf is currently casting a new female partner to work alongside Noth. Kathryn Erbe, it turns out, will only be appearing in D'Onofrio's episodes.
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/050413.asp
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Just curious:
    Did anyone watch the SVU/TBJ crossover last night? I thought it was pretty decent. Diane Neal's not one of my favorites but she was pretty good, and Angela Lansbury was brilliant as that smarmy mother. The storyline itself, though, was kinda predictable.

CCL
    Darn it - it was new last night? They were showing the original L & O on the Canadian channel last night (I believe it is the epsiode NBC is showing tonight - it was set in the world of horse racing)so I presumed that SVU was a repeat. I'd have loved to seen Angela Lansbury as a smarmy mother.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Trial By Jury Cancelled

To all:

You probably know by now that spinoff Trial By Jury was cancelled after just 12 episodes by NBC. This to me was an unfair cancellation because "TBJ" in my opinion never got a fair shot on a few fronts:

1. Many people I know missed the episode that aired March 11 because it was airing directly opposite (and in some cases pre-empted by) college basketball conference tournament games.

2. Those people for the most part then missed the March 18 & 25 episodes because those aired directly opposite NCAA Tournament games (March 25 was also Good Friday, which also caused many people to miss that episode).

3. The episode after that on April 1 aired during a time many people were distracted by the impending death of Pope John Paul II and in many cases were still dealing with that the following Friday, April 8, and people probably missed those episodes because of that as well.

That right there marks FIVE eisodes that many people may have missed because of other things.

There is a petition to save Trial By Jury that you can see and sign by clicking this link. If you are a fan of "the franchise", pass this link on to anyone you know who would like to at least let NBC know they made a mistake in cancelling "TBJ."

+ Reply to Thread