+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: '24' will start with a bang on January 3

'24' will start with a bang on January 3

EXPLOSIVE TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE OF "24" STARTS THE CLOCK ON A NEW DAY JAN. 3 ON FOX

Series Moves to Monday Nights for 24 Episodes in a Row

FOX's award-winning series 24 returns for a fourth season of clock-stopping suspense beginning with an explosive season premiere of back-to-back episodes Monday, Jan. 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The time period premiere will be Monday, Jan. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Kiefer Sutherland returns as Jack Bauer as the series shifts to Monday nights in 2005. The intense drama will unfold on a weekly basis without repeats or preemptions, from the pulse-pounding premiere to the heart-stopping season finale.

In season three of 24, Jack, who was in charge of a special field operations unit of the Counter Terrorist Unit, fought to stop a viral terrorism threat before it could kill millions of people.

Season four begins 18 months later with the episode "Day 4: 7:00 am 8:00 am." CTU is now headed by Erin Driscoll (Alberta Watson, "La Femme Nikita"), a steely government agent who made firing Jack one of her first priorities upon taking over. After the explosion of a commuter train, Jack, who is now working for Secretary of Defense James Heller (William Devane, "Knots Landing") and also is romantically involved with his married daughter, Audrey (Kim Raver, "Third Watch"), suddenly finds himself heading back to CTU for a meeting with Driscoll on Heller's behalf.

Also featured will be Nestor Serrano ("The Day After Tomorrow") as Middle Eastern businessman Navi Araz, Oscar-nominated actress Shohreh Aghdashloo ("The House of Sand and Fog") as his wife, Dina, and Jonathan Ahdout ("The House of Sand and Fog") as their son, Behrooz.

24 is one of the most innovative, thrilling and acclaimed dramas on television. In its first three seasons, the series has won Emmy Awards for writing, editing and casting and has been nominated for 28 total Emmys highlighted by three each for Outstanding Drama Series and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Sutherland. 24 also has received seven Golden Globe nominations, including three for Best Television Series Drama, which it won last season; and Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Drama for three years, with Sutherland winning once.

Created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, 24 will retain its unique format in the new season. Each episode will cover one hour of real time and the season's entire story will take place during one day, so that viewers again can follow characters as they live through a momentous day that none of them will ever forget.

24 is a production of Real Time Productions and Imagine Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Surnow, Cochran, Brian Grazer, Howard Gordon and Evan Katz are the executive producers. Sutherland is a co-executive producer.

Thanks for the article, John. I'm ready for 24 to start! 2005 can't get here fast enough.

Thanks for that heads-up John. I'm so excited!

I LOVE William Devane! And Nestor Serrano's good too. Can't wait.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

maybe I will make it through this one, I gave up halfway through the third season. just got wayyy too hokey for me. I think the writing slipped a bit there. Lets hope its fixed.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I will be glad to see the new season of 24. Kim Raver will be in it now that she has joined the show.

FORT Regular
    Other than the information in John's article above has anyone else heard anything about the upcoming season?

I know we all hope it will be better than most of last season was. The fact that they are running this with out any preempted weeks is a good thing, it helps keep the tension up a bit.

I think that's going to be a huge point, ARFan.....24 episodes in a row, without interruption. It's so hard to keep interested when there are 3 weeks of pre-emption and THEN a new episode.

I can't wait either!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I only watched one or two episodes of this, so read the article that started the thread to see if I could catch up. Tell me the quote below doesn't mean what it seems to say???

"Jack, who is now working for Secretary of Defense James Heller (William Devane, "Knots Landing") and also is romantically involved with his married daughter, Audrey (Kim Raver, "Third Watch"),"

Hopefully that means with Heller's married daughter, not his own?

I had to read that sentence twice myself!!! Obviously just a poorly written sentence, since Jack's daughter's name is Kim.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Kim is hardly going to be in this season of "24".......??????
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I don't plan to watch this season. Last season was a chore for me to tune in, & the only reason I did was b/c the Mr. was still watching & wanted me to watch with him. If he wants to watch again this year, he will be on his own! Between the prison guard getting his brains blown out in Russian Roulette & Jack assassinating what's his name (I'm blanking) , last season was just too violent & more importantly, too disturbing for me.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast