+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: '24' will start with a bang on January 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I caught it! Great episode(s). I can't wait for 2 more tonight. I think the new cast is good. I'm really glad they offed Nina and Sherry Palmer last season. And they did refer to Kim and Chase(I think Chloe asked how they were)...and we MIGHT see Kim this season, but in a totally limited role(I hope).

Jack is a badass!!
    Those two hours went by fast last night -- and I'm looking forward to tonight.

First impressions? The new president seems like a sleezeball. Not too impressed with Jack's boss, either.

Ellen
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Great Episode! Shohreh Aghdashloo...gorgeous! love her...(She was Ben Kingsley's wife in the movie "The House of Fog and Sand")
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I watched, and it was a good change from the usual Sunday night fare. "Driscoll" (the head woman) acted like she was playing a Vulcan - no emotion, deadpan every line.
    Last edited by John; 01-10-2005 at 06:40 PM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Every season someone in Jack's life is kidnapped. I wish they would drop that. I did like last night's premier. I wish they would show two hours every week.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Every season someone in Jack's life is kidnapped. I wish they would drop that. I did like last night's premier. I wish they would show two hours every week.
    lol, yeah the premiere was so good i didn't even acknowlege the kidnapping

and i loved the Michael Moore reference

can't wait for tonite!

FORT Fan
    24 has always been known for its ridiculous twists and unbelievable leaps of logic, but I think that after 3 seasons, I think I've gotten used to it. That being said, this season has started off well. Yes, the kidnapping of Jack's girlfriend was cheesy, but I guess the novelty of the new cast is giving us a few episodes to get acclimated and not worry about crazy storylines. So far, the Muslim family side plot is pretty good, but the significance has yet to be revealed. What happened to Chloe O'Brien? She seems like a different person. The president side clips are worthless. When those Allstate Company adds air during commercial time, I long for the days of President Palmer. He played the part of president better. The new development with Driscoll's psycho kid doesn't look promising either. Still, so far my overall impression of the whole terror threat is good. Let's just hope it doesn't get too ridiculous. I have a feeling some leaps of faith might start coming when Jack has to deal with the cops next week.

Dogg--What was the Michael Moore reference? I recall thinking something about him, but I do not remember what was said.

I agree with you Norm....I miss Pres. Palmer too. I'd vote for that President in an instant. What's the development with Driscoll's kid? Or do you mean Heller's kid? The boy that was at the kidnapping? I missed the first half hour last night...and then saw him hooked up to the sensory deprivation equipment. That's all I remember with that though.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Add me to the missing Pres. Palmer list.

Driscoll has a teenage schizophrenic daughter, who called from home, having one of her "episodes". She later went over to the neighbors' house and harassed their kid, leading them to call the police. Driscoll had her employee (the dark-haired girl who doesn't like Chloe) call the police and ask them not to arrest her daughter. Basically, I think this whole thing is just a set-up for Driscoll having to leave at some point, leaving room for someone else to step in...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

So why did they hook up Heller's son to the sensory dep. stuff?? I know they are questioning him, but I guess I don't understand the tactic of sense. dep.

Oh, Okay, I totally missed the schizo Driscoll daughter. Yeah, its a setup....so JACK can step in and lead the way.

I knew Jack was going to turn around and save....oh, I forgot his name, but the cpu hacker kid. That was great! The other part I really enjoyed last night was the Heller's attempted "jail break". I was totally yelling "Grab that gun....now grab that other one, it's better!!!"
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

They made Heller's son take a polygraph and one part of it came up inconclusive, leading them to think he was still hiding something. Driscoll wanted Curtis to perform some other kind of torture on Heller's son and he refused, suggesting the sensory deprivation as a milder form of persuasion, since he didn't really believe that Heller's son had done anything wrong.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread